Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Your best Seahawk moments

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Your best Seahawk moments
Tue May 18, 2021 10:46 pm
  • You’re right. Thanks for the catch.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Tue May 18, 2021 10:47 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Elemas wrote:Seahawks vs Lions…2019. Flawless game by the Hawks. It was the first game I took my son to. If you recall Dickson faking the punt and running it from the end zone for a first…it was that game. As you can imagine, the already salty Detroit fans were obnoxious.

As the game ended, Seahawks fans started to gather on the Hawks side and chanted “Seaaaaahaaaaawwks”. We got pretty close to the bench and joined the chorus.

Frank Clark, my sons favorite player at the time, turns around and looks directly at my boy and throws his hands in the air while shouting “Seeeaaahaaaawks”.

If expressions turned to gold, we’d be billionaires because my son was grinning ear to ear.

I’ll cherish that forever.

That was 2018. Clark was traded to the Chiefs before the 2019 draft.

You’re right. Thx for the catch.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Wed May 19, 2021 4:47 pm
  • Jerhawk wrote:Oh and how could I forget this one?

Steve Largent gets payback on Mike Harden. This is legendary

It still gives me chills and lives in my signature. Glorious ending for #80.
    PateratoWilson
    NET Veteran

Sat May 22, 2021 9:48 am
  • I have a few that are not on the glorious side. More of a what could've been thing.

How about 1986 when we beat both Denver and NY and won 5 straight to go from 5-6 to 10-6 but didn't make the payoffs?

Or maybe worse, losing Warren Moon to Houston in 1984? Uhggg....
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Sat May 22, 2021 1:44 pm
  • My first Seahawks game was in '76. Me and my dad sat up in the 300 level of the Kingdome -- which I would learn later had the worst seats in MLB at over 600 feet from home plate. The players were about 1/2" tall and I was a little kid, so to me the game looked like one of those vibrating table toy football games. I had no idea where the ball was, and after everyone fell down I'd ask my dad, "What happened?" After a quarter or so, he kind of just tuned me out.

Now I look back and realize going to the game was a pretty big deal, and I was ruining it for him.

I don't know if it was a 'best' moment, but it certainly gets better as I grow older. :lol:
    Own The West
    NET Veteran

Mon May 24, 2021 12:31 pm
  • Seahawks vs Panthers 2016. The very first (and probably last) game my Dad and I went to, just me and him. Made the 8 hour drive to Seattle on Saturday, and took in the game Sunday night where Seattle molly-whopped the Panthers 40-7, then drove the 8 hours back home the next day. Only downer to that game was Earl and Kam colliding and Earl breaking his leg.
    MissoulaHawkFan
    NET Starter

Thu May 27, 2021 4:42 pm
  • My Seahawk moments go back to the Dallas game in 1976 to the Romo fumble game to the Green Bay NFCCG a few years ago... plus many many more wonderful years of loving this team.

I have a unique Seahawk moment, however, that my daughter made happen. A few years ago, she told me that she entered me into Russell Wilson's, "good man challenge." She wrote an essay about some of the work I had done in the inner cities, with homeless youth, and with victims of trafficking. I thought it was so sweet, and we forgot about it. Four months later, she called me, all excited, that we were in the finals.

Long story short, we won, and they flew me and my two kids to Seattle to meet Russell and get some prizes. They made professional recordings and put them on their websites. Russell even did one of his selfie videos and posted it.

For a lifelong fan, this experience with my kids is a big one!

RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Fri May 28, 2021 11:01 am
  • That's a great story and post Rasta! Congratulations man!!

That is an incredible moment.

Good job on all your hard work and good deeds in the community. Thank you for all that you've done. What a well deserved gift. Very inspiring
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat May 29, 2021 9:08 am
  • Jerhawk wrote:That's a great story and post Rasta! Congratulations man!!

That is an incredible moment.

