Seahawks willing to make Jamal Adams the highest-paid safety

sutz

Reaction score
And the bad news is that this is just the starting point of the negotiations. :twisted:

Mainly, I'm just kidding, and it does sound like they are talking seriously and not just staying in their corners being stubborn. IAE, I have faith that JS can get this done.

:snack:

massari

Reaction score
We already knew this once they gave up the king's ransom to acquire him

Question is are they offering $16M, and does he want $20M?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I love having Jamal Adams on the team

That being said IF he is not re-signed it should go down as the worst trade in Seahawks history.

Torc

Reaction score
At least he can't (legitimately) play the "disrespect" card.

seabowl

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3nfdjhhd said:

That being said IF he is not re-signed it should go down as the worst trade in Seahawks history.

Sorry but no.

Trading the second pick in the draft to Dallas for a later first and 3 seconds whereas Dallas took wi that pick....

Tony Dorsett

and Hawks got peanuts with their picks was worse. On top of that Hawks then took one of the lower picks they got and traded it to the Niners who selected.....

Joe Montana

They will never make a worse trade then this.

Lastly, JS is no dummy and they will 100% re-sign Adams

nanomoz

Reaction score
Reading between the lines, this suggests to me that Jamal doesn't think being the highest-paid safety is enough.

Knowing how John and Pete work, there's not really any other reason to leak this info (that I can think of).

chris98251

Reaction score
seabowl":7v06hhjn said:
JayhawkMike":7v06hhjn said:

Sorry but no.

Trading the second pick in the draft to Dallas for a later first and 3 seconds whereas Dallas took wi that pick....

Tony Dorsett

and Hawks got peanuts with their picks was worse. On top of that Hawks then took one of the lower picks they got and traded it to the Niners who selected.....

Joe Montana

Not in quality as much as creating a very long confrontational situation./

Kelly Stoufffer for Kenny Easily, Butt pass Kelly never even made a blip and was quickly replaced after given the torch and failing badly. Kenny failed his physical, they found out why, Kidney Failure and sent him back, he was shocked as well since he didn't know it was do to pumping him with Tylenol and pain killers, the Doctors did however and team when they tried to trade him. Why he had a grudge for so long after against us.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
And the headaches and nightmares associated with that insane trade starts now.

LTH

Reaction score
JA reminds me of the tom cruise movie where he iis an agent and his only client is like SHOW ME THE MONEY BABY!!!

LOL

LTH

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2568big2 said:
seabowl":2568big2 said:
JayhawkMike":2568big2 said:

Sorry but no.

Tony Dorsett

Joe Montana

Not in quality as much as creating a very long confrontational situation./

Kelly Stoufffer for Kenny Easily, Butt pass Kelly never even made a blip and was quickly replaced after given the torch and failing badly. Kenny failed his physical, they found out why, Kidney Failure and sent him back, he was shocked as well since he didn't know it was do to pumping him with Tylenol and pain killers, the Doctors did however and team when they tried to trade him. Why he had a grudge for so long after against us.
Pretty sure it was ibuprofen, acetaminophen is metabolized via the liver but your point stands nonetheless.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Jamal will want north of 20 per year. I hope the salary cap goes through the roof in the future cause his contract and Russ new one will basically force the team to hit on most draft picks. Unless they plan to ship Russ after this year if the hawks don’t do much.

I like Adam’s but I don’t think he will be able to play all 17 every year. And he can’t really cover anyone. Also his hands are made of stone. I would just make him a linebacker and put a safety back there who can cover since it’s really a passing league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Adams has been a Pro Bowl player every season he has been in the league.

He is a positive difference maker, he will get paid even though a few on this site want to trade him away for peanuts so they can say “I told you so, it was bad trade, blah, blah, blah.”

For sure he was an expensive addition but he is demonstrably an exceptional player.

Git ‘er dun!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":fuqio15n said:

He is a positive difference maker, he will get paid even though a few on this site want to trade him away for peanuts so they can say “I told you so, it was bad trade, blah, blah, blah.”

For sure he was an expensive addition but he is demonstrably an exceptional player.

Git ‘er dun!
This is where I'm at, if he had come in and done nothing I could understand the hate more. I know its an expensive deal and not the tidiest of fits but he's a great player and I feel hes only going to get better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":18whba33 said:

Git ‘er dun!

John and Pete knew the minute they pulled the trigger on the trade for Adams that this day would come that they'd have to give him the monster extension he wants.

Now did they anticipate two major shoulder surgeries this past off season making them super nervous about 65M+ and 35M guaranteed to surpass Justin Simmon's contract?

Nope.

IMO what's going on now is not even this, it's the fact that Adams and his agent want to break the mold of Adam's ONLY surpassing Simmons as the highest paid safety. They want LB/DE money because of all the sacks.

But that's not how the league's salary structures work, Adams is a safety, so if I had to guess the contract will fall somewhere in the 16-18M a year range. Maybe an extra 500k-1M for being a special player/sacks, etc. But no way in hell John wants to be the GM to betray the decades old positional group salary structure.

Tical21

Reaction score
massari":cd5m363f said:

I'd guess more than that. Warner just got 19APY, and I think Adams will want to be above that. I think he wants to be paid like a top-10 defensive players, 22APY range, and settles for 20.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd just like to have this deal done so the kvetching can end and the distraction is eliminated.

How ever much he is paid he has demonstrated he is a quality player and worth a significantly large contract. I'm sure the team has thought long and hard over this and have let Adams know they are prepared to pay him well. Speculating on the number is simply speculation, but it should be more than $16 M/ p.a.

Just get it done!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Tical21":u3y1639a said:
massari":u3y1639a said:

I'd guess more than that. Warner just got 19APY, and I think Adams will want to be above that. I think he wants to be paid like a top-10 defensive players, 22APY range, and settles for 20.

Can you give me examples of other big contracts that surpassed other big contracts in different position groups?

Everyone keeps pointing to Warner's deal as the benchmark for Adams now, but I don't think that's the way the league's ever operated.

Adams is a safety, no matter how he and his agent like it or not, and he'll be paid as such.

Remember Jimmy Graham trying to call himself a super WR or whatever to get away from the lower TE salary structure? Didn't work.

I just don't see it, so if someone can give me examples of players breaking bank off of other position groups max salaries, I'm all ears.

xray

Reaction score
Bobby's going to be pissed if Adam's contract is as much as his .