WR room

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Among the top two WRs on this team, the Seahawks have one of the top duos in the league. After those two is where it gets interesting. Gone is David Moore. Josh Gordon? Was he ever really an option? Battling it out for the 3-5 positions will be Freddie Swain, John Ursula, Penny Hart, Dwayne Eskridge, Tamorrion Terry, Cade Johnson, and a few other camp bodies.

The bottom half of the WR depth chart is going to be fun to watch get sorted out. I’m not sure who will emerge as #3 let alone 4 or 5. I think that Freddie Swain might emerge as the 3rd option.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If its not Eskridge, chalk up another failed draft by the FO.

chris98251

Reaction score
After 3rd Pre season game we should see a significant IR increase in this position, there is a lot of talent, some needs more development and or NFL weight room work I would be.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I like Eskridge, Swain and Cade Johnson to fill out the WR room.

I had high hopes for John Ursua based on his college TD production but apparently the Seahawks coaches don't see the potential at all.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Ursua is like Collins, he probably doesnt practice all that well, but when he does see playing time, he seems to produce. Some guys are game time players and some arent. I think coaching staffs miss a few of those players.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1nja7gf4 said:
Ursua is like Collins, he probably doesnt practice all that well, but when he does see playing time, he seems to produce. Some guys are game time players and some arent. I think coaching staffs miss a few of those players.

Other than 1 catch in 1 game when has Ursua actually even had playing time and produced?!

Jville

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2kscqnh7 said:
pittpnthrs":2kscqnh7 said:

Other than 1 catch in 1 game when has Ursua actually even had playing time and produced?!

Pre-Season? :229031_shrug: 2019 ?

In addition to their defensive snaps, Freddie Swan and Penny Hart contributed special teams snaps in 2020. That's significant in choosing a 4th and 5th wide receiver to fill out a roster. I'd say those two along with their 2021 draft pick have an inside track going into training camp. Although, there are plenty of other prospects that will be looking to upset. Looking forward to seeing them emerge on the pre-season field of play.

There are a lot of David Moore offensive and special teams snaps to replace. So we should see some lively competition and discussion as events unfold.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ursua has to want to play special teams, returner and or gunner most likely. Special teams is a mindset and you have to want it or another who does will take that spot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1ko6mya6 said:
pittpnthrs":1ko6mya6 said:

That catch was a TD. :D

Jville

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2514oih0 said:
oldhawkfan":2514oih0 said:
pittpnthrs":2514oih0 said:

That catch was a TD. :D

One would hope that he is keeping up with changes in the playbook .................
There is still cause to be patient. For comparison, it took Paul Richardson until Week 7 of his rookie season to make more than one reception, and he was a 2nd round pick. Remember too, it wasn’t all that long ago that Pete Carroll said Ursua and Jennings both were behind in learning the playbook.
.................. from 2019 article "Where did John Ursua go?" >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/9/30/20889375/john-ursua-2019-rookie-wr-dk-metcalf-pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson[/urltargetblank]

“JU’s done a really good job picking up the system,” Seattle’s offensive coordinator answered, suggesting the second-year wide out was finally getting it. "Last year was hard for him coming from Hawaii, more of that spread system where all they did was run option routes, things like that."
.................. from 2020 article "Why John Ursua Could Be Primed for Breakout 2020 Season" >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/why-john-ursua-could-be-primed-for-breakout-2020-season[/urltargetblank]

................... without a special teams role, a player of Ursua's style needs to somehow win that 3rd spot. To date he has yet to merit consideration for a 4th or 5th spot.

The Breh

Reaction score
Isn't Eskridge basically Ursua but entirely more skilled, fast and versatile?

Tical21

Reaction score
I'll be mildly shocked if Terry doesn't make the team.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":4jm3cwx4 said:

The more I read your sig, the more I second guess myself

Elemas

Reaction score
I said Eskridge but, I completely forgot about Swain. It will be interesting. Swain flashed (sound like PC) last year.

I think Eskridge will ultimately get the nod based off his athleticism.

massari

Reaction score
With Terry gone because of off the field problems, the final WR spot will be between Hart, Thompson, Wedington, Fuller, and Ursua.

Swain and Johnson are 4 and 5

DK
Lock
Eskridge
Swain
Johnson

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1czidgsl said:
pittpnthrs":1czidgsl said:

The more I read your sig, the more I second guess myself

I know those are sarcastic numbers but you told me to put it in my sig. :D

If Eskridge doesnt get that 3rd receiver spot, i'll be crushed. With passing on Creed Humphrey for him, it would be a disaster.