Good job on all your hard work and good deeds in the community. Thank you for all that you've done. What a well deserved gift. Very inspiring

Thanks Jerhawk. It was pretty humbling, to be honest. I read a bunch of the essays people wrote about family and friends, and kept saying, "oh man... he should have won." :)

Nevertheless, it was a great experience to meet Wilson with my kids. An interesting side note... he was kind of all business for part of it, like, had a lot going on and they were behind schedule. But when I mentioned his work at the Children's hospitals, you could see his heart, how he slowed down, and you could even sense the pain. It must be difficult to go there and see these young kids sick and dying.

Props to him and all the athletes who give to their communities. :229031_cheers:
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:37 pm
  • I have a few:

Being on the home team sideline when the Hawks won The NFC-Championship in 2005. Drinking in the reality the team would be going to the Super Bowl and deserved to do so was special. I even have some pieces of confetti left from that wonderful moment. I recall saying to my wife "enjoy this special moment, it is rare and may not happen again for quite a while". Yet that moment did happen again in 2013 and 2014 which were less moving but perhaps even more deserved as those years' teams were special and not as one sided.

The "Beast Mode" run that clinched the playoff game against the Saints. The whole stadium was rocking and got louder and louder, and louder as he continued breaking tackles until he went across the goal line backwards. I know I was jumping up and down and losing my mind, with no voice left once again. the stadium did shake noticeably. Best part is the finish happened before us on our side of the field. Had to drive North to get home after the game so no libations were consumed, but the thought of that run still amazes me.

'The Tip' not only happened in the end zone right in front of us it propelled an excited crowd moment as we all left the stadium and began walking north towards downtown and our hotel. Approximately 2500 people were all walking in the same direction and the excitement was palpable and loud the crowd just stayed together until we left it as we got to our hotel. It was a true happy fan experience that only got better when we got the email saying we had been selected for Super Bowl tickets. :2thumbs: Libations were definitely consumed.

Being a 'lifer' since the first season of the team each one of the Championship wins were special and the XLVIII WIN absolute cream. Very many libations were consumed.

We have had the great good fortune to be part of a special tailgating crew now the 'Beast Bus' but back then 'Hawk One' and went to the SB in Dallas/Ft. Worth for The Bing National Tailgating Championships as Seahawks Representatives after winning in Seattle in tough elimination. We raised the 12 flag at the National Championships and despite serving up a great fare to the Judges we got just aced out by the team from Houston with their yard locomotive incredible BBQ machine and crisp white table cloth in -12 degree weather conditions that challenged us all getting food to cook as desired outside. we got told we were second and should have served Starbucks coffee for the W. We had a ice shot waterfall instead. It was colder that day in Ft Worth than it was in Green Bay the coffee with a nudge might have been better. One of our ladies actually got mild frostbite of her feet. Many libations were consumed.

In all for me there have been a lot of special times with friends, new friends, and fellow .Net members, and a few players and ex-players, and player's family members that have happened because I am a Seahawks fan for life.

GO HAWKS!!!
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:25 pm
  • September 12, 1976 -- at long last, my partner and I being able to settle in to our (then-inexpensive) season-ticket seats to watch the Hawks' first NFL game -- Sam McCollum caught 2 TD's from Zorn in a well-fought loss.
    chet380
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:42 pm
  • ^disregard^
    I have a good one now. The parade. Driving for four hours to Olympia to meet Allen and then to the train In Tacoma. We get there around 7:30 in the AM and there are thousands of people already lined up for the sounder or whatever it’s called. It stops running at 9:00 or something and like I said the line was blocks long. Then we find out it’s the line for people with tickets. We don’t have them and as it turns out it’s not even clear how to get them. So as we’re searching for how to find the tickets we eventually buy some annual pass but now we won’t even get on before it stops running. By this time we were actually close to where the trains are and we walk around the building and there is the train. Just sitting there mostly empty because they couldn’t or wouldn’t put people on fast enough. We just walked in and sat down. The doors shut and we were off. That was a lit of happy people. Everyone was so nice and friendly no racial or economic or religious issues. Just a live of a team and your fellow fans. All thru the day, I didn’t see any a*hole. It was freezing cold but we were all warm inside!
    Last edited by evergreen on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:53 am
  • RastaHawk12! wrote:My Seahawk moments go back to the Dallas game in 1976 to the Romo fumble game to the Green Bay NFCCG a few years ago... plus many many more wonderful years of loving this team.

