Adam Schefter reporting NFL approving two helmets in 2022

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Dang -- the picture brings back memories of another Seahawks QB who wore #3. Not Good!

Otherwise, I can't wait.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I remember going to December 23rd game vs. SF in 2012 that we won 42-13. They hadn't made Wilson jerseys for regular sale yet, and I saw a TON of Rick Mirer jerseys with masking tape over the nameplate with Wilson written in permanent marker.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Maulbert":237osytj said:
I remember going to December 23rd game vs. SF in 2012 that we won 42-13. They hadn't made Wilson jerseys for regular sale yet, and I saw a TON of Rick Mirer jerseys with masking tape over the nameplate with Wilson written in permanent marker.

I have Mirer one, and had them (Seattle Tackle Twill) replace with nameplate with "WILSON".

22zll979

James in PA

Reaction score
Great news! I only wish they could have gotten it done in time for this coming season. Now Russ HAS TO stick around after this year to make those images a reality!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maulbert

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2txu4zfv said:
Maulbert":2txu4zfv said:

I have Mirer one, and had them (Seattle Tackle Twill) replace with nameplate with "WILSON".

22zll979

I don't doubt quite a few people did the same. This was right around the time people started buying into Wilson. The Chicago game was where everyone really started believing, and it was only 3 games before this one.

Chawker

Reaction score
Is it the old outfits or something new ? I'd like to see black and blue with silver helmets, like what Bobby Wagner was asking for, NOW that would be awesome.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Chawker":h8ygxhee said:
Is it the old outfits or something new ? I'd like to see black and blue with silver helmets, like what Bobby Wagner was asking for, NOW that would be awesome.

No black. Too many teams wear black without it being their color. Look at those hideous Cardinals uniforms.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maulbert":2vogxzp9 said:
Chawker":2vogxzp9 said:

No black. Too many teams wear black without it being their color. Look at those hideous Cardinals uniforms.

Yep. Corniest damn thing of all time. The 49ers black uniforms were absolutely hilarious.

It's such a cringy "Look at me! I'm hip!" thing that doesn't represent the franchise at all. What's next? The Eagles putting a dragon on their helmet because dragons look cool?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":13h286la said:
What's next? The Eagles putting a dragon on their helmet because dragons look cool?

I mean, dragons have wings, don't they? :229031_shrug: But certainly, no black!

Seahawk helmets have always looked cool with just the head. But I do like the native feather tradition now, too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":46j2xfel said:
Maelstrom787":46j2xfel said:
What's next? The Eagles putting a dragon on their helmet because dragons look cool?

I mean, dragons have wings, don't they? :229031_shrug: But certainly, no black!

Seahawk helmets have always looked cool with just the head. But I do like the native feather tradition now, too.

Good point, they do have wings. Eagles putting dragons on helmet is confirmed to make more sense than black throwbacks :stirthepot:

The throwback will be amazing on a Nike template uniform in a vacuum, but it won't hit the same as it used to. The royal and emerald won't pop nearly as well without the wicked bright green astroturf under the Kingdome lights. Going neon green was a good call - it contrasts excellently with the navy and looks great in the generally-grey, dreary overcast of Lumen Field. Just fits rhe surroundings better.

I think a lot of people overlook how much less vibrant these throwbacks would look as primary uniforms. Reserve for primetime under the lights only, imo.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":26vfq9rp said:
Chawker":26vfq9rp said:

Agreed, but at least the Cardinals have black trim in their logo and normal uniforms. The Seahawks have no black, anywhere. Sorry Bobby, it's dumb.

Greenhell

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":1s60y0on said:
Maulbert":1s60y0on said:

22zll979

Looks great! I've got a Murder I want to get done with a "Wilson" name plate. Where did you get yours done?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Greenhell":3hsjgsdy said:
ZorntoLargent":3hsjgsdy said:
Maulbert":3hsjgsdy said:

22zll979

Looks great! I've got a Murder I want to get done with a "Wilson" name plate. Where did you get yours done?
Not sure where he got his but “Seattle Tackle Twill” has always been my go to.

https://www.stt-sports.com

I see they are now called STTSports lettering.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Yes, STT does the actual jerseys that the players wear. Used them many times.
Doing an entire jersey with numbers and nameplate for current jersey is about $125.
Doing just the nameplate in 2013 cost me like $30?

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
BTW, I never understood this ONE helmet rule. It's BS.
How do I know it's BS?.............
I own GAME USED Shaq brothers helmets. They were purchased directly from the team, DURING a season, used in THAT SEASON. Somehow they still were wearing a helmet the next week............. a SECOND helmet in one season.

04mw8935

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I heard approved in 2022, but not in effective for the throwbacks until 2023?

That's ridiculous, this is the NFL they should be able to do anything they want, what's up with making fans and players wait so long for something we all obviously want, and would sell like hotcakes once those jerseys hit the stores.

Enough already with the stupid color rush jerseys.