They woke the sleeping giant... I am triggered what the F???

Tokadub

Reaction score
Imagine not following the Seahawks for a few weeks (everyone deserves a break)... and the first thing you see is this:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1424843/heaps-2-young-seahawks-pro-bowl-leap/

Jake Heaps, a former Seahawks quarterback

WHAT EXCUSE ME?

Have they lost so much of their audience they have to start saying their analyst is a former Seahawks QB even though he got SIGNED BY THE JETS (UNDRAFTED???) I'M LAUGHING OUT LOUD WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE... Then he was briefly signed by the Seahawks but immediately released to the practice Squad.

Heaps was rated the 43rd best quarterback in the 2015 NFL Draft by NFLDraftScout.com

Well that's pretty cool and all, you must be the guy who got Will Smith flying on a Helicopter in my "next door neighbor high school". I saw it on ESPN, Will Smith, Wayne Gretsky... JOE MONTANA??? I used to skip class and walk up to Skyline High right down the street from me... your girls were way more freaky and desperate... I think the Skyline guys were boring awkward dorks that was my impression.

Me and my friends literally got flashed on my first visit to your school just being a guy they didn't recognize...

Why do you look so fat at such a young age? Not to be mean but wtf?

Heapsja01

CONCLUSION:

At the end of the day, I can't take away from your accomplishments Jake. But this is false advertising saying you're a former Seahawks QB.

The fact you almost made the NFL is commendable, but don't wake the sleeping giant when I read that kind of headline and my logical core almost shoots off to mars at the speed of light.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Am I getting whooshed?

If this triggers you, see a therapist.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Most, if not all of us know Heaps never became a starter or made a final roster, so why the hate? He got father than any of us and is probably a better all around athlete than any of us.
I don't get it when fans berate professional players that aren't great or even good. If he were my kid, I'd be proud that he made it farther as an athlete than 99.9% of his peers.
BTW, I understand Heaps is close to Russell and many of the Seahawks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Heaps was signed, released and signed again to the practice squad, then released. That means he was indeed a "former Seahawk."

I hope this helps you sleep at night. God speed in your triggering de-escalation.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Heaps definitely has some good juju going for him. He couldn't hold onto the starting QB job at KANSAS (lowest ranked football team in FBS), yet still somehow managed to get drafted. Couldn't stick with the Jets then was associated with the Seahawks. Couldn't stick with the Seahawks as a player but latched on to a decent media gig covering them. Can't fault him for failing to capitalize on an opportunity afforded to him as a Seahawk "insider". The question is whether or not he is better as a media hype type than he was as a QB. So far he seems to be sticking at that.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Weird thing to be bothered by.

But yes, he has a Seahawks jersey with his last name on it. So he is a former seahawk.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Ahh, the thin skinned society of today.

I dont think this thread is turning out like the OP expected.

Spohawks

Reaction score
THERE ARE NO BREAKS, THIS IS A 24/8 KIND OF A DEAL!

sdog1981

Reaction score
Heaps is a local high school football legend. Saying former Seahawk just sounds better.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It’s been interesting following Jake. I have been friends with Jake’s uncle since well before Jake’s high school days. He goes to BYU and then he transfers of all places to KU ( see my user name) the same year that Crist transfer. What a cluster-weis that all was. Yes we still suck at football even during Les Miles tenure. It was nice getting some little inside nuggets though I’ve never met him. I do wish him success. I never heard anything bad about him from his family or KU supporters I know.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1u9t046i said:
It’s been interesting following Jake. I have been friends with Jake’s uncle since well before Jake’s high school days. He goes to BYU and then he transfers of all places to KU ( see my user name) the same year that Crist transfer. What a cluster-weis that all was. Yes we still suck at football even during Les Miles tenure. It was nice getting some little inside nuggets though I’ve never met him. I do wish him success. I never heard anything bad about him from his family or KU supporters I know.

All true, but he didn't play long enough for the Seahawks for one fan's fancy, and now we must hate him with the force of 1,000 dying suns.