Seahawks eyeing Julio Jones *update: signed for Titans*

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1399048899395006466[/tweet]

Do we really need another WR ? Or invest in our OLine ?

getnasty

Reaction score
Driving up the price on the Niners probably but you know Pete and John love the big name.

Mizak

Reaction score
I can see it. He probably the dude that catches the short 5-8 yarders and it depends how much YAC he gets.

James in PA

Reaction score
While I would love to see this happen, I just don’t see HOW it gets done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think its a wise move roster-wise and don't think Seattle has the capital to get it done.

That said, this could drive the price up for the eventual suitors, which is solid process.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ok that's one story, they also had stories about the Rams and Titans today, people they are click baiting everyone, Packers and San Francisco a few days ago, Patriots, name a possible play off team and thats the next story line.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Yes ALL DAY!!
After this last draft and living through it, what is giving up a 2nd rounder...almost nothing.

2nd rounders are an absolute crap shoot, however Jones is a proven freakish talent.

The Hawks have over 7 million in cap space, ATL can take some of the hit and spread a little cash out over time and it can be done.

"We still have to sign so and so, the cap room won't be there". Nah, in the positions where there are unsigned guys left, they are still pretty deep...like LB.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":datfg5c3 said:
Ok that's one story, they also had stories about the Rams and Titans today, people they are click baiting everyone, Packers and San Francisco a few days ago, Patriots, name a possible play off team and thats the next story line.

"Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Jones have been in touch, having phone conversations to discuss the possibility of playing together, Russini reported."

That doesn't mean a trade is imminent, but I don't see how that's not worthy of at least a report. Something isn't click bait just because you don't like it.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I’m really torn. I feel like we did upgrade our Oline this year, and in doing so bought Russ a sec or 2 longer. But if Pete is still the driving force of the offense and running the ball 65% then big HARD pass. Roll the dice with eskridge as our #3. But if we did get him. I can’t name a defense that can cover all three WRs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":6mrzlty3 said:
I don't think its a wise move roster-wise and don't think Seattle has the capital to get it done.

That said, this could drive the price up for the eventual suitors, which is solid process.
This. ....and Santa Clara ain’t getting him if the price is a 1st rounder.
They don’t have any first rounders for the next 2 drafts.

Rat

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3knqqb1l said:
But if Pete is still the driving force of the offense and running the ball 65% then big HARD pass

Pete would need the biggest balls in the world to tell both Julio and DK that we're running the ball 65% of the time. Have you seen those two guys?

knownone

Reaction score
Hmm... I went into this thinking it wasn't remotely possible from a cap standpoint, but uh, they actually could make this work. The question is whether or not Atlanta is really going to eat Julio's salary without demanding a significant amount in return. As it stands, I would trade future 1st for Julio at $12M/Year, which is roughly what he would cost as things currently stand.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't like it.

Julio would be a new toy for Russell and Shane Waldron but playing with the new toy would be shared with other toys... DK, Tyler, Eskridge and Gerald Everett.

A new toy might be nice but Julio's salary and the draft capital to secure him isn't commensurate for a 32-year old five years removed former All Pro WR.

Rule

Reaction score
best ability is availability right? is julio durable enough to invest in? i’d pass. hopefully it’s just a smokescreen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":26emq1ul said:
chris98251":26emq1ul said:

"Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson and Jones have been in touch, having phone conversations to discuss the possibility of playing together, Russini reported."

That doesn't mean a trade is imminent, but I don't see how that's not worthy of at least a report. Something isn't click bait just because you don't like it.

Oh like Antonio Brown and Wilson were in Touch, or other players Wilson were in Touch with? I am sure Wilson talks to a lot of players and works out with them off season, he also talks to Basketball players and Baseball players, are we signing them also?

Wilson isn't the damn GM and or Coach, don't like it, deal with it yourself.......

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":1alipolm said:
Rat":1alipolm said:
chris98251":1alipolm said:

Oh like Antonio Brown and Wilson were in Touch, or other players Wilson were in Touch with? I am sure Wilson talks to a lot of players and works out with them off season, he also talks to Basketball players and Baseball players, are we signing them also?

Wilson isn't the damn GM and or Coach, don't like it, deal with it yourself.......

I don't see anyone saying it's 100% going to happen. You should probably just wait until opening day to look at what occurred during the offseason, so you don't accidentally read an irresponsible report that talks about something that didn't already happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":1pfd0dq6 said:
chris98251":1pfd0dq6 said:
Rat":1pfd0dq6 said:
chris98251":1pfd0dq6 said:

I don't see anyone saying it's 100% going to happen. You should probably just wait until opening day to look at what occurred during the offseason, so you don't accidentally read an irresponsible report that talks about something that didn't already happen.

Well I consider the time and slow news concerning the league, look at all the Stories about Wilson getting traded, those all were insider sources also, a mention of a team or a team calling the Falcons gets referenced to Jones when they could be talking about something completely different. When I see 6 or more stories about different teams referenced it is surely a website shot gunning with hoping to hit the target.