I have a unique Seahawk moment, however, that my daughter made happen. A few years ago, she told me that she entered me into Russell Wilson's, "good man challenge." She wrote an essay about some of the work I had done in the inner cities, with homeless youth, and with victims of trafficking. I thought it was so sweet, and we forgot about it. Four months later, she called me, all excited, that we were in the finals.

Long story short, we won, and they flew me and my two kids to Seattle to meet Russell and get some prizes. They made professional recordings and put them on their websites. Russell even did one of his selfie videos and posted it.

For a lifelong fan, this experience with my kids is a big one!

DING DING DING. Too good, good on you and your daughter, Rasta. Love it!

I've been through the entire Seahawk gambit and have accumulated a bunch of great Seahawk moments. The thing about "the best" anything is that there is only one that is "the best". My approach, whether playing or taking photographs or any other pursuit, evolved into trying to make the next one the best one. I hope that is exactly the approach our staff and roster takes too.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:29 pm
  • So many great moments here and I remember them all and disagree with non of them. But for me, being a hawks fan before the holmgren years was always about fighting for respect and having to answer that most annoying of question from fans of other teams... 'why in the world are you a seahawks fan??'. So my most crystal moments are those in which we put the world on notice that there was something special happening in the PNW that the NFL needed to take heed of. And before our first NFC championship, before our first superbowl win... before beastquake , all of the remarkable comebacks and our recent track record of record setting success, there was that postseason game in Miami in 1983 where a ragtag, scrappy hawks team led by the steel Jawed, chewing gum destroying coach, Chuck Knox was the league's Cinderella story, and did the impossible - went blow for blow with Don Shula's team, led by the darling of the NFL at the time, Dan Marino... and came away the victor. They weren't supposed to have a chance, the game, a table setter for a dolphins team that the media had assumed was destined to represent the AFC in the superbowl. Until they met a Hawks team that hadn't been made aware of any such talk.

The moment - the go-ahead drive led by an otherwise no-name, undrafted qb named Krieg ( they all knew his name after that game), and the hawks go-to threats on the ground in C Warner and through the air in the legendary #80, Steve Largent.

Miami knew what was coming and they were helpless to stop it. First, a pass across the middle to a sliding Largent that put the hawks in Miami territory. Then a dime of a pass and catch again to Largent along the far sideline that took them within the 5 yard line. And finally, the sprint by Warner over the right side and across the goal line.

It was after that second catch by Largent that I remember thinking to myself for the first time ever, that thought that would become common place in more recent years when the chips have been down under the R Wilson led Hawks and defeat seemed probable... that moment when you say to yourself... oh my God, we are going to win THIS game. Here, in this penultimate moment, our Hawks are going to win this game and then EVERYONE, will understand just how good we are and more importantly, why I'm a damn Seahawks fan.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:20 am
  • Wow, that above post is amazing. I absolutely remember watching that game as a kid in Saskatchewan Canada and how exciting that was.

Then the fumble recovery on the kickoff to seal it.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:46 pm
  • HawkRiderFan wrote:Wow, that above post is amazing. I absolutely remember watching that game as a kid in Saskatchewan Canada and how exciting that was.

Then the fumble recovery on the kickoff to seal it.

YES! the fumble recovery on the ensuing drive was a 'pinch me, I must be dreaming, moment'. I legit thought that somehow, even as the clock ticked to zero, that an official would walk out and quote some obscure rule that would hand miami another chance at a win. But the clock just hit double zeros and the team carried coach Knox off the field.

Classic.

It was surreal. Absolutely surreal.
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm
  • Appyhawk wrote:DING DING DING. Too good, good on you and your daughter, Rasta. Love it!

