Corner

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
With Sherman dealing with his latest issues/stupidity;

I'm worried about the cornerback position this season.

Can someone smarter than me on defense tell me why things are 'gonna be alright' at the corner spot this season?

Or alternatively, why we're doomed? ;)

I was kinda hoping Sherm would come back early October in a mid-season signing, and he still 'could' - but I don't think that's the only puzzle piece.

Generally, from my un-educated view - I'm concerned that we're weak in coverage at corner, and with the way they use Adams (if he's managed to be resigned) - doesn't that weaken the secondary in general?

But I don't know everything - and we could be 'just fine' - although I'm sensing we're not. I just don't want to get burned burned burned on the long ball this year in the secondary.

:0190l:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Every team's corners get beat deep now and then. IF our rush plays up to the standard they did at the end last year, and we could even be improved in that aspect, opposing offenses will have less time to get open deep. If we can rush AND stop the run our corners will hold their own. Rookie Brown and Reed are both hawkish types who could produce pics for us too. The ability to get turnovers is a gamechanger. Blair back in form will make a difference too. I think our D will be much improved over the way we started last year.

notyou

Reaction score
I would like to see our corners stop the intermediate stuff that has been killing this team for years.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2al1fx0n said:
My fear is when Trey Flowers is on the field playing corner.

Agreed. So, if our corners trip up - who's a mid-ish-season FA that we could pickup? At this point, who's not Sherman?

Own The West

Reaction score
I anticipate we'll have Reed and either Witherspoon/Flowers outside depending on who has a better camp.

Ahkello Witherspoon is a bigger, stronger, longer Tre Flowers. Flowers' issues have always been mental, but he's a crazy good athlete. If either of them click this year our secondary could be one of the best in the league. History is against Flowers, but he also was putting in quality reps towards the end of last season so it could happen.

We also have Blair and Amadi who were battling for the nickel spot last year. Rookie Brown and the other journeymen we have in camp are just gravy.

As for short, underneath stuff, that is a feature of our defense. We take away the big plays and make teams play dink and dunk until they make a mistake. We've fielded several top 5 defenses this way.

I'm sure there will be some *groan* plays starting the year from our DBs though. That's football. We have a ton of talent at the position though.

My only concern is if our DL interior is going to be stout enough with Woods and Mone replacing Reed.

hawk45

Reaction score
We’ve addressed our d line on paper but I don’t trust it, and I predict our defense as currently constituted will struggle to cover. Sign Sherman and any other corners we can.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gpz9kdt said:
My fear is when Trey Flowers is on the field playing corner.

If Flowers is out on the field, one would like to think that he out compete other CBs and not because all other CBs are out due to injuries.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think we're in pretty good shape. Witherspoon, Brown and Reed all have really high ceilings, and Flowers can play at times. I expect Witherspoon to be a pro bowl caliber player.