FieldGulls predicts KJ won't be asked back

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I love KJ and everything he's done, and think he can really help a young team out like the Bengals or Jaguars, but I think this is probably the right move.

sutz

Reaction score
Kind of hate to see him go, but we also have a couple of young stud LBs who need to get their turns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":3e73p6es said:
Kind of hate to see him go, but we also have a couple of young stud LBs who need to get their turns.
Loved the guy when he was here. Good player, good guy.
He Always will be a champion!

massari

Reaction score
Bill Barnwell on ESPN is projecting that KJ signs a 1 year $2.5M with the Rams.

Hawks would be crazy to not sign him for anything around 3 mill.

rcaido

Reaction score
I think kj will retire before playing for any other team. Took way too many discount contracts here. I think he loves playing for the seahawks and i dont see him moving his family or him playing away.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s all about the money.

Of course both want him to be here but his contract would have to fit.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
massari":irom553g said:
Bill Barnwell on ESPN is projecting that KJ signs a 1 year $2.5M with the Rams.

Hawks would be crazy to not sign him for anything around 3 mill.

I'd offer him at least $3.5M.

First, there's no guarantee that Jordyn can be another KJ. He might well advance more naturally as BOBBY's replacement as he played the mike like Bobby did in college.

Second, KJ's backups on the depth chart were Shaquem Griffin, then Barton. Now we're hearing we're going with Barton if things go wrong because he's cheap and everyone is hopeful? Did we not just go through this at this position?

Third, if the Hawks don't even try for KJ in the 3.5M range, then someone will. I can completely see the Rams doing this, and if the 49ers don't land Julio (they probably won't), they'll be in the mix too.

Seeing KJ in a Rams uni hitting Russ would be bad enough. Wanna see him in a 49ers uniform doing that?

He had a good year, he's healthy, he's in his prime and if we don't act, he'll probably go to a division rival. The closest of which, I might add, is an hour's flight from Seattle.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Who cares what fieldgulls says. KJ will be back. Because if he isnt. The defense will be awful not being able to cover out of the back field. Barton and who ever else you think will take KJs spot( Taylor) cant do it. Guranteed. I don't think barton will be able to take on blocking. Taylor hasnt played anything but end. I guess some people figure he will just jump in there and be able to cover 3rd down backs.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Unless we see a ton of nickel this year with Adams and Blair on the field at the same time.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
KJ had an excellent year in 2020; he's not done yet. We know what KJ can do, we don't know what the young pups can do. I honestly don't know why we'd just let him leave.

The Breh

Reaction score
KJ's not done playing.
Not after last year.
He deserves his money and he'll get it somewhere.
A division rival would make too much sense for a chip on the shoulder type who felt underpaid (going off the discount talk in here) and not wanted to stick around for a gamble elsewhere for his spot.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":m80bvx72 said:
Who cares what fieldgulls says. KJ will be back. Because if he isnt. The defense will be awful not being able to cover out of the back field. Barton and who ever else you think will take KJs spot( Taylor) cant do it. Guranteed. I don't think barton will be able to take on blocking. Taylor hasnt played anything but end. I guess some people figure he will just jump in there and be able to cover 3rd down backs.

SAM in the base bear front needs to be able to set the edge and ideally, they'd have upside as a pass rusher, too. They're not as off-ball as you think.

kf3339

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":13dre0eb said:

Taylor also played LB in college, which is why they're working him out at the same position as we did with Bruce Irvin. That reason is probably why there is no rush to bring KJ back right now. I would like him back as well, but his market never appeared in FA liked he expected.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I hope not Barton, he sucks. Would rather just play Jordan there, Barton might get cut

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
12th_Bob":29epy8mb said:
I hope not Barton, he sucks. Would rather just play Jordan there, Barton might get cut

He's still under a rookie deal. Perhaps he can become, as Shaquem Griffin was before him, a "special-teams ace." The Hawks like doing that as long as the cheap deal stays. Dunno how effective, but a separate conversation.

Barton's ok as a backup--BUT NOT as a starter. I mean, NO. No rational person could think of letting KJ walk while replacing KJ with...that. Just no.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2qdpuu0h said:
12th_Bob":2qdpuu0h said:

He's still under a rookie deal. Perhaps he can become, as Shaquem Griffin was before him, a "special-teams ace." The Hawks like doing that as long as the cheap deal stays. Dunno how effective, but a separate conversation.

Barton's ok as a backup--BUT NOT as a starter. I mean, NO. No rational person could think of letting KJ walk while replacing KJ with...that. Just no.

He's almost certainly backing up Brooks anyway on the weakside (if he makes roster). He doesn't have the sand in the pants to be SAM.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The only reason is to bring KJ back is because Barton sucks and Burr-Kirven isn't the answer either. However, if they plan to go to a 5-2 front, then Wagner and Brooks would be enough. Sounds like that is the direction they are going with moving Taylor to LB. Then KJ isn't a need. With that said, I'd like to see them sign Geno Atkins and Sherman (they are thin at DT and CB). Those are two areas where they could use more vet presence.