I've been through the entire Seahawk gambit and have accumulated a bunch of great Seahawk moments. The thing about "the best" anything is that there is only one that is "the best". My approach, whether playing or taking photographs or any other pursuit, evolved into trying to make the next one the best one. I hope that is exactly the approach our staff and roster takes too.

Thanks Appyhawk!! :D
    RastaHawk12!
    NET Starter

Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:27 am
  • Washington49er wrote:Super bowl interception at the goal line.

Hawks vs niners 2013.

Niners vs ravens sb

Niners vs kc sb.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:10 am
  • Long time lurker here, always find this site to provide entertaining reading. I've watched Seahawks games all over the country and the world sacrificing sleep at times to see them play due to time zone differences (spent 30 years wearing the army uniform). I've seen games in all their stadiums, made it to Holmgren's last game ( 8 rows up on the 30 yard line), saw Russ's first ass whooping of the Cards from the Hawks nest (that's a rowdy bunch lol), working at the Gig Harbor home Depot on Super Bowl XLVIII Sunday relaying play by play over the intercom as my wife gave it to me over the phone. Seahawks have given me some great memories over the years. The drives back to Eastern WA or Northern ID not so much (the 5 hours to the top of Snoqualmie not a fan lol)

So for me we have to go way back to Nov 81, yeah that dates me I'm an old fart, it was the 2nd or 3rd game I had ever attended. This was way before Pittsburgh earned that special place of hatred in my heart. I was 17 at the time still in high school. My dad had season tickets up in the nose bleed sections mid field somewhere in the 300's. Literally like 2 rows from the ceiling. I believe this was the game that had two highlights for me, the first was the beer vendor who usually led the wave, in the third quarter he stumbled on the stairs and dumped a considerable amount of new beers onto a couple near the aisle, being beer drenched and with the team not looking stellar they left, boy did they miss out on the second highlight below.

Nov 8th 1981 Pittsburgh @ Seattle in the Kingdome

We had sucked for the first half but in the second half specifically the 4th quarter they came alive scoring 14 points and coming back from being down by 11. The final drive of the game was Pittsburgh pushing hard they went down into field goal range and their kicker Dave Traut (SP?) trotted onto the field, I remember the announcers talking about how this should be an easy shot for him being well within his range. The talk was all about the impending overtime when he made the field goal. The ball was snapped cleanly and the kick was away, it was shortly followed by a resounding doink as the ball hit the right upright and bounced out! Seattle wins!!!!!! 24-21 on a last second missed field goal. I couldn't talk for 3 days after that I was so hoarse from screaming.
    Deadgamer82
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:01 pm
  • I’m pretty proud to say that I witnessed both the Hamlin hit and the Kam hit on VD in person. I didn’t see the Darryl Willaims hit and I could have gone to the game! I was doing something dumb like band practice.
    schkoot
    NET Rookie

Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:37 pm
  • 12-1-2011 Thursday Night Football vs Eagles

Vince Young threw one of the all time worst passes of his career straight to David Hawthorne. The Heater ran it back for a score to seal the victory. As he crossed the goal line he flipped the ball over his shoulder, Chris Clemons caught it and tossed it into the stands. My friend at the game was able to keep it from going over our heads, me and a couple other fans scrambled for the ball, but I had gotten a hold of it first and had a death grip on that thing, and after a short tug of war it became my most prized piece of Seahawks memorabilia. On display at my home in it's glass case to this day. Same fan still sits in front of me today, the ball actually landed in his wife's seat who was not at the game. Of all the memories and big moments we have shared at the stadium over the years, that is the one thing that we talk about every season.
    SEAHAWKBLITZ
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:25 pm
  • SEAHAWKBLITZ wrote:12-1-2011 Thursday Night Football vs Eagles

Vince Young threw one of the all time worst passes of his career straight to David Hawthorne. The Heater ran it back for a score to seal the victory. As he crossed the goal line he flipped the ball over his shoulder, Chris Clemons caught it and tossed it into the stands. My friend at the game was able to keep it from going over our heads, me and a couple other fans scrambled for the ball, but I had gotten a hold of it first and had a death grip on that thing, and after a short tug of war it became my most prized piece of Seahawks memorabilia. On display at my home in it's glass case to this day. Same fan still sits in front of me today, the ball actually landed in his wife's seat who was not at the game. Of all the memories and big moments we have shared at the stadium over the years, that is the one thing that we talk about every season.

