710, Stone Age Radio

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mike Salk is stuck in the past and I've really had to cut back on my 710 listening. As everybody here knows, this is the 21st Century, the Age of the Podcast. Whereas this guy thinks he's still on analog TV.

I listen to my podcasts on my truck, on my bike, or in my office. At work I politely keep it turned down so we not to disturb my fellow employees. I can't hear ear buds as I need to listen for the phone, of what my co-worker is saying.

So I'm quietly listening to Dave and Bob and all of a sudden "THIS IS MIKE SALK! AND I'M HERE TO SELL YOU ON THE GUYS THAT PAY TO SUPPORT THESE PODCASTS!!"

GEEZUS! After popping a couple of nitroglycerin pills, a Xanax, and getting my BP back to normal, I write down the name of the company he pushing so that I can make sure not to patronize a business that allows that kind of behaviour to be associated with their name.

It's just as bad in my truck when they garbage blasts out of my speakers. Does that idiot think I'm going in to addins other room?

This is the station than last year was flying radio hosts all over to sporting events, hotel rooms rental cars, all on their customers dime, then all of sudden they have to make drastic cut backs, letting people go, but hanging on to the people that appeared to be the cause of the problem.

It's disappointing too, because I thought Jim Moore and Tom Wassell had something to offer to these shows. Even if they were off kilter opinions, they kept everyone else honest. 2 (wo)man shows can get very repetitive.

But the worst thing is blasting the volume for commercials as it I'm going to get up and go in the other room. GAWD... What that does to my ear drums. Which is the reason I don't listen to them at much any more, and why I rarely let them. I don't want to be responsible for a "myocardial infarction," blown ear drums, or aggravated coworkers.

I wonder if Salk pushes himself to be the voice because he gets paid for it? If I were an advertiser, I'd ssk for my money back, then to give it to Corbin Smith or Michael Shawn-Duggar. Much better content.

Poor Paul Gallant. They make him do an hour by himself, and it started off "meh," but had picked up as he gets it down.

Case in Point:

Has Jarred Kelenic busted out of his first slump? Did Jarred Kelenic fight his way through his first slump? Paul thinks so. We hear from Jerry Dipoto, who wasn't quite ready to call it a slump and had high praise for Kelenic today.

Then, Brady Henderson of ESPN.com joins Paul to discuss what he expects from Darrell Taylor, when we could see a Jamal Adams deal and if a KJ Wright return is still a possibility.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... ul+Gallant

notyou

Reaction score
Paul is the worst thing on 710, followed by Danny & Stacy. I think their target audience is 8yr olds with all the horrible air horn noises. Danny needs to stop repeating everything he says.

knownone

Reaction score
The volume difference in ads is usually just lazy engineering. Typically, it’s because the ad is poorly recorded so the sound engineer over compresses the file to get a consistent volume. The problem being that unless the engineer fades the ad in and out, it’ll either be way too loud or too quiet relative to the rest of the show. I doubt it’s intentional. It’s probably just a Covid artifact.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
notyou":3ryj1kdz said:
Paul is the worst thing on 710, followed by Danny & Stacy. I think their target audience is 8yr olds with all the horrible air horn noises. Danny needs to stop repeating everything he says.

Danny's phony laughs make me think he's a ride depressed person. "oh ho ho ho ho! Ah ha ha ha ha!" " That was funny Brock!"

And I agree about the fake air horn. Although it does demonstrate the limitations on his talent it that's all he could come up with. Holding his hand over his mouth and making fart noises would be much more entertaining.

But the heart attack inducing, blaring commercials bother me the most. I don't need that in a work environment, or coming over my ear buds.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Gallant is a chore to listen to. He takes forever to get to the point, and when he finally gets there it wasn't that great of a point.

Similar to Danny who gets all quiet like Stephen A as if he's going to say the most profound thing in the history of sports talk radio. Then he stumbles over himself and by the time he finishes making his argument it's so convoluted that he and his listeners forget what was even being discussed.

I think the Locked On Seahawks podcast guys do a much better job than those guys at 710. I'm surprised Huard and Clayton keep showing up

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":1nkmkbaj said:
The volume difference in ads is usually just lazy engineering. Typically, it’s because the ad is poorly recorded so the sound engineer over compresses the file to get a consistent volume. The problem being that unless the engineer fades the ad in and out, it’ll either be way too loud or too quiet relative to the rest of the show. I doubt it’s intentional. It’s probably just a Covid artifact.

That's an excuse, ads on TV and Radio are louder because they want your attention, they pay Stations to set up louder ads. I know the Government has issued warnings about it, not all that different from spamming and or slamming.