Training Camp (spectating practice)

pmedic920

Reaction score
Who has tickets, when are you going?

Anyone want to go but unable to snag tickets?

Back in the day, I used to go on the regular when it was in the east. Never been since it got moved to the west.

Is there any player interaction with fans, any opportunity to get things signed?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
pmedic920":3jq7dc1t said:

Back in the day, I used to go on the regular when it was in the east. Never been since it got moved to the west.

Is there any player interaction with fans, any opportunity to get things signed?

Sucks since they moved it out of Cheney. I used to go 2-3 times a week. The players were more accessible and it was just a better fan friendly experience. Went once to the VMAC. The whole experience made me feel like I was a piece of meat as part of a cattle drive. They move you in and out with very little freedom of movement. In Cheney, a person could walk the perimeter of practice. Feel like watching the oline? Head to that part of the field and watch from the fence with players 10-15 yards away. Get enough of that and head to the other side of the field and watch the RB drills. It really wasn’t any different than going to watch any local HS team practice. They were that close and accessible. To go from the practice field to the locker room, players had to traverse a gauntlet of fans asking for autographs. You could really get a sense of players personalities in their willingness and abilities to interact with fans. I remember the year Michael Bumpas was a rookie. He seemed extremely grateful for the opportunity to be there. At the VMAC, fans have to jockey for position along the fence and hope a few players make it their way.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":19vfkyou said:
pmedic920":19vfkyou said:

Sucks since they moved it out of Cheney. I used to go 2-3 times a week. The players were more accessible and it was just a better fan friendly experience. Went once to the VMAC. The whole experience made me feel like I was a piece of meat as part of a cattle drive. They move you in and out with very little freedom of movement. In Cheney, a person could walk the perimeter of practice. Feel like watching the oline? Head to that part of the field and watch from the fence with players 10-15 yards away. Get enough of that and head to the other side of the field and watch the RB drills. It really wasn’t any different than going to watch any local HS team practice. They were that close and accessible. To go from the practice field to the locker room, players had to traverse a gauntlet of fans asking for autographs. You could really get a sense of players personalities in their willingness and abilities to interact with fans. I remember the year Michael Bumpas was a rookie. He seemed extremely grateful for the opportunity to be there. At the VMAC, fans have to jockey for position along the fence and hope a few players make it their way.
I totally cherish those days.
The fan experience was incredibly perfect.
I still have cap that has Jim Zorn, Steve Largent, Norm Jonson, Ron Essink, and Jacob Green’s signatures on it. Not sure what year it was though, probably could figure it out with some research. I don’t think they all played together very many years.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We are going on Tuesday, August 10th. Looking forward to getting out there again. Gotta' at least hit one of these a year.