That.

Is.

Awesome!!
    keasley45
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:18 pm
  • I was lucky enough to win tickets from KISW to attend SB48!
    Even in the nosebleeds seats, it is the best game I ever attended.

Time to get back to the Owl!
    :D
    Hawaii Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:39 pm
  • Hawaii Hawk wrote:I was lucky enough to win tickets from KISW to attend SB48!
    Even in the nosebleeds seats, it is the best game I ever attended.

Time to get back to the Owl!
    :D

If one could get to only one Hawks game in a lifetime, that would be the one to have attended! Good on ya!

Oh, and :greetingsearthling: Welcome aboard! What a fun first post.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:48 pm
  • I've been to 3 Seahawks vs 49ers games. All 3 49ers wins (which does not happen often against you guys!)

First trip to Seattle was in 2002 to watch the Terrell Owens sharpie game. The stadium was pretty new back then I believe and if I remember right it was a close game. Owens was a heck of a receiver but the sharpie stunt was a bit of an ass move.

My second Seahawks game was at Levis stadium in December 2018. I took my good friend who is a Seahawks fan, it was his first NFL game ever. 49ers were very much out of the playoffs but pulled out a win. Richie James had a kick return for a TD which was pretty exciting for 49ers fans. The stadium was about 1/2 full of Seahawk fans.

My third Seahawk game was the most meaningful one in December of 2019 in Seattle . I took the same friend to his first game in Seattle. It was the battle for the NFC west and of course Dre Greenlaw had the goaline tackle to save the game. That was pretty surprising and a great finish as a 49ers fan, but if you would have asked me before it happened, I would have said there was no way they would not score a TD in that situation. I was more than a little nervous in the moment and thought it was over.

I have tickets to the game in Seattle this December as well and hope it will mean as much as the game in 2019.
    94Smith
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:09 pm
  • I live in Pittsburgh, so seeing the boys come here and smoke the Stealers is always fun. 2019 was cool, because it was DK's first touchdown and a nice win, but it was also the first one my daughter attended with me.

But that can't compare to 1998. For those who need a refresher: Stealers win the toss and elect to receive. The first pass attempt is a pick six by Merton Hanks. The Stealers then go 3 and out and punt, only to have Charlie Rodgers return it for a TD. That's right, we're up 14-0 and haven't run an offensive play...

Another PGH 3 and out and the first Seahawks pass play is a 51 yard completion. The rest of the scoring was field goals except a PGH TD in garbage time. Final: 29-10.

Most of my section cleared out at halftime!

Also went to the JAX home game in 2013, and scored field passes from the SeaHawkers. I had already met Kiltman and Cannonball at the 2003 game in Cincy, but met so many other Superfans that weekend, including Secret Squirrel from the board. The game wasc a blowout for us and a rainy day, but got to do and see so much that weekend, with a special trip to the Puyallup worked in.

Lastly, the Sunday night win at NE in 2016. Brady throws incomplete on 4th down to seal it. That might have been CJ's best game as a 'hawk. Lots of inconsolable Pats fans on the train back to Providence that might!

I know you didn't ask, but my personal low lights involve attending 3 games where neither team scored a touchdown...
    osprey6
    NET Rookie

Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:10 pm
  • I was fortunate enough to be in 100-level seats for both the Beastquake and Fail Mary games. Beastquake is #1 due to it being a playoff game, us being 7-9, and it being the greatest run in playoff history.

