Can we get Sherman for cheap now?

W

Welshers

Not in any way shape or form condoning what he did or saying it was a good thing. We don't really know a ton of the details but obviously he seems to be accused of breaking the law and doing some bad stuff. BUT lets be realistic. Pete and John have a track record of hiring guys with criminal history. Could this mess up by Sherm actually mean we get him for a cheap price now? You have to think this world hurt his free agency price. Maybe Seattle will be willing to give him a chance because of their history and we get him back for cheap

sutz

Reaction score
We need another Sherman thread? :34853_doh:

But in answer, I doubt he signs anywhere now. This is some serious stuff going on, and it looks bad for Sherm.

Sad to see, because like many I liked the guy a lot. Hard to see him in a situation like this, but it sounds from what I've heard/seen he's is largely to blame for it. I really don't think the Seahawks will sign him.

Additionally, this is the kind of thing that will likely drag on for many months.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yes we probably could get him for cheap. Even cheaper than before.

But we as a team would only do that for Sherm to be in actually less of an insurance role and more of a mentoring role based on his 2020 performance.

RN we have a guy who's not on our roster said officially to have been suicidal, injured another officer and gotten bit by his dog after fightng cops over a house he had no right to be in after he totaled his car on WDOT property and ran away.

Sherm is of no use to any team right now. You could make that the Houston Texans and they'd still have league standards. If he's not going to get happily ever after with Ashlee then there are still two kids they both have to parent. That needs to be the first thing and like always it's been disregarded in public parental drama.

LTH

Reaction score
I just wish the guy good luck... I THINK Sherm is a decent guy... don't know for sure but I just hope he gets his SH!T together for his kids...

LTH

94Smith

Reaction score
Not sure any team is going to want to sign him for what he will want. His calves have been a chronic issue since he tore his Achilles.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well the league is going to do it's normal suspension stuff also, he may be out for a while for substances, DV, and whatever else they want to use as a tarnish the shield you pay, they have hit him hard for things he proved to be innocent of in the past.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The commish is still Goodell. If the Seahawks were to sign Sherm he would immediately get suspended for life. His only hope to ever play again (now) is to sign with somebody else and get a 3-game suspension.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17q3dxsb said:
The commish is still Goodell. If the Seahawks were to sign Sherm he would immediately get suspended for life. His only hope to ever play again (now) is to sign with somebody else and get a 3-game suspension.

Seems pretty harsh for a guy who's only other league violation was overturned because of a tainted sample.

Sherman's obviously lost and dealing with bigger personal issues than football right now, for that reason alone I wouldn't sign him. He's not in a good place to come in here, play well and not be disruptive.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I think he might be done after this incident.

hawk45

Reaction score
In terms of NFL transgressions this is weak tea. Sign him for a friendly deal

JPatera76

Reaction score
Can the NFL even technically do anything? He’s not under contract, nor with a team.. so my assumption is here the NFL has no ground to do anything. Suspension? For what if he’s not on a team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JPatera76":10ruk8vx said:
Can the NFL even technically do anything? He’s not under contract, nor with a team.. so my assumption is here the NFL has no ground to do anything. Suspension? For what if he’s not on a team.

Lots of guys have been suspended while not on a roster, or after being cut. Remember Azeem Victor? High pick of the Raiders, spent some time on our practice squad, etc. He was suspended 10 games in 2019 without being on anyone's roster.

As long as Richard's not officially retired and still a member of the NFLPA, then he's under the umbrella of the league's conduct and suspension policies.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t5ji4ebn said:
JPatera76":t5ji4ebn said:

Lots of guys have been suspended while not on a roster, or after being cut. Remember Azeem Victor? High pick of the Raiders, spent some time on our practice squad, etc. He was suspended 10 games in 2019 without being on anyone's roster.

As long as Richard's not officially retired and still a member of the NFLPA, then he's under the umbrella of the league's conduct and suspension policies.
Oh wow, that I didn’t know. Hmm interesting to see how this all plays out then. I for one hope he takes the year off and focuses on his mental health

Own The West

Reaction score
Why would we sign him? Even if he wasn't a lockerroom cancer, having lower leg problems, and due a suspension; why would we put a 33 year old in decline on the field to take reps from our young stable of CBs?

Reed, Witherspoon, and Flowers are all free agents at the end of the year so we need to figure out who we will keep. It's not the time to run out some vet retread. If everyone's hurt by week 12 and Sherman's cleared to play then maybe, but you're not getting 2012-2015 Richard Sherman either way.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
full disclosure: LOVED Sherm. Hated Sherm. Don't mind him now - wanted him back mid-season actually.

But, after viewing the video of the door attempted knockdown, and if you go back and view the Erin Andrews/Crabtree video, and then look at some of the videos of him on the sidelines, not just during the Owl loss, but of him chastising other players and coaches -

Well, I wish him well. If ya put everything in context - I hope he gets some help for some of his demons.

If he's 'cleared' mentally for mid-season and we needed him - great - but other than that - I think the dude needs to heal up mentally and get some stuff dealt with.

It's a shame - he really was my absolute fav player post-holmgren that broke the 'teddy bear' mold/persona for me, but what I saw in the video(s) - well - not good....

Honestly - I just keep wondering WTF happens IF he makes it through that door!

I also want to see the SUV.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don’t think playing football is high on the list of priorities for Sherm now.

He’s obviously dealing with some things that take an immediate need over football.

More than likely his football career in the NFL is done.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":wx7z42za said:
I don’t think playing football is high on the list of priorities for Sherm now.

He’s obviously dealing with some things that take an immediate need over football.

More than likely his football career in the NFL is done.

33yrs old you don't come back after a year off, he was never a speedster anyway and his legs have had issues. If he can't get back this year he will retire. Also has 5 charges he has to deal with, all misdemeanors, I am sure he can lawyer up enough to handle them. League is going to do something as well, it may be a partial season for him.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Was just thinking the same thing. I really think he would help the younger secondary guys learn Pete’s system. And he might just make a play or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
I am not at all sure Sherm is coach material, he could be a media personally.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Spohawks

Reaction score
Some one who has really kept up on his play, please answer this...
Would he start or just be a rotational player for the hawks?