Your best Seahawk moments

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
For the Seahawks.net podcast I want to take peoples favourite Seahawk moments and we will play them off against each other tournament style until we are left with the ultimate seahawk moment.

There will likely be the obvious ones , beastquake, largent / hardin etc but I'm hoping for some off the wall ones as well, think Mike Bennett on a bicycle.

The moments dont have to be profound. What moments stick in your mind for whatever reason. Come share with us. Im hoping it will add some interaction to the podcast. How far will your suggestion go?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Two that stick out, that are not the obvious ones, are Super Bowl 49 and the Hawks trip out to London.
Amazing experiences. Sure the ending of 49 was painful, but that was bucket list stuff for me. Experiencing a Super Bowl in person was something I'll never forget, zero regrets and I feel very fortunate.
As far as London goes, we have never been out of the country (other than Canada and Mexico), so London was the trip of a lifetime. Spending a week plus out there, seeing so many other Hawks fans literally from all over the world, priceless. And some of the UK Seahawker events made things much more fun. And the people in London were among the most friendly we have ever come across :irishdrinkers:
Our trip to the Miami game in 2010, along with the trip out to New Orleans were both incredible. The amount of Hawks fans who made those two trips was impressive to say the least. And a lot of cool get togethers w/fans leading up to the games.
Another great road trip was out to St. Louis, there was a huge crew of Midwest Seahawkers that weekend. It was the game that the Rams fumbled on 4th and goal to basically end the game. Great moment, and the tailgating was incredible.
Or a trip out to San Fran at Candlestick. Hawks smoked them, yet again. And by the 3rd quarter, the stadium was maybe 40 percent full. And MOST of the Hawks fans made their way to the end zone area, and had the Let's go Seahawks chants going for most of the 4th quarter.
Hawks at Denver when it was 8 degrees, Josh Brown makes a 50 yard FG to win it. Then a bunch of us hung out with the Trufant family. Great day, even with the crazy cold.

Nothing too crazy, but still some great memories.

Own The West

Reaction score
The Tip at the NFC Championship. Everyone knew the winner of that game would destroy the AFC champion, so it had a Superbowl vibe against our arch nemesis. My voice had gone out in the 3rd quarter, but I was still doing what I could to make some noise. When the ball came out the stadium held its breath, watched it arc down to the corner of the end zone, then exploded while the ball hung in the air as Crabtree fell away. My full throated roar came out somewhere between a dog whistle and a squeaky door hinge...

Fast forward a couple weeks and when Kam Chancellor decleated Damaryus Thomas in the first quarter, I knew the game was over.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Own The West":1qcc1ldy said:
When the ball came out the stadium held its breath, watched it arc down to the corner of the end zone, then exploded while the ball hung in the air as Crabtree fell away. My full throated roar came out somewhere between a dog whistle and a squeaky door hinge...

Great stuff, exactly the kind of thing i was after, vital moment described so poetically

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3c1sknuk said:
Two that stick out, that are not the obvious ones, are Super Bowl 49 and the Hawks trip out to London.
Amazing experiences. Sure the ending of 49 was painful, but that was bucket list stuff for me. Experiencing a Super Bowl in person was something I'll never forget, zero regrets and I feel very fortunate.
As far as London goes, we have never been out of the country (other than Canada and Mexico), so London was the trip of a lifetime. Spending a week plus out there, seeing so many other Hawks fans literally from all over the world, priceless. And some of the UK Seahawker events made things much more fun. And the people in London were among the most friendly we have ever come across :irishdrinkers:
Our trip to the Miami game in 2010, along with the trip out to New Orleans were both incredible. The amount of Hawks fans who made those two trips was impressive to say the least. And a lot of cool get togethers w/fans leading up to the games.
Another great road trip was out to St. Louis, there was a huge crew of Midwest Seahawkers that weekend. It was the game that the Rams fumbled on 4th and goal to basically end the game. Great moment, and the tailgating was incredible.
Or a trip out to San Fran at Candlestick. Hawks smoked them, yet again. And by the 3rd quarter, the stadium was maybe 40 percent full. And MOST of the Hawks fans made their way to the end zone area, and had the Let's go Seahawks chants going for most of the 4th quarter.
Hawks at Denver when it was 8 degrees, Josh Brown makes a 50 yard FG to win it. Then a bunch of us hung out with the Trufant family. Great day, even with the crazy cold.

Nothing too crazy, but still some great memories.

