Nail in the Coffin

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If you're suggesting the questions about Russell's future in Seattle are put to rest, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3ozr1cxe said:
If you're suggesting the questions about Russell's future in Seattle are put to rest, I'm afraid you're mistaken.

K

John63

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1fozhgkn said:

That is one opinion, and nothing but your opinion.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Russ could've came out months ago and said this. He had ample opportunity to say his words were taken out of context or he regrets them, etc. Some form of backpedal.

Instead he stayed quiet for months, allowed his agent to release The List, and let the story fester like a wound.

Russell coming out and saying this now is weak and predictable. It doesn't put a nail in the coffin. It's simply a bandaid to make himself look better in the public spotlight because he cares more about his image than the team at this stage in his career.

xray

Reaction score
Jerhawk":dp2zu2uv said:
Russ could've came out months ago and said this. He had ample opportunity to say his words were taken out of context or he regrets them, etc. Some form of backpedal.

Instead he stayed quiet for months, allowed his agent to release The List, and let the story fester like a wound.

Russell coming out and saying this now is weak and predictable. It doesn't put a nail in the coffin. It's simply a bandaid to make himself look better in the public spotlight because he cares more about his image than the team at this stage in his career.

Wilson ' came out ' after staying quiet for months . I can't blame him . There's a process I think . :D

John63

Reaction score
I I will say it again in the end no one on here has a clue at all. All this is doing is making it clear were you stand on your feelings about Wilson. Either you read it one way and you think it is not a nail in the coffin because that is what you want, Or you read it another way and it is a nail int he coffin because that is what you want. There is still to many things we don't know to make any judgement. Some saying well he could have said that months ago and saying it now means nothing, forget that its possible the Hawks asked him not to thinking, if he did people would do just what some here are doing. It could be just as some ere are saying. But again no one here knows all this is doing is making it clear were you stand. Guess what we already knows were everyone on this board stands. Me I think the truth is some place in between but in the end I don't care he is here and that is that. To me this is over for now.

Also, I look at it could be worse this could be Rodgers, but its not.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Surely there was smoke. But, regardless of what anyone “thinks”, he said it was blown out of proportion, JS never considered a trade, and PC said everything was good.

It’s typical of RW haters though. Even blaming him for not restructuring his contract when they have zero idea as to if he was ok with it.

For those who think there’s more to it and he should’ve spoke on it earlier, have you ever thought that it was so blown out of proportion that there was never really a reason to speak on it…during the off-season of all times? Cmon…he addressed it now because they were in camp.

Russ is here until his contract is up at a minimum. Think what you want though.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Let's just enjoy the season. Nobody here knows 100% if it was overblown or not. We'll know pretty early in the season if tensions exist between the 2 parties.

If the Seahawks do well(NFCCG or SB appearance) everything will be fine. If we fail in the playoffs again, changes will be made & nothing will be off the table including RW & PC.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
John63":3qwvm5gc said:
Hawkstorian":3qwvm5gc said:

That is one opinion, and nothing but your opinion.

This is a place for opinions, correct?

And.... it is just not my opinion, but many others as well. So, please spare us all the sanctimony.

Donn2390

Reaction score
This was never anything more than a bunch of writers writing anything they could to keep the paychecks coming until the season starts. It all needs to STOP..!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Donn2390":32fqvesa said:
This was never anything more than a bunch of writers writing anything they could to keep the paychecks coming until the season starts. It all needs to STOP..!

I think Russ may have played a small part in the situation.... but just MY OPINION.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is a damage control conference, he does not want a situation where the team is possibly split as well as wants the media hopefully to back off.

Remember Wilson is as PC as you can get in team press conferences.

rjdriver

Reaction score
If your ever want to get really wasted, play this game......

Watch Russell interviews and drink whenever he says "obviously".

You won't last 30 minutes.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Why is it that some people think Russ owes them an explanation. If he responded to every opinion some hack reporter had about him he would be endlessly defending himself. Teams are a business and are ruthless and often work in their own interests rather than the player, if Russ used the media’s thirst for hot takes to gain leverage then good for him. Every single one of you if given the divine gift of the 1% athlete would do the same. In my opinion Russ has given the Seahawks 100% and his career backs that up.

TreeRon

Reaction score
BTW, some say Russ is taking acting lessons and will be the next Bond 007.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Honestly I really hope things change this year with this team. We get that killer instinct back that has been lost since 2014. Wilson also needs to get rid of the ball faster and needs to hit open secondary receivers more often. Maybe Waldron will have a more creative and tougher offense to game plan against so we won’t get shut down in the second half again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John63

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":2u7bbi0x said:
Why is it that some people think Russ owes them an explanation. If he responded to every opinion some hack reporter had about him he would be endlessly defending himself. Teams are a business and are ruthless and often work in their own interests rather than the player, if Russ used the media’s thirst for hot takes to gain leverage then good for him. Every single one of you if given the divine gift of the 1% athlete would do the same. In my opinion Russ has given the Seahawks 100% and his career backs that up.

exactly

Wartooth

Reaction score
I won't attempt to 'guess' what's actually going on with Russ and the Hawks...
I do know from what I've seen from OTA's, is that Russ looks to be in better shape than in the last few years!
Maybe he has his 'brand' on track, and all the other 'outside of football' stuff squared away.
Maybe he'll be more focused on football this season!
Here's hoping so!

chris98251

Reaction score
Wartooth":4kk5k1bs said:
I won't attempt to 'guess' what's actually going on with Russ and the Hawks...
I do know from what I've seen from OTA's, is that Russ looks to be in better shape than in the last few years!
Maybe he has his 'brand' on track, and all the other 'outside of football' stuff squared away.
Maybe he'll be more focused on football this season!
Here's hoping so!

Have not seen him yet, but could be a aspect of the new OC wanting him more nimble for roll outs and things, he was packing weight on to absorb more hits, if you are doing a quicker offense where he can release the ball and roll out plays for longer developing or a change of looks you want him faster and quicker. We will see.