Josh Gordon applies for reinstatement

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":277anuvl said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/02/report-josh-gordon-applies-for-reinstatement/

Maybe this time it will be the charm.

You couldn't help yourself could you, :)
this is a NFL topic not a Seahawk topic till he comes in or is re signed...............

massari

Reaction score
Without a doubt take him back. Absolutely nothing to lose when he gets busted again. Hopefully he can play 6 games this time instead of 5.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1411052772447956993[/tweet]

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I think Gordon would kill it in the Tamorrion Terry role on offense

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Here were go :roll: Whoo Hoo!

Isn’t Gordon a Seahawks FA despite his release to play in another developmental league? To play at all was his goal. l think the team would take him back if he got cleared to play. Of course he’s actually a UDFA or SFA but to me he’s one of ours now.

I know he has stated he would like to play here, if he could. He just gets stoned and doesn’t harm anyone except himself. Wish he could actually use his legitimate talent instead of being constantly suspended.

Sad situation really.

seabowl

Reaction score
What's the point of a policy if you keep letting then back in especially after short stints out? This rule should probably be there strikes and done.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I thought I heard the rule regarding MJ has been amended by the NFL. Is that incorrect? In any case, if he's been clean 3 months he can probably be clean for as long as he wants. I'm guessing this move is not news to the FO, and might be a contributing factor in the decision to release Terry...although I probably would have stuck with the youth movement.
As a long time believer in Gordon's talent I hope he gets back in with us. I just think his PT potential is diminished with the draft results we had. Our WR room is stacked!

flv

Reaction score
Deep sigh.

It's NOT just weed. He's also been done for PEDs and he's failed the alcohol test 3 times. Being in the NFL's drug rehabilitation program means ZERO alcohol. It's got to be easier staying clean in May/June away from the stresses of making an NFL roster and when he's not around other NFL players. Staying clean through November/December will be the problem. If he can go through the next 5 months without any alcohol then good luck to him. Marijuana is likely to be less of a problem because the NFL tolerance level is now considerably higher.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Appyhawk":272jjd74 said:
As a long time believer in Gordon's talent I hope he gets back in with us. I just think his PT potential is diminished with the draft results we had. Our WR room is stacked!

This is very true, but as you observe his talent is so interesting you want to take yet another chance even knowing you could once again be disappointed by him. There were a few moments and they were very few that Gordon combined with Metcalf and No E looked quite formidable. Should Eskridge become what the FO hopes he will be, that moveable, burner fast, chess piece (hopefully Tyreek Hill like). RW will have lots of targets, and opposing DCs will have to pick their poison. Almost Maddenesque in a sense.

For Gordon it will remain to be seen how much he wants to play ball, or whether his demons will win. Agree as well his weed suspensions should be wiped off the slate in any calculus about 'substance suspensions'.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Gordon's upside is that catch he made against Carolina on a Wilson deep ball. I swear I haven't seen many better catches than that.

If he is reinstated I'm sure we will be in the mix again for him.

Jville

Reaction score
I've long since given up on Mr. Gordon. All the chances he has been given over the years speaks to how much influence exceptional talent can muster. He might yet prove to be a useful but unreliable team accessory for someone. But, I'd rather see roster spots given to prospects and players that are first and foremost both focused on football and right between the ears.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3kc6qbsz said:
jammerhawk":3kc6qbsz said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/02/report-josh-gordon-applies-for-reinstatement/

Maybe this time it will be the charm.

You couldn't help yourself could you, :)
this is a NFL topic not a Seahawk topic till he comes in or is re signed...............

LOL. If he wins reinstatement however, I do hope he is more a nfl topic. I don't hate the guy at all but it seems an alliance with him is just not going to happen for either.

Tical21

Reaction score
We all love Josh Gordon. At this point, anyone giving him 5 seconds of thought is a total sucker.

xray

Reaction score
He's getting ready to twist one up as we speak . :D

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Seattle just isn’t a safe place for an addict to try and get clean. Of course neither are most of the league’s locations. Too bad there isn’t an NFL franchise in Utah.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3jh36qqc said:
Here's John Clayton's take on Gordon:

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1436398/ ... g-to-lose/

I agree with him and I suppose I'm a sucker, Gordon would hurt the cap and does have real talent. If he back slides as we may expect given his history there is not really much downside.

Ya. But that's the same excuse that was used when he acquired him. So cheap that if he really was a head case we wouldn't really be out much.

Well we've now been in multiple situations where we think we're going to have this guy and plan accordingly, and then he's suspended. We have been burned multiple times here. Hell, maybe we AREN'T the place for him to be if the issue is even partially weed.

I wish him well. Hope he can play. But he hasn't shown the commitment to what the NFL wants in terms of sobriety here in Seattle.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm good.

I wish Josh the best in his fight for sobriety, I really do. But I'm done with paying him, taking up roster spots and not delivering. Two years was enough for me.