If we don't dump Jamal Adams for some nice trade...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Our best result will be knocked out in 1st or 2nd round, most likely a wild card.

Just a gut feeling Jamal has to go. Let him go sign KJ, and like 1-2 other players... we might have a snowballs chance in hell if we let Jamal go... I think we are looking at .500 territory if we keep Jamal it just doesn't work with this team and he's so inconsistent can't even get an interception he's overrated.

rcaido

Reaction score
Tokadub":21f9b6hg said:
Our best result will be knocked out in 1st or 2nd round, most likely a wild card.

Just a gut feeling Jamal has to go. Let him go sign KJ, and like 1-2 other players... we might have a snowballs chance in hell if we let Jamal go... I think we are looking at .500 territory if we keep Jamal it just doesn't work with this team and he's so inconsistent can't even get an interception he's overrated.

He wasn't even 100% and we went 9-3 with him. Why would we suddenly become .500 team with him healthy?

Atradees

Reaction score
We are gonna sign him long term. Happy face. 9.5 sacks gets you paid because you rock.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I wish that we had never made the trade and had McDougald and the draft picks back but what's done is done.

Considering everything at this point, it makes the most sense to me that the Hawks sign him long term and hopefully not north of $15M/year.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Get over it. He isnt going anywhere and no it doesnt make sense to trade him and go back to mediocre ss play. Sorry. Not sorry. Dumb post.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Trade a bunch of draft picks for a generational defensive talent, then decide that he's terrible after setting a sacks record just because his broken fingers/hands that he was playing with (for your entertainment) made it hard to intercept passes. Yeah, not a smart post.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every time I come to .NET I always hope - like a battered spouse - things will improve. Then BAM. Threads like this.

Sigh.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyone with eyes can see how much better and more energetic the defense is with him on the field. To say this after netting near as makes no difference 10 sacks with basically a broken upper half of his body is wacky.

iigakusei

Reaction score
It was a terrible trade, but what's done is done. We just have to hope he can improve in our defensive scheme.
He is a good player - possibly even great in the right scheme (3-4 attacking defense). I just don't see what he did really well besides produce sacks (which when you are blitzing him more than 8 times a game - I think twice as much as any other DB is easier to attain). He showed flashes of being dominant in the run game. He quite frankly was really awful in coverage, he was PFF's 45th ranked safety. Did the injuries play a part - absolutely. Did coming to a new defensive scheme play a part - absolutely. In the playoffs against the Rams I would argue he was one of the worst players on the field (probably shouldnt have been playing). But when you are giving up two first rounders and more, you should be getting a more impactful player LT (Tunsil) Stud DE (Mack) Shutdown corner (Ramsey). I could easily make the argument Carlos Dunlap had more of a positive effect on the defense than Adams. I really hope I am wrong - they sign him to a $15.5 million per year contract (making him the highest paid safety) and he plays amazing for the next five years. I think they will end up giving him $18-19 million per year, and he wont have the impact we all hope for, due to being constantly injured, or worse, just not that impactful.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
iigakusei":21e0fmo6 said:
It was a terrible trade, but what's done is done. We just have to hope he can improve in our defensive scheme.
He is a good player - possibly even great in the right scheme (3-4 attacking defense). I just don't see what he did really well besides produce sacks (which when you are blitzing him more than 8 times a game - I think twice as much as any other DB is easier to attain). He showed flashes of being dominant in the run game. He quite frankly was really awful in coverage, he was PFF's 45th ranked safety. Did the injuries play a part - absolutely. Did coming to a new defensive scheme play a part - absolutely. In the playoffs against the Rams I would argue he was one of the worst players on the field (probably shouldnt have been playing). But when you are giving up two first rounders and more, you should be getting a more impactful player LT (Tunsil) Stud DE (Mack) Shutdown corner (Ramsey). I could easily make the argument Carlos Dunlap had more of a positive effect on the defense than Adams. I really hope I am wrong - they sign him to a $15.5 million per year contract (making him the highest paid safety) and he plays amazing for the next five years. I think they will end up giving him $18-19 million per year, and he wont have the impact we all hope for, due to being constantly injured, or worse, just not that impactful.

PFF rated Dunlap really badly too, but that just ain't how it went down, chief.

I agree the trade compensation was lopsided, but they needed a blue chipper and everyone knows Seattle picks late yearly. A pick that likely ends up being 26-27ish ain't worth crap as far as true star talent goes. The trade package Seattle gave the Jets is roughly equivalent to what they would have had to pay to move up to Jamal's original draft slot of sixth overall.

Also, if getting sacks were so easy simply by blitzing the safety, I think most teams would be doing it. There's a reason this was an NFL record, and he didn't even do it on a full season.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Wasnt a terrible trade either. You can have all your 1st rounders to attempt to find a player you think fits. We will wait for him to work out when you find said player or wait...we found a very suitable player and took all the work out of searching for someone of his caliber. Get over the first round grades...first round assessment bullshit. Maybe 5 of the top 32 every year pan out. While most the starting caliber players come from later rounds and udfa. The rest turn ass because people like you believe mel kipers and Dan hanzus are gods. They are not and mock drafts are a waste of time.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1bhr9osw said:
iigakusei":1bhr9osw said:

PFF rated Dunlap really badly too, but that just ain't how it went down, chief.

I agree the trade compensation was lopsided, but they needed a blue chipper and everyone knows Seattle picks late yearly. A pick that likely ends up being 26-27ish ain't worth crap as far as true star talent goes. The trade package Seattle gave the Jets is roughly equivalent to what they would have had to pay to move up to Jamal's original draft slot of sixth overall.

Also, if getting sacks were so easy simply by blitzing the safety, I think most teams would be doing it. There's a reason this was an NFL record, and he didn't even do it on a full season.
He is an amazing blitzer - you are right. What else did he do well though? Like I said, I really hope I am wrong and he is lights out next year and going forward - I guess I am still pissed about how much we gave up for a safety who can blitz.

Jville

Reaction score
For bad gut feelings ........ consider digestive enzymes and / or probiotics.

Better yet ...... consult a seasoned nutritionist. Proper nutrition plays a huge role in the Seahawks program and the success of the Seahawks program.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1a5uccph said:
Get over it. He isnt going anywhere and no it doesnt make sense to trade him and go back to mediocre ss play. Sorry. Not sorry. Dumb post.
I couldn't agree more.
Where the hell are these guys coming up with these dumb ideas...Pete Carroll likes the hell out of JA, and he's not wrong in his assessment.
The man is a big time play disrupter, get him signed long term.
:irishdrinkers:

Throwdown

Reaction score
I’d rather trade Russ

There’s nothing wrong with Adams, like literally nothing.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Throwdown":ts21nhv3 said:
I’d rather trade Russ

Except for injuries and really poor coverage you mean? Which makes up a very large portion of his job.

Mizak

Reaction score
Do we need Jamal to get sacks this year when the DL is vastly improved? I think he needs to help the CBs more this year since thats where the questionable link is when it comes to the defense.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Natethegreat":30l4phmd said:
Throwdown":30l4phmd said:
I’d rather trade Russ

Except for injuries and really poor coverage you mean? Which makes up a very large portion of his job.

I believe the injuries had a lot to do with the coverage issues, he was never that off looking as a jet.