• I think they will come on the last part of the season

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I think they will just be ok

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I think the O will be good out of the gate but fizzle down the stretch

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I think Shane Waldron will be .NET's new whipping boy

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Just fire everybody NOW, hire Bozo the Clown and lets be done with this circus

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LTH

Reaction score
I think they will be horrible

I think they will be lights out

I think they will come on the last part of the season

I think they will just be ok

I think the O will be good out of the gate but fizzle down the stretch

I think Shane Waldron will be .NET's new whipping boy

Just fire everybody NOW, hire Bozo the Clown and lets be done with this circus

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think they will start out good and fizzle later on in the season when Carroll implements 'Pete Ball' because he feels something isnt right. Happens every year and I dont see it changing this year.

Own The West

Reaction score
I think we'll be great out of the gate, start to slow down mid-season as defenses adjust, then pick up steam again as we begin rolling out new subpackages in preparation for the playoffs.

And yes, Waldron and Pete will continue to be the whipping boy for some on .net :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":mq61nmj6 said:

Now you need to wait till most here Google who Bozo the Clown is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh and as far as the offense goes, I think we will be baited into over joyed in pre season, but when real games happen we will be pissed for about 6 weeks, it depends on Pete's patience as well. When things get faster and more of the playbook learned and actually being able to execute it is when we see improvement. Defenses are going to key on something early since it will not be fully opened and they will take that away. They will force Wilson to beat them much like the end of last year with the Tampa Two. We need our counter to that and what they bring next, like 6 man rush etc since the timing is going to be iffy out of the gate.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":1sbiwy43 said:
LTH":1sbiwy43 said:

LMAO!!! Im old what can i say! LOL

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
People will perceive any change in offensive production as Pete Carroll forcefully throttling his own offense and call it "Peteball."

People also seem to think "tempo" means heavy passing, so I expect a few pissed off people in that regard.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It’s a tad early to make informed comment on something we haven’t seen play a down.

I suspect the team will be improve and less easy to defend on Oand will get stronger as the year progresses.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3uso2q5f said:
People will perceive any change in offensive production as Pete Carroll forcefully throttling his own offense and call it "Peteball."

People also seem to think "tempo" means heavy passing, so I expect a few pissed off people in that regard.
this

BASF

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1kd4jo8i said:

Let's put this into as easy perspective as we can, the people who complain about "Peteball" are the ones that want to win big instead of just winning (we were 6-1 in the last seven games under "Peteball") People complain about "Peteball" in the playoff game, but two rushing attempts in the first quarter is not what any of them would call "Peteball" It was the Wilson show and it failed miserably.

Regarding the poll, I absolutely believe that we will be very successful offensively from the opening quarter of the season. I will not sit here and bash our previous OC's (except Bevell for the play that should have gotten him fired), but the truth is the route trees and manner of running them were rudimentary at best. Waldron comes from a place that has variations upon variations upon variations (I can go on, but you get the picture). We will have people guessing right out of the gate where we are going and what we are doing and it will be the first time in at least seven seasons. With how often our future HoF QB has the guys playing together in the offseason away from Seattle, I fully expect the team to be on it rapidly.

Chawker

Reaction score
I think that they will start off ok, even tho we have a tuff opener at Indy. Its a 50-50 chance of beating the Colts in Idny, at best. I think after playing a game in front of the home crowd we see them come around. But watch out for them Colts.

Cheers

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In a real sense the THIS from toffee above is so right on.

Any chance the Pete haters have to attempt to further their agenda they will take their shot.

“The team is no good b/c they only get to the playoffs every year but haven’t won it all since 2013. Pete is too conservative. Pete Ball is awful!” Blah, blah, blah, barely more than unremitting negativity.

Some of these guys apparently missed the 90s and the many years of true suckage.

Although my post might occasion negativity this is the best FO this team has ever had. This program has a rep around the league for being vicious competitive.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
LTH":3i9alx4o said:
chris98251":3i9alx4o said:
LTH":3i9alx4o said:

LMAO!!! Im old what can i say! LOL

LTH
At least you didn't go back to Howdy Doody, and then further back to Kukla, Fran and Ollie. lol

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3u7f4n2f said:
In a real sense the THIS from toffee above is so right on.

Any chance the Pete haters have to attempt to further their agenda they will take their shot.

“The team is no good b/c they only get to the playoffs every year but haven’t won it all since 2013. Pete is too conservative. Pete Ball is awful!” Blah, blah, blah, barely more than unremitting negativity.

Some of these guys apparently missed the 90s and the many years of true suckage.

Although my post might occasion negativity this is the best FO this team has ever had. This program has a rep around the league for being vicious competitive.

so in your mind as long as we are competitive we should be happy. No wanting more. So glad the players feel different. AS to best FO you can argue that they were the best we ever had. But if there are 30 tams and you have the best RB you ever had but it is the worst in the league what does it matter. Not saying this FO is the worst, but it is far from the best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This offense is way too talented and experienced to not be efficient and explosive out of the gate, even with a new coordinator and playbook.

My only concern is their early schedule is pretty tough, against some good to great defenses.

Colts
Vikings
Titans
Niners
Rams
Steelers

So that'll play a factor with how good the offense looks.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
They were productive quickly last year then got figured out. The real question is will there offensive model be adaptable and sustainable through the whole season and any postseason. I hope so and am rooting for whatever they are doing to work. It is nice to see our offense getting into the 21st century.

As far as tempo Pete has already stated it not just about how fast the offense operates but getting plays in and to the line of scrimmage faster then hiking the ball off before the defense can get set.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I personally think they will have growing pains in the first quarter of the season and then build up steam as the season goes on and they really get used to the new offensive philosophy and concepts. Basically the opposite of last year's offense.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
This team could go 15-1 & score 607 points while giving up 230 but lose the Super Bowl 43-8 & guys here would complain that Peteball was somehow sabotaging the offense.

John63

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2mpzyau4 said:
This team could go 15-1 & score 607 points while giving up 230 but lose the Super Bowl 43-8 & guys here would complain that Peteball was somehow sabotaging the offense.

That would depend on if PC goes back to the same old same old in the playoffs like he has many times before. If he left the offense alone and that happened than I doubt anyone would blame PC for the offense.