What team is our biggest threat in NFC West? (Poll)

Who is Seahawks biggest threat to win NFC West?

• Cardinals

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Rams

Votes: 51 67.1%
  • 49ers

Votes: 17 22.4%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
2020 NFC West Champions has a nice ring to it.

In 2021, the Seahawks will look to defend their division title.
Which team do you think is our biggest threat to steal our crown and win the NFC West this season?

Cardinals - Kyler Murray is entering his 3rd year. They added rookie Rondale Moore and former Bengal AJ Green as receiving weapons to go along with star DeAndre Hopkins. We had two very exciting games vs these guys last season, splitting the series a game apiece.

Rams - Traded for Matthew Stafford in the off-season. Aaron Donald is still there. They took us out in the wildcard round, giving them a 2-1 advantage last season. Cooper Kupp is looking to continue his great young career. Cam Akers looks to become a top back in the league.

49ers - Drafted Trey Lance at QB. Their defense was decimated by injuries last year, but they're all (mostly) coming back only a season removed from making the Superbowl. Raheem Mostert and Brandon Aiyuk look to take the next step and help George Kittle on offense.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
9ers. Even with Jimmy G if healthy they are potent as hell. Rams could be something with Stafford but that might take some time for chemistry. Cardinals are that team that the media loves to hype every year and every year they fall short of expectations. I don't see that magically changing any time soon.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Could be right Aros, but I don't think the Cards moves at improvement are magic. I think they're concentrating on substance. I see them moving up. But the 3 teams they have to deal with, including us, are all using the same strategy. Nothing will come easy in the NFL West, and winning the division is not necessarily an indicator of how things will go come playoff time. This year will be a brutal fight.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The 9rs have a well-rounded team, but I fear the Rams more. Maybe it's recency bias, and their playoff win that made the Hawks look less than able.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I voted for Arizona.

I think that Kyler is ready to put the league on notice, and I don't think our secondary has what it takes to slow their receivers down.

All four teams in the division are very good on paper. The Rams are a thorn in our side. The 49ers, when healthy, can beat anyone.

But I think Arizona, led by Kyler Murray, is ready to make the leap.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's the Rams.

We know exactly who the 49ers are, assuming they follow through with sitting Lance down behind Jimmy for a year.

The Cardinals are annoying and will probably beat the 'Hawks in at least one game, but they're not there yet.

The Rams? The Rams are always tough, and they just got rid of their Goofy ball and chain. We'll see how well McVay does with a beyond-belief level of coaching turnover.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I fear the Rams (b/c of Donald and their CB) D, but like Aros think the Niners are the the most complete team with Jimmy G back. However after Jimmy G gets hurt, as he usually does, they will be good but inconsistent and lose to the Hawks. Stafford is going to find the pass rush in the NFC-W is a lot stronger than he has experienced while in Detroit. He’s going to get thumped harder than he has ever been before, he won’t stand up to it and will miss time. AZ is better but still missing a piece or two, still not sold on Murray.

Rat

Reaction score
All three are better than us now. I'm not sure how to answer the question.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Rat":3q0sm7tg said:
All three are better than us now. I'm not sure how to answer the question.

Who is your pick to win the NFC West

Chapow

Reaction score
The Rams had the #1 defense in the NFL last season by both yards per game and points per game. I don't see any reason to believe that they're going to be much, if any, worse this season. Even if that defense drops off a bit we're still talking about a top 5 defense. They also upgraded the most important position in football, the QB, and Cam Akers looks to be an awfully good young RB. To me, it's the Rams, and I think it's pretty obvious.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Rams are weak. They got destroyed by the Packers.

Just because we have a tough time beating them doesn't crown them division champs. They tend to drop a deuce against other teams then play us 150%.

You guys think Stafford is going to adjust to Mcvay's system that quick AND stay healthy? He's made of glass.
I have no confidence in the Rams unless they're playing the Hawks.

Not to mention they lost Johnson III and other members of their #1 D

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People are too busy acting like Shawn McVay is the greatest coach of all time :?
And yes, they have absolutely owned the Hawks for the last few years. No doubt about it.
But the last I checked, the Hawks are the NFC West champs. And NO, that does not mean I'm happy about them losing in the playoffs again. So save your assumptions Pitt, and the other doom and gloomers...…..

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Aros":39pay6fl said:
9ers. Even with Jimmy G if healthy they are potent as hell. Rams could be something with Stafford but that might take some time for chemistry. Cardinals are that team that the media loves to hype every year and every year they fall short of expectations. I don't see that magically changing any time soon.
Outside of last offseason, I don’t remember the media ever hyping the Cardinals.

The answer is LAR, though.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
gotta be rams or Whiners. Kyler Murray will never be a super successful QB. his body language, lack of maturity, lack of sideline presence and zero leadership ability are obvious to me.

flv

Reaction score
Chapow":shyytwdv said:
The Rams had the #1 defense in the NFL last season by both yards per game and points per game. I don't see any reason to believe that they're going to be much, if any, worse this season. Even if that defense drops off a bit we're still talking about a top 5 defense. They also upgraded the most important position in football, the QB, and Cam Akers looks to be an awfully good young RB. To me, it's the Rams, and I think it's pretty obvious.
Defense:
Out:
#1 team player in defensive snaps, ($6M).
#2 team player in defensive snaps, ($12M).
#2 player on D-Line, ($8M).
3 veteran back-ups for $6M, $6M, & $3M.
Best DC in NFL.
2 quality DB coaches.

In:
3rd round rookie.
4th round rookie.
6th round rookie.
7th round rookie.
3 new coaches.

There are 5 things you look for in the RB group: Rushing, receiving, blocking, health, and depth. The current Rams RBs have only demonstrated rushing ability so far.

Speaking as a Rams fan we have some great starters, but the depth is a big concern.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Wouldn't be shocking if the Niners won the NFCW - but this topic is interesting because the Rams destroyed the Seahawks in the playoffs.

Arizona is the odd team out until they actually prove something.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Nothing would surprise me. Any team winning the division or placing last in the division. I do think Arizona's coach is completely out of his depth, but there's a lot to like about that team.

Top-to-bottom, I think a healthy Niners team (with Jimmy G playing) still has the best roster. But the Rams should be better with Stafford.

xray

Reaction score
Toss up between LA and SF because of superior coaching . Rams by a nose over SF . IMO