Favorite Seahawks players of the 90’s

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
This one could be interesting. There are a lot of fun individual players that were Seahawks during this decade even though it wasn’t the most successful decade for the team. You can’t think of the 90’s Seahawks football without the late great Cortez Kennedy. Also underrated and possibly forgotten by many, RB Chris Warren.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tez first and foremost obviously. Warren Moon (SO wish he would have been our QB for the entire decade of the 90s!) and Joey Galloway was just stupid fast and fun to watch. Those Moon bombs to Galloway were one of the precious few offensive highlights of the entire decade.

Charlie Rogers (Anyone remember "Mr. Roger's Neighborhood" banners in the Husky Stadium endzones due to how often he could take a kickoff to the house?)...Ricky Watters, Jon Kitna, Michael Sinclair (his NFL best sack season of 98)...Terry Wooden, Kevin Mawae, Christian Fauria, Winston Moss, Pete Kendall, Darryl Williams (One of the most vicious hits on another player I've ever witnessed), Chad Brown, Shawn Springs, Phillip Daniels, Howard "House" Ballard, Big WALT!

If anyone mentions Jay Bellamy they are getting a throat punch. :stirthepot:

seabowl

Reaction score
Ahman Green- I was so excited when they drafted him and he lit it up against the Eagles opening day only to be traded for.... Fred Vinson :(.

Joey Galloway- Was at that draft and was upset that we passed on Sapp. With that said maybe the fastest receiver I have seen.

Tez- Was also at that draft and was overjoyed to get Tez for the 8th and 10th picks which were Ray Agnew and Chris Singleton :D. Tez's 2nd year was as good as I've seen from a DT. Just unreal.

BTW the person referencing the Daryl Williams hit on Dudley, I agree. Thought Dudley was dead.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
seabowl":hh2pxpi8 said:
Ahman Green- I was so excited when they drafted him and he lit it up against the Eagles opening day only to be traded for.... Fred Vinson :(.

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder. :34853_doh:

Joey Galloway- Was at that draft and was upset that we passed on Sapp. With that said maybe the fastest receiver I have seen.

I always use Galloway as my baseline to this day to compare to any wide receiver being talked about as the fastest in the league. I have yet to personally witness another receiver since that has displayed 4.1 speed on the field like Galloway did. He was remarkable.

BTW the person referencing the Daryl Williams hit on Dudley, I agree. Thought Dudley was dead.

That was me. I remember being at the game in the Kingdome. My seats were right in front of that hit and I'll never forget the momentary silence before the deafening roar...Because I think we all thought the same thing: We had just witnessed a murder in front of our eyes.

To his credit, Dudley got right back up like nothing even happened. But I'm sure that was just for posture. No way his marbles weren't rang for hours after.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":3ivhye2d said:
seabowl":3ivhye2d said:

Ugh. Thanks for the reminder. :34853_doh:

I always use Galloway as my baseline to this day to compare to any wide receiver being talked about as the fastest in the league. I have yet to personally witness another receiver since that has displayed 4.1 speed on the field like Galloway did. He was remarkable.

That was me. I remember being at the game in the Kingdome. My seats were right in front of that hit and I'll never forget the momentary silence before the deafening roar...Because I think we all thought the same thing: We had just witnessed a murder in front of our eyes.

To his credit, Dudley got right back up like nothing even happened. But I'm sure that was just for posture. No way his marbles weren't rang for hours after.

For some reason I can’t remember this hit. Maybe it’s one of the small handful of games I didn’t get to watch. Can anyone provide a video link to it?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
SeatownJay":ycb091v3 said:
Aros":ycb091v3 said:
What about Brian Habib?

A thousand lashes mister!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
oldhawkfan":rqrb8d3p said:
For some reason I can’t remember this hit. Maybe it’s one of the small handful of games I didn’t get to watch. Can anyone provide a video link to it?

Enjoy!

[youtube]2KBxD3oeMgg[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":qcc3d49y said:
oldhawkfan":qcc3d49y said:

Enjoy!

[youtube]2KBxD3oeMgg[/youtube]

15 yard penalty and automatic ejection now.

Ray Roberts is my favorite player from the 90's. Not because he was a great player, but he was always my favorite character and interview when he was on, even post career he's hilarious and has such a great personality. Wish he would have stayed in the Seattle market.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":p7d9in5c said:
SeatownJay":p7d9in5c said:
Aros":p7d9in5c said:
What about Brian Habib?

A thousand lashes mister!

Nice!!! Thanks for that. Now I remember why I don’t remember it. We had tickets to this game. Still have them. My daughter had some medical issues as a baby and ended up hospitalized. I not only didn’t get to go to the game but also only got to see a few minutes of it here and there on a small hospital tv.

BASF

Reaction score
I loved a lot of the defensive players, especially Tez, but the guy I most admired was Mack Strong. To this day I wear his Pro Bowl jersey when I go on long hikes as motivation after his long hard fought tenure got the recognition of his peers through perseverence and dedication to his craft. I actually had a guy recognize the jersey while I was on a backpacking trip to Yosemite, which was surprising.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My fave's are Tez, Sam Adams, Chad Brown, Walt Jones, Joey Galloway, James McKnight, Michael Sinclair, Philip Daniels, Mike McCrary, Darryl Williams, Robert Blackmon, Eugene Robinson, Nesby Glascow, Warren Moon, Jon Kitna, Shawn Springs, Carlton Gray, Chris Warren, Ricky Watters, and so on.

niveky

Reaction score
Chad Brown and Mack Strong(not really much that has to be said. with Chad Brown I know there was all the ugliness with him in regards to his words about the team when he was gone but he was consistently a bright spot on the defense in all those mediocre teams and Mack Strong was just a beast even if he didn't put up the beast like numbers he was a total team guuy and just tough as nails), Willie Williams(i know he was by no means the best but every time i saw him play he played with lots of heart)