For any non-Seahawks fan lurkers here who disagree, post a more skilled playoff run by a runningback. I'm not talking about crap like some good blocks springing Adrian Peterson for 90 yards where he just takes off and nobody can catch him, I'm talking about an amazing display of skill BY the runningback. Marshawn Lynch performed like three miraculous feats in a single play on that run just by himself.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:33 pm
  • Marcus Allen's Superbowl run was pretty good, but more of a speed / vison / ellusive run rather than a power run
    94Smith
    NET Starter

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:38 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:Marcus Allen's Superbowl run was pretty good, but more of a speed / vison / ellusive run rather than a power run

Guess what? NFL Throwback thinks the Beastquake was better.

https://youtu.be/WMRt9N-W0eo?t=1670
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:06 pm
  • Ok, best seahawks moment. Hmm, been a lot of great ones over the years.

But if I have to pick one, I will go with the time Golden Tate and I made sweet love to Russel's wife.

Or that time my friends, Ralph Malph, Potsie and I lost all our money to some college guys and my dad tom Bosley had to come help us out.
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:47 pm
  • Shaun Alexander going into absolute God mode in the second quarter in primetime against the Vikings. I don't think I've ever laughed so much during one of our games.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:08 pm
  • Rat wrote:Shaun Alexander going into absolute God mode in the second quarter in primetime against the Vikings. I don't think I've ever laughed so much during one of our games.

Not even during Super Bowl 48 when we curb-stomped the Broncos American History X style? When Percy came out and returned the second-half kick to the house, I was dying laughing.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:39 pm
  • This list keeps growing as I look back and look forward to a new season!

1. Beastquake - simply unforgettable. The noise coming from the Tv was nuts. It must've been insane live!

2. Tony Romo (2006 WC game)- I damn near had a stroke on this play but what a memory.

3. Kam (2012) - Rocked Vernon Davis' world!

4. NFC Championship (2013) - Crabtree was never the same! My word! Those SF games were fun!

5. 2005 game vs NY Giants. I HATE the Giants. 12th man represented!!!

6. Damaryious Thomas- - You knew then the SB was ours.

7. Houston Texans 2013 - Great game. Watson vs. Wilson, but Richard Sherman steals the show.
    eo620
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:55 am
  • Grahamhawker wrote:That first Wildcard playoff win vs the Broncos in 1983 has to get a mention. It was the 1st game I attended and it was a complete riot.

The sequel to this game was my first time watching football and when I became a fan. Krieg to Largent (deep) followed by Curt Warner sweep right in the last minute (or so) to absolutely shock the football world. The Cinderella Seahawks. I was just a little kid and thought that Cinderella was part of their name.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:20 am
  • eo620 wrote:This list keeps growing as I look back and look forward to a new season!

1. Beastquake - simply unforgettable. The noise coming from the Tv was nuts. It must've been insane live!

2. Tony Romo (2006 WC game)- I damn near had a stroke on this play but what a memory.

4. NFC Championship (2013) - Crabtree was never the same! My word! Those SF games were fun!

7. Houston Texans 2013 - Great game. Watson vs. Wilson, but Richard Sherman steals the show.

That Houston game was in 2017 but it was a fantastic game.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    eo620 wrote:This list keeps growing as I look back and look forward to a new season!

(c)7. That Houston game was in 2013 but it was Shaub VS Wilson.
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:48 pm
  • 907Hawk wrote:
    Hockey Guy wrote:
    eo620 wrote:This list keeps growing as I look back and look forward to a new season!

(c)7. That Houston game was in 2013 but it was Shaub VS Wilson.

You may be right but I was going for the game where everything & everyone he stated happened.

I knew Watson wasn't in the league in 2013 so I went with the 2017 game where it was a great game, game of the year TBH, Watson & Wilson were both phenomenal, & Sherman stole the show with 2 INT's in the 2nd half including 1 that ended the game.

