Adams Not Expected To Participate In Mandatory Minicamp

massari

Reaction score
What could be problematic for the Seahawks is Adams may be focusing on signing a new deal that is above the norm for a positional player. Adams’ agent will probably point out he’s more than just a safety.

Adams may want edge rusher money after he posted 9.5 sacks in 2021, an all-time, single-season record for a defensive back.

On the other hand, the Seahawks will probably balk at any deal that would make Adams the highest-paid defensive player on the team. There’s Wagner, who has been a first-team All-Pro pick five consecutive seasons, a Pro Bowl selection seven straight seasons and he is a future Hall of Fame selection. Wagner signed a three-year, $54 million extension averaging $18 million per year at the start of training camp in 2019.
https://www.oregonlive.com/nfl/2021/06/ ... nsion.html

Hopefully this doesn't turn ugly and they can sign him long term for a fair price

PNW

Reaction score
Agreed, I just don’t know what to think anymore, maybe we should trade him and try to get a 1st rounder if he’s asking for more money than he’s worth. I know that’s kinda lame but he might be refusing to sign unless it’s $18-20 mill per year, when the highest paid Safety is currently just over $15 mill per year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think he could if he wanted, dude's coming off two shoulder surgeries and a finger surgery in January.

He'll be lucky to be at 100% by training camp................thus I imagine why they haven't agreed on an extension. He wants big money, and John and Pete are nervous about the injuries.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Trade him or cut him to send a message.

Jerhawk is tired of good players complaining. He would rather average players stay quiet.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The window for a trade has closed unless one of the top five or six safeties in the league go down due to a season-ending injury during the mandatory mini-camps. Assuming that doesn't happen, we're "stuck" with Adams high-priced extension and a DC in KNJ that isn't the most creative defensive coordinator in the league.

I love Adams energy, athleticism and splash-play ability but he remains sub-par on coverages when that's his assignment.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":39wmdeu5 said:
The window for a trade has closed unless one of the top five or six safeties in the league go down due to a season-ending injury during the mandatory mini-camps. Assuming that doesn't happen, we're "stuck" with Adams high-priced extension and a DC in KNJ that isn't the most creative defensive coordinator in the league.

I love Adams energy, athleticism and splash-play ability but he remains sub-par on coverages when that's his assignment.

I'm more worried about handing over a monster extension with 50M+ guaranteed to a box safety that's breaking down before our very eyes.

Reminiscent of Kam, Adams plays the same way......reckless. Which just like Kam is why he's so good, but also why he's probably going to have serious injuries every season that'll keep him out of 4-5 games.

Again, probably why he doesn't have his extension yet. But John and Pete should have known this going in, that there was a huge risk in trading for a player like Adams who plays the way he does.

W

Welshers

ESPN says it is for a personal/family reason. So maybe it has nothing to do with his contract and he plans to play no matter what

Rat

Reaction score
Whatever. I dont think he really needs to be there anyway. Just heal up, we know he's good when he plays.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Is he currently under contract? I personally totally understand not playing football to not get injured while not under contract. That's common sense to this guy, but I don't know the details. I think we'll sign him, I think if we could rely on Blair to be healthy we would potentially not.

Elemas

Reaction score
JS wants him here long term. He’s going to get paid. He’s worth it. He has family matters to attend to. Doubt he’s even going to be fined. He’s also rehabilitating.

The comments here…same folks destroying Russ.

You’re funny though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like they are doing him a solid. Shoot, before Wags got his big contract, he didn't practice either. Sure he was there, but not doing any drills etc. No need to risk it before getting that big contract.
National and Local media will likely blow this out of proportion. Oh well, not worried one bit. This will get taken care of. The front office is like any other, some hits and misses. I just don't agree that the Adams trade was a bad thing. All a matter of opinion. He is a game changer.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Adams is going to be a nightmare after the season. That trade will end up setting the team back for years to come.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
My guess is they're covering for him just to not fuel more training camp drama. I assume he wants break the bank money and we're giving him mid/high tier money based on his injury/coverage issues last season so they're at a standstill.

xray

Reaction score
BS, He wants Bobby's $ and then some . Sell him off . IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen a PFT note that Adams and tem negotiating, not there yet but making progress. Doesn't sound like an issue as of yet.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
First Adams, then Brown.

What is this, diva season? There is a "mandatory" in front of "minicamp." What is next, diva-ing out of training camp?