Is Sherm coming back to Seattle?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'd like him back because I'm sure he would help.
My max for him would be 2 years @ 4M/year with 4M guaranteed.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I doubt it will ever happen, but if so, I wouldnt give him anything over a 1 year deal. I could never see him playing more than 7 or so games at this point.

sdog1981

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3tqq84og said:
I doubt it will ever happen, but if so, I wouldnt give him anything over a 1 year deal. I could never see him playing more than 7 or so games at this point.

He has not played 16 games in a season since 2016. He did play 14 and 15 games in 2018-2019. His durability is a problem at this point.

The other thing to consider is the fact that Sherman might be moving to the free safety point in his career to extend it a few more seasons. The Seahawks don't really need help at safety.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My sense is no, but I'd not be opposed to it, the numbers would need to be right.

At this point I'd prefer to see the team acquire a younger player with some ability, theAdams' contract situation seemingly is what is stalling anything from happening.

As well deals need to be organized for Brown and Diggs too.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Sherman may very well be a key contributor this season with whatever team he signs with.

I believe the guy is a solid corner with a pass rush.

Seattle could probably benefit from having him if they sign him.

I’m not sure Carroll wants him back but Sherman is intelligent enough to help the young secondary with Seattle.

A reunion may be better than most people expect him to play.

stang233

Reaction score
I do not think we need him. We are so deep at CB.

toffee

Reaction score
what we think has no bearing on John and Pete's decision. Heck, unless Russ signs off, Sherm ain't coming back.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Note that there is nothing in the article about Sherman taking a cheap deal. He has made $80 million over the course of his career and there aren't many reasons for him to take the sort of deeply discounted deal that his injury history over the last couple of seasons warrants.

I imagine he's happy to sit out and recover while waiting to see if other injuries prompt a desperate team to overpay him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
stang233":1t3xu896 said:
I do not think we need him. We are so deep at CB.
If Trey Flowers is still on the team and fighting for a starting spot, then we are not deep enough at CB, IMHO.

toffee

Reaction score
Tre's first season wasn't so bad, but somehow he went down hill from there. A matter of confidence or skill?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Monday Night Football, he could educate that booth a bit, much better then having a Booger there.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":17a5jj1d said:
Tre's first season wasn't so bad, but somehow he went down hill from there. A matter of confidence or skill?

Really? Because the last time I checked Davantae Adams had a field day with him. You would be foolish to trust the secondary hopes and dreams to this current secondary.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I don’t know if he is or isn’t but…..

The only 2 reasons I’d vote for it are

1) the nostalgia involved with him retiring as a Seahawk.

2) we get decimated @ the position and truly need the help

BASF

Reaction score
toffee":2zr44qwg said:

A question of film and a player not adapting. Finding the tendencies of your opponent and your opponent not being able to adapt to how they attack them is the usual reason behind a "sophomore slump." My favorite example of this is actually from baseball where Kevin Maas was a monster in his rookie year. The next season after the league had enough tape on his tendencies and knew how to pitch him, his success died a quick death and he was out of the league in another year if I recall correctly.

toffee

Reaction score
BASF":3lieija0 said:
toffee":3lieija0 said:

A question of film and a player not adapting. Finding the tendencies of your opponent and your opponent not being able to adapt to how they attack them is the usual reason behind a "sophomore slump." My favorite example of this is actually from baseball where Kevin Maas was a monster in his rookie year. The next season after the league had enough tape on his tendencies and knew how to pitch him, his success died a quick death and he was out of the league in another year if I recall correctly.

Agreed, I noticed that he was more grabby after his rookie season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2sdsheta said:
toffee":2sdsheta said:

Really? Because the last time I checked Davantae Adams had a field day with him. You would be foolish to trust the secondary hopes and dreams to this current secondary.

As it turns out, Davante Adams does that to most (pretty much all) cornerbacks, as he's a top-5 receiver in the league.

John63

Reaction score
The question is the risk worth the possible reward. the risk is he causes trouble in the locker room.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":23x56e8m said:
TheLegendOfBoom":23x56e8m said:
toffee":23x56e8m said:

As it turns out, Davante Adams does that to most (pretty much all) cornerbacks, as he's a top-5 receiver in the league.

I think he's the best personally