Love this, could you describe a specific moment, I was thinking of the Seahawks running out at Wembley and completely owing the Raiders from a noise POV?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I don't remember the year but it was a game in the old AFC West on the road in Kansas City. Derrick Thomas sacked Dave Krieg 7 times but on the final play of the game, Krieg eluded Thomas for a potential 8th sack and hit Paul Skansi for the game winning TD! One of many Seahawks memories that stand out but perhaps somewhat forgotten or not known about from the younger fans.

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1nrvkrje said:
I don't remember the year but it was a game in the old AFC West on the road in Kansas City. Derrick Thomas sacked Dave Krieg 7 times but on the final play of the game, Krieg eluded Thomas for a potential 8th sack and hit Paul Skansi for the game winning TD! One of many Seahawks memories that stand out but perhaps somewhat forgotten or not known about from the younger fans.

Nice!

[youtube]aXN2SbHvp3w[/youtube]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
GW touchdown in OT vs. the Packers. Watching that 16 point comeback unfold right in front of us. Then the game winner in my end zone, running right at us. Seeing Kearse come up with that, and screaming WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL. That was just an insane comeback, and to go to the Super Bowl......then to get home and receive the email saying I was selected to go. What a day

Another one: The Hawks are playing at Arizona, and the game is at ASU stadium. I'm coming back from grabbing some food at halftime and I start walking down the stairs. The Zona "fans" start screaming at me "Alexander Sucks!" and as they are yelling it (I was in my Alexander jersey) he runs one back like 88 yards. Then does the baseball home run pose. I just turned around and threw my arms up in the air and looked around.

Getting back to the limo a bunch of us rented (Mr. Mrs. Seahawk, Paintedhawk, Kiltman, Cannonball etc.) after the Beast Quake game. We are all laughing and saying "We won???"
I believe we were 12 point underdogs in that game. Just the pure shock that at 7-9 we knocked off the Super Bowl Champs made that post game ride home a classic.

Back in I believe 1996: Houston Oilers are playing at the kingdome, game is basically over. They are gonna' kick a fairly easy FG to win the game. We are leaning back in our seats, basically pouting because they are about to lose. Back then we sat in the end zone just to the left of the goal post, about 10 rows up. So, this was literally right in front of us.
Michael Mccrary blocks it, grabs it on a bounce and flips it back to Blackmon, who runs it in for a touchdown.
That was crazy, and during a time when there wasn't a ton of winning going on. Shoot, the entire sidelines ran on to the field basically. John Friesz was the QB back then.......

London, the night before the game vs. Oakland. The UK Seahawkers and other Seahawkers take over this bar. It was packed to the rim, standing room only. Steve Raible was there talking to the crowd for a while. Just a great night. And I had no idea the Hawks were so big in Germany. When he asked if there were any German Seahawkers in there, the place got really loud.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Watching the 2005 game vs. the Giants. With every additional false start, the stadium only got louder, and Jay Feely's missed FGs only gave more evidence that the 12th Man was very much part of the final score. That game put Seahawk Fans on the map, not just the solid play of the team that year.

I'd love to hear from fans who were at that game what it was actually like; maybe they can chime in here. I think we were just as loud in my friends' home in Wasilla, Alaska, as many fans were in the stands!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice one ^
That was a blast. All you could do is laugh after every Jay Feely missed FG.
Plus, Shockey doing his little celebration dance to the camera........only to figure out that Feely missed AGAIN :mrgreen:
It was electric in the stadium. VERY loud, like playoff loud. And it just kept building after every false start. 11 on the day, that is just crazy. 11 false starts. Yes, Fans CAN contribute to a win, period.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qrkceqd said:
Nice one ^
That was a blast. All you could do is laugh after every Jay Feely missed FG.
Plus, Shockey doing his little celebration dance to the camera........only to figure out that Feely missed AGAIN :mrgreen:
It was electric in the stadium. VERY loud, like playoff loud. And it just kept building after every false start. 11 on the day, that is just crazy. 11 false starts. Yes, Fans CAN contribute to a win, period.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Thanks, Soul, for making it real.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
First game I ever attended Nov 3rd, 2013 was the biggest comeback, 21 points, in Seahawks history against Tampa & propelled them to a SB title a couple months later. I believe this was the "we can do it" moment for this team.