I thought it more logical that he'd misremember the year than mistake Matt Schaub for Deshaun Watson but you're probably right since every one of his other points happened at home other than the SB game.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:55 am
  • Russ's 2-point Hail Mary to Luke against the Packers in the 2015 playoffs. We didn't know it at the moment, but it would prove to be the difference-maker in getting back to the SB.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:10 am
  • So many great moments being a fan of this team. We've been really blessed the last 20 or so years to have seen so much great football. Yes there have been lows, but I would say overall most fans of professional sports franchises wish their team could see anything like this type of success. We are very spoiled and can might not realize how good we have it. With that said... Best moments?

#1. The best Seahawk moment for me will always be "The Tip". To beat our bitter rivals, the defending NFC champs, in that fashion? With Richard Sherman making that kind of play? Yeah. It doesn't get any better. The joy of knowing we were going to the SB. The roar of the home crowd. What a moment. What a night.

#2. The comeback in the NFC Championship Game vs GB. What an incredible game. Maybe the most unbelievable sporting event I've ever seen, and I've watched A LOT of sports. From the fake FG to the onside kick. Lynch's run late to take the lead. Then there was the unforgettable two point attempt to go up by 3. We would have lost if not for that unbelievable play. Then the OT. The 3rd and long to Baldwin which is the most under appreciated play of the game for me. If we don't convert that, we're punting and all they need is a FG. And then the TD to Kearse. Russel Wilson targeted Kearse 5 times in the game. The first four times were all interceptions. For him to hit Kearse to win it? Unbelievable. The place went as nuts as I've ever seen a professional sports stadium.

3. Winning the SB. Now, collectively this is our greatest achievement. It has to be. It just didn't have the one single dramatic moment at the end of the game like the NFC title games. And they were at our own house. But this game was incredibly. The first play safety. Malcom Smith's pick six. Percy Harvin's TD return. So many amazing moments, and we hoisted the trophy. We became world champions.

4. Beast Quake. The greatest run in NFL history. Change my mind. We were a 7-9 playoff team and everyone was hating on us. And we go out and beat the defending Super Bowl champs. What amazing moment.

5. The only regular season one I'm going to put out there, but the 2019 game against the 49ers in SF. The incredible battle, how we came back in the second half after looking bad early. It went to OT and there were so many ups and downs. Russ throws a pick in the red zone in OT. and then they miss a FG and we hit one on the last play of OT. Great game!!
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:32 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Some great stuff here guys. I need moments though, a short sharp point in time where everything in the world is good because of what you have seen or experienced.

I plan to follow this up with best games and best players but as of right now its all about the brevity.

OK, I was going to tell of the two games I was at in the Kingdome in 1996 (v San Diego and Houston - the triumphant end of the latter mentioned by SoulfishHawk above), but I'll save that for "best games" later.

In 2014, we were in London. While in Harrods department store, my wife had gone to the bathroom, while I waited outside. Suddenly I heard a woman yell out "Seeeehawks!!!" when she walked past (we were both wearing Superbowl LXVIII t-shirts). I of course yelled the same and we both high-fived. Just a brilliant and totally unexpected moment! The other shoppers just stared at us...
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:46 pm
  • In no particular order...

Largent's hit on Mike Harden. I was there in person and immediately grasped the payback aspect.

Kam's hit on Demaryius Thomas in SB 48.

The Immaculate Deflection.

Efren Herrera's fake FG reception from holder Jim Zorn vs. Atlanta in our first MNF game.

Beast Quake, Beast Quake II, Beast Quake III.

Paul Allen buying the team and the stadium vote passing.

Paul Skansi's walk off TD at KC.

Largent's reception breaking Harold Carmichael's consecutive games with one catch record. I was there.

The last few seconds of SB 48.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:03 pm
  • Every time we beat the Raiders and every time we wiped that stupid grin off Elways face . Priceless . :irishdrinkers:
    xray
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:28 pm
  • The future day that they fire PC and JS.
    JayhawkMike
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:46 pm
  • As a 49ers fan, I'd have to say the interception at the 1 in the super bowl. It single handedly killed any chance at a dynasty you should've had. Never seen anything like it.
    Stud
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:49 pm
  • 2005 NFCCG - that was the peak.

