The 1992 Seahawks.

keasley45

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1w8m7m5g said:

I remember that team well. The defense that year was incredible. I remember getting in arguments with fans of other teams about how good our D was but the team as a whole was so bad that we got zero respect. Squandered the prime years of C Kennedy unfortunately.

That was the beginning of the '7 years of darkness'. Subpar teams, the kingdome, imploded, and the threat of the team moving to California.

Maulbert

Reaction score
keasley45":frsvzlxl said:
Shanegotyou11":frsvzlxl said:

I remember that team well. The defense that year was incredible. I remember getting in arguments with fans of other teams about how good our D was but the team as a whole was so bad that we got zero respect. Squandered the prime years of C Kennedy unfortunately.

That was the beginning of the '7 years of darkness'. Subpar teams, the kingdome, imploded, and the threat of the team moving to California.

If that '92 team had a mediocre offense- not good, just mediocre- they could've been a wild card team. That offense was HISTORICALLY bad.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and McGwire. Pick your poison.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
What I remember most about that team was that I was spending every weekend deer hunting to attempt to get some meat to feed my family. So I listened to the games on the AM radio in my buddy's truck way up in the Cascades where reception was 'spotty'. And it seemed like every week, somebody on the other team had a 'personal-best' number of receptions, or field goal yardage, or touchdown run yards, or whatever to beat us by one touchdown. To this day I'm convinced we should have won 6 games instead of 2 and went 6-10...

Maulbert

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2yetet83 said:
What I remember most about that team was that I was spending every weekend deer hunting to attempt to get some meat to feed my family. So I listened to the games on the AM radio in my buddy's truck way up in the Cascades where reception was 'spotty'. And it seemed like every week, somebody on the other team had a 'personal-best' number of receptions, or field goal yardage, or touchdown run yards, or whatever to beat us by one touchdown. To this day I'm convinced we should have won 6 games instead of 2 and went 6-10...

That team gave up only 19.5 points per game. They scored 8.8 points per game. You have to wonder, with just a functional offense, if they could've dropped their points allowed just based on their defense not having to be on the field so much. Seriously, say if they put up 18 per game, maybe their points allowed drops to 15?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Maulbert":2yara4na said:
GeekHawk":2yara4na said:

That team gave up only 19.5 points per game. They scored 8.8 points per game. You have to wonder, with just a functional offense, if they could've dropped their points allowed just based on their defense not having to be on the field so much. Seriously, say if they put up 18 per game, maybe their points allowed drops to 15?

Just scoring 10 extra points a game would've made the Hawks 6-9-1. If their D gave up 4 fewer points, they would've been 10-6. I realize thats all meaningless, but seriously, 18 points a game isn't a good offense, and they wouldn't have terrible with that.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I remember games when the defense was dominating for 3 1/2 quarters, but just wore out at the end.