The play that sticks out for me was the Golden Tate punt return when he played it inside his own 5 in the corner, which is something a punt returner should never do, & returned it to the Tampa side of the field flipping the field position & was probably the reason they eventually won that game & maybe even the SB. Nothing was going right for us & that play turned everything around IMO.

Another memorable aspect of that game experience was sitting at the 50 10 rows up behind the Tampa bench & we were sitting beside a couple from Tampa who had re-located to the PNW a few years earlier so they were obviously there to cheer for Tampa. We hit it off with this couple & were very cordial & every time Tampa did something good she offered a fist bump or high-5 which I reluctantly & jokingly reciprocated. The funny part of this was when we tied it up to send it to OT I jokingly offered her a high-5, the 1st time I'd done that all game, which she refused. I guess she knew it was over. Even her husband got a good chuckle out of it.

Good times.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though it was in a loss, and in a crap town called Cleveland.............
Nate Burleson takes a punt 90 plus for a TD. We are all yelling NOOOOOOOO, then it was GOOOO GOOOOOOO GOOOOOO, and he took it to the house. Hilarious.
The fans in Cleveland......not so much.

Ok, one more. At the game in Indy. Peyton Manning is absolutely shredding the Hawks all day (In fact, they pulled him early to not rub it in) Meanwhile, Seneca was the QB. Seneca does his standard run out of bounds instead of throwing it away. I yell &^%% throw the ball away.
The lady in front of us (I was sitting with Shadow from this page) says "Can you please not cuss?"
I look down and I say in a calm voice "Well, you guys have Peyton Manning, and we have Seneca flippen Wallace"
Her husband turns to her and says "he makes a good point" :mrgreen:
True story. And those fans were next level friendly. The Hawks were just the next victim on their list in a long string of 10 plus win seasons.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I have been fortunate enough to be in the house for almost all the biggest moments....and a whole lot of their lowest. But one night that will always be in my mind was the night that Kam Chancellor took the soul of Vernon Davis. Even though it was flagged I still say it was one of the cleanest most devastating hits I have seen. And it had a long lasting effect,

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was unreal. And a clean hit. The Refs just couldn't fathom a guy having his soul taken out.
And that collective Ooooooooh from the crowd. He knocked Davis around quite a few time. And Davis was a heck of a player.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1bs3xmy0 said:
I have been fortunate enough to be in the house for almost all the biggest moments....and a whole lot of their lowest. But one night that will always be in my mind was the night that Kam Chancellor took the soul of Vernon Davis. Even though it was flagged I still say it was one of the cleanest most devastating hits I have seen. And it had a long lasting effect,

Yeah, I don't get what Kam was supposed to do. It wasn't a even a defenseless receiver or a headshot.

Didn't we end up with a goal line stand(maybe it was a turnover) then took the ball the length of the field for a TD of our own?

OP
OP
UK_Seahawk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bcd2elk said:
Even though it was in a loss, and in a crap town called Cleveland.............
Nate Burleson takes a punt 90 plus for a TD. We are all yelling NOOOOOOOO, then it was GOOOO GOOOOOOO GOOOOOO, and he took it to the house. Hilarious.
The fans in Cleveland......not so much.

94 yards that bad boy. Apparently Burleson is the only player to have 3 punt returns of over 90 yards.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
We tend to want to forget the 2005 Seahawks because of Superbowl XL, but that team deserves more respect.

Making the first Superbowl in franchise history after beating Carolina was a top moment. Shaun and Matt holding the NFC Championship trophy at midfield was a first in team history. At that time, forgetting what happens 2 weeks later, was an awesome moment.

[youtube]Er-StTmHrGA[/youtube]

Also from that season, Hasselbeck sliding into the endzone to take down the (at the time) Redskins is a great memory. This was from the 2005 divisional round, and was our first playoff victory since 1984. That's 21 years without a playoff win before Matt put the team on his shoulders. Shaun Alexander was injured early in this game with a concussion. It's at the 2:40 mark.

[youtube]0V-4N3RWfUI[/youtube]

Other honorable mentions:

Romo dropping the field goal snap 2006 wildcard

[youtube]uPuhwAIzrYk[/youtube]

Blair Walsh missed field goal 2015 wildcard

[youtube]Mb_eXyhlHaA[/youtube]

Shaun Alexander 5 TDs in first half vs Vikings from September 29, 2002

[youtube]51s7Aqf_llY[/youtube]

Kam Chancellor takes Vernon Davis' soul December 23, 2012

[youtube]78qF72JwJwA[/youtube]

stang233

Reaction score