2010 Home opener - after the game Pete Carroll was stunned, he couldn't believe how loud it was. He knew it was going to be loud, but he truly didn't know. He was like "we need to use this!"

2010 Beast Quake

2012 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF.

2013 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF. The last truly loud game in the stadium.

The stadium hasn't been earsplitting loud for a longtime, I miss it.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:00 pm
  • we have so many during the LOB years. The one that got me the most emotional was the onside kick against the Packers. Like....that NEVER happens almost in the NFL and for it to happen late in the NFC championship game. the game to GO TO THE SUPERBOWL is simply magical. What ensued after that is one for the books.

That being said...my favorite Seahawks moment?? Though this alternative version of what I personally experienced live...this video is my favorite moment b/c of not only Steve Riable but MAINLY b/c of Warren Moon.

https://youtu.be/iqCfIv-XXMU

its their call for the game winning TD in the NFFC game against the Packers. If you haven't heard it or don't FULLY remember the entire call...watch the video and listen and wait for Warren Moon's reaction on air..

I've played this video EASILY over a hundred times. its only 37 seconds.

Probably my 2nd favorite moment though is during the previous years NFCC game against the 9ers. When Pete calls a time out b/c he could tell that Haushka wasn't confident in kicking the long field goal. They decided to instead go for it on 4th down. Wilson gets the d-line to jump early and we then throw the ball into the endzone for a HUGE td in that game. I mean...when have you even seen that? In the NFCC game. 2nd year QB. an offense that started not one but TWO undrafted rookies at WR. I honestly believe that moment doesn't get enough clout as one of the best calls in NFL history.

here is the link to that play

https://youtu.be/PhLTFJsS6y4
    kthebestwayw
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:For the Seahawks.net podcast I want to take peoples favourite Seahawk moments and we will play them off against each other tournament style until we are left with the ultimate seahawk moment.

There will likely be the obvious ones , beastquake, largent / hardin etc but I'm hoping for some off the wall ones as well, think Mike Bennett on a bicycle.

The moments dont have to be profound. What moments stick in your mind for whatever reason. Come share with us. Im hoping it will add some interaction to the podcast. How far will your suggestion go?

When I was in the stands and RW got subbed out of SB 48. It meant the game was over and the Seahawks were going to win their first (and only) SB and I was there to see it with my own eyes. It later got overshadowed by the nightmare of getting out of that stadium, but that was probably my favorite Seahawk moment.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:47 am
  • Loving reading everyone's top moments!

One of mine in terms of cool personal favorites: I'm an east coast Hawks fan who finally made the trip out in 2011 to see a game in Seattle. I had seen the Hawks play in person multiple times along the east coast, but had never taken the plunge and gone to Century Link. First off...the atmosphere is incredible. This was during Pete Carroll's second season and T-Jack (R.I.P.) was the QB. The Seahawks battled and took down a heavily favored Baltimore Ravens team, in the game that featured Marshawn Lynch famously juking Ray Lewis and Jarrett Johnson out of their cleats, helping lead to them eventually putting the game away. I will never forget the collective "OHHHH!" from the crowd when Beast Mode pulled that off. It was also nice to see them win in person...as they had lost every game I had ever seen in person prior to that :shock:

Here's the highlight mentioned above, since you can never see it too many times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxd9avM_QSA
    rva82
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:43 pm
  • Packers-Hawks NFC Title Game 2015 OT that they won.
    Passepartout
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:32 pm
  • Fade wrote:2013 Ass whooping of the Niners on SNF. The last truly loud game in the stadium.

The stadium hasn't been earsplitting loud for a longtime, I miss it.

Yeah, it's depressing. A lot more fans cheer once the visiting offense gets to the line of scrimmage, rather than during the huddle to disrupt communication, too. Way too many white collar fans hopping on the bandwagon the past decade who don't truly know football / aren't real die-hard fans. The "it's a neat way to spend a few Sunday afternoons" types. Sigh.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:52 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information