OTA Press Conference with Russell Wilson

Jville

Reaction score
It's always so helpful to hear the words from the actual source.

Russelll Wilson OTA press conference >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/video/russell-wilson-2021-seahawks-otas-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

pmedic920

Reaction score
Obviously we can attempt to read between the lines, we can say he said this but meant that.

I’m willing to take it at face value, I’m as excited as he says he his.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Speaking of which ...............

Did anyone catch that Obe Wan reference?

Russell Wilson says the Seahawks have become ZOOM MASTERS !

I wonder how Steve Largent might relate to that.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
At the risk of looking like a total homer I'll take it all at face value like always wants to be here. We got an answer that he never asked for a trade. We never really got an answer about how those 4 teams got leaked. But I'll ignore that and go with all the right things we heard today

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Notice how he emphatically emphasized "A little bit" blown out of proportion. "Unfortunately it got a little bit...A little bit blown out of proportion.." If there was little to no truth to the rumors I think that would have been his platform to say something to this effect...

"Wow, man when I started hearing all the hoopla I was like, 'Whoa! I never said that!' All of that media coverage was WAY out of proportion. I was simply frustrated like any competitor would be after being one and done in the playoffs, against our division rivals at home no less. But in no way did I ever discuss potential trading scenarios or anything of the like."

Instead, it was "a little bit" out of proportion. Read between the lines as you will.

toffee

Reaction score
Aros":fkhlykiu said:
Notice how he emphatically emphasized "A little bit" blown out of proportion. "Unfortunately it got a little bit...A little bit blown out of proportion.." If there was little to no truth to the rumors I think that would have been his platform to say something to this effect...

"Wow, man when I started hearing all the hoopla I was like, 'Whoa! I never said that!' All of that media coverage was WAY out of proportion. I was simply frustrated like any competitor would be after being one and done in the playoffs, against our division rivals at home no less. But in no way did I ever discuss potential trading scenarios or anything of the like."

Instead, it was "a little bit" out of proportion. Read between the lines as you will.

I noticed that too,

Fox0r

Reaction score
I lost a lot of respect for RW through this whole thing.

He is dodging the answers so hard in a way that makes him look even more fake than before. He cannot hide that he's been acting like a spoiled baby.

Also, take a shot every time he says, "The reality is..."

You'll be dead in 7 minutes.

massari

Reaction score
Sounds like Wilson is saying that if there's another early exit in the playoffs, it's his last season in Seattle.

This could be it, boys.

xray

Reaction score
He sounded like someone practicing for a future political career .

toffee

Reaction score
xray":23x9bpgf said:
He sounded like someone practicing for a future political career .
Have some respect guys, you are talking about a future owner of NFL franchise and president of united states.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

misfit

Reaction score
Fox0r":1wt6evdy said:
I lost a lot of respect for RW through this whole thing.

He is dodging the answers so hard in a way that makes him look even more fake than before. He cannot hide that he's been acting like a spoiled baby.

Also, take a shot every time he says, "The reality is..."

You'll be dead in 7 minutes.

Keep that same energy for Pete's press conferences

John63

Reaction score
unfortunately people are going to take what they want from what he said and if he does not say what they want they will make it up.

IF you are pro Wilson you will see the good
IF your a Wilson hater you will see the bad

Meanwhile, the truth is someplace in between. but what fun is the truth.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
John63":3i2tlcqy said:
unfortunately people are going to take what they want from what he said and if he does not say what they want they will make it up.

Are you hinting that the average intelligence of the NFL fan is in question? :roll:

John63

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2husrkf7 said:
John63":2husrkf7 said:

Are you hinting that the average intelligence of the NFL fan is in question? :roll:

not at all, only saying people see and hear what they want to. However, you in fact made my point. You read my post and believed what you wanted.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I dont think anybodys buying that everything is all rainbows and sunshine with Russ and the organization. The message was pretty vague to say the least.

Threedee

Reaction score
John63":2ammximf said:

He's obviously frustrated, and that's a bad thing, even though I happen to be pro-Wilson. After completing a 007 movie, Daniel Craig said something to the effect that he'd rather be dead then make another one. He still came back for a couple more.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
My only issue is then the Russ team is talking trades behind his back? I get he isn’t going to tell the truth. And I don’t think he has to. It’s done and hopefully it sparks him into playing a full season. But if they don’t really look good and the team isn’t winning the media and Russ team will blame everyone and then he will demand a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
Here’s all the new information I learned from RW’s 30 minute presser:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
John63":2zquqmar said:

This is such a mature view for you to take, J63.

I'm encouraged by your growth. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out in application.

Threedee

Reaction score
HawkinNY":17efgfww said:
My only issue is then the Russ team is talking trades behind his back? I get he isn’t going to tell the truth. And I don’t think he has to. It’s done and hopefully it sparks him into playing a full season. But if they don’t really look good and the team isn’t winning the media and Russ team will blame everyone and then he will demand a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounded to me more like Schneider was answering his office phone, and finding GMs on the line asking about trades, which he was brushing off as not serious.