Jacob Green

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I don't have to tell you, that Jacob Green is far and away the all-time Sack-Master for the Seahawks. He was the team's first pick in the 1980 draft, but the NFL did not record official sack figures until 1982.

Profootball-Reference.com has done pain-staking research to go back and count all NFL and AFL sacks back to the early 1960s at least --- and as part of that, we now know that Jacob Green has 115.5 career Sacks, besting 2nd place Mike Sinclair who sits at a paltry 73.5.

According to unofficial all-time stats, this puts Green at 31st all-time in NFL/AFL history.

Other briefly former Seahawks include Carl Eller, tied for 18th all time and being credited with 3 sacks for Seattle in 1979.

Dwight Freeney is 26th all-time and also had 3 sacks for Seattle in 2017.

The top-sacker affiliated with the Seahawks was John Randle --- 23.5 sacks for Seattle among his 137.5 career and tied for 14th all-time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Green was just awesome even towards the end of his career he was still getting it done. 12.5 sack season at 33 with the 90 hawks.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I met Jacob Green about 25-30 years ago. I delivered a stack of football camp photos at Whitworth College to him have sign. I remember that he was a large friendly man.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Jacob Green was one of my all-time favorites growing up. He was so disruptive he was a pleasure to watch. Great post John.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1fkckfr1 said:
I met Jacob Green about 25-30 years ago. I delivered a stack of football camp photos at Whitworth College to him have sign. I remember that he was a large friendly man.

Very cool.

My parents took us to Disneyland at the end of the summer in 1984, and we stayed at the Anaheim Marriot. Just so happened the Seahawks were in town to play a pre-season game against the Rams that weekend and were staying there too.

My mom and I got into the elevator after lunch and Dave Brown and Jacob Green were in the elevator. I wish cell phones existed back then, because seeing my 5'1 inch mom standing next to Jacob Green inside an elevator was about the funniest thing I had ever seen at that point in my life.

My mom looks up and said "oh my, you must be one of the football players!"

Jacob laughed and said yes mam we are........gave me a high five and got off a couple floors later. Super nice guy, Dave Brown was a little more crusty lol.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3df5848b said:
oldhawkfan":3df5848b said:

Very cool.

My parents took us to Disneyland at the end of the summer in 1984, and we stayed at the Anaheim Marriot. Just so happened the Seahawks were in town to play a pre-season game against the Rams that weekend and were staying there too.

My mom and I got into the elevator after lunch and Dave Brown and Jacob Green were in the elevator. I wish cell phones existed back then, because seeing my 5'1 inch mom standing next to Jacob Green inside an elevator was about the funniest thing I had ever seen at that point in my life.

My mom looks up and said "oh my, you must be one of the football players!"

Jacob laughed and said yes mam we are........gave me a high five and got off a couple floors later. Super nice guy, Dave Brown was a little more crusty lol.

That's hilarious! Funny you mention crusty about Dave Brown...I was being shown around team headquarters by the awesome Mike Flood (before Head of PR Dave Pearson didn't like me or .NET) and Dave Brown walked by and I didn't recognize him. Mike said "Don't you know who this is? It's Dave Brown!" I was like, "Oh my! Wow!" Totally embarrassed and he just walked on by with that look like, "Whatever dude." LOL... RIP to one of the greats.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Green, Nash, & Bryant were one of the more consistently good, and overlooked, d-line groups in the 80's.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2ddpmhwd said:
Green, Nash, & Bryant were one of the more consistently good, and overlooked, d-line groups in the 80's.
100%