Favorite Seahawks players in the 80’s

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Ok, this thread will have a lot more options than the one on the 70’s. The 80’ were the first glimpses of success for this franchise under the late great Chuck Knox.

Some of my favorite players from this decade were, Dave Krieg, Curt Warner, Jacob Green, Largent, …

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So many for me.

The obvious ones of course.

Then its Rufus Porter, Brian Blades, Fredd Young, Dave Brown, Eugene Robinson, Keith Butler, Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash, Daryl Turner...

I can keep going but I gotta leave some for others, lol.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
gobosgumbo518":1wyzrqh2 said:
It was easily Kenny Easley
This. Loved Dave Brown as well. Largent, Warner, John L, Jacob Green, Jeff Bryant, Joe Nash, and I’m sure I left a few out.

But Kenny is my #1.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kenny Easley, Dave Brown, Rufus Porter, Fredd Young, Dan Doornink, Curt Warner, Michael Jackson, John Harris, Brian Blades, Paul Johns, Jim Zorn, Dave Kreig, Reggie McKenzie, Cullen Bryant, Shelton Robinson, Carl Eller, Steve August, Keith Butler, Manu T, The Boz, Dave Wyman, John L Williams, Randle "Too Hot to Handle" Morris, David Hughes, Theotis Brown, Paul Skansi, Herman Weaver, Efren Herrera, Sam McCallum, Steve Raible, Sherman Smith, and so on.

BASF

Reaction score
Curt Warner, as a ten year old, I cried when he blew out his knee. He was a special running back and I was looking forward to watching him rewrite the NFL records while a Seahawk.

Kenny Easley was just an absolute pleasure to watch. Growing up in 49er territory, people were all about Ronnie Lott and I would argue about Kenny being better, but no one here ever really got to see him except on Monday nights, Raiders games and playoff games. He didn't disappoint as the teams pretty much stayed away from him after '83 and picking off the Raiders twice.

Joe Nash was also a pleasure to watch. His toughness and unconventional technique was a sight to behold.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BASF":1g0l44ww said:
Joe Nash was also a pleasure to watch. His toughness and unconventional technique was a sight to behold.

Remember "Trick Knee Nash?"

Back in the day before injury stoppages cost your team a time out or time run off, players used to fake injuries to stop the clock. No one was better than Nash, his knee would always flare up when the defense was trying to get the ball back for the offense with little time remaining.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I was following the Seahawks as well as I could as a kid in Maine. In the '80s, it got a lot better than it had been in the '70s. I got a chance to watch some great Seahawks defenders.

Zorn was still with the team through '84, and he was my first childhood sports hero, so he gets in here. Largent also, of course.

Curt Warner. I still think of 28 as "Curt Warner's number." It was a pretty high compliment when I said I didn't mind Coleman wearing it. Similarly, I can express my optimism about Amadi by saying I don't mind him wearing Curt Warner's number.

Jacob Green. Yow. I wish there were a way to get a Jacob Green throwback jersey. And everything I said about 28 and Warner above goes more than double for Green and 79. And I was as happy as Green himself was with Red Bryant using his number.

Kenny Easley.

Dave Brown, Fredd Young.

Krieg, Doornink, Norm Johnson.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3b6eyd5k said:
BASF":3b6eyd5k said:

Remember "Trick Knee Nash?"

Back in the day before injury stoppages cost your team a time out or time run off, players used to fake injuries to stop the clock. No one was better than Nash, his knee would always flare up when the defense was trying to get the ball back for the offense with little time remaining.

He did it against the Bangles no-huddle offense in the playoffs in 1988.

Steve Largent is my favorite Seahawk of all time. It is really hard to like football players more than you did when you were 10 years old.