WR Dede Westbrook To Visit Seahawks

massari

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/1418691226644135940[/tweet]
Aside from emerging as quality complementary receiver, Westbrook shined on special teams for the Jaguars. During the 2018 and 2019 seasons, he returned 42 punts for 398 yards and a touchdown, averaging nearly 10 yards per return.

[youtube]T73zK8AezVI[/youtube]

Torc

Reaction score
Nope, we drafted someone to compete for the 3rd WR spot.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Yes, another receiver WAS a better choice than getting a well regarded new Center in Creed Humphrey. I think we look back on this one in a few years with regret.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Here comes the over-reaction.

It was a scheduled visit. Kicking the tires.

Do people here honestly think that a late second rounder being taken immediately means the front office stops trying to improve a spot? What a loser ass mindset. That's how Madden works, not the NFL (at most positions).

Keep all that pearl-clutching over a visit in mind when having an unpleasant flashback to Malik Turner dropping a wide open ball against the Packers a couple years back. Injuries happen. Shit happens. I have no idea how some still ignore the concept of "depth."

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2qxi69bt said:

Do people here honestly think that a late second rounder being taken immediately means the front office stops trying to improve a spot? What a loser ass mindset. That's how Madden works, not the NFL (at most positions).

Keep all that pearl-clutching over a visit in mind when having an unpleasant flashback to Malik Turner dropping a wide open ball against the Packers a couple years back. Injuries happen. $h!t happens. I have no idea how some still ignore the concept of "depth."

Injuries are the problem, and if one happens during the week, P&J will need to pull a player off the street, quickly. In such a scenario, it would possibly be Dede Westbrook.

They must keep their available player database updated. Remember last year? DJ Reed? They knew who he was, and he soon as he became available, they dropped the hammer.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Not a bad deal, but sounds like Minny was his #1 choice because Vikes WR coach Keenan McCardell is a father figure to him
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/1419403859118657541[/tweet]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":215q5obk said:
Yes, another receiver WAS a better choice than getting a well regarded new Center in Creed Humphrey. I think we look back on this one in a few years with regret.

Few years? I regretted it the second it happened.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3aaa94wq said:

Keep all that pearl-clutching over a visit in mind when having an unpleasant flashback to Malik Turner dropping a wide open ball against the Packers a couple years back. Injuries happen. $h!t happens. I have no idea how some still ignore the concept of "depth."

You really need to switch to decaf. Reread the posts in this thread and then yours. I’m a little embarrassed for you.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":ysmwq66n said:
Maelstrom787":ysmwq66n said:

You really need to switch to decaf. Reread the posts in this thread and then yours. I’m a little embarrassed for you.

Couldn't give a shit, pal.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not the same person. Just a couple of fans voicing concerns about the FOs ineptness.

Maulbert

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":iz9na6jv said:
Not the same person. Just a couple of fans voicing concerns about the FOs ineptness.

You want inept? Look at the Mariners. Traded away their best reliever the day after he contributed to the team's best win in literal years to the VERY SAME divisional foe they beat in that game.

That's bloody ineptitude.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Maulbert":gualg6ey said:
pittpnthrs":gualg6ey said:

You want inept? Look at the Mariners. Traded away their best reliever the day after he contributed to the team's best win in literal years to the VERY SAME divisional foe they beat in that game.

Not a Mariners fan but cant argue with you there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":2k0ffuvc said:
pittpnthrs":2k0ffuvc said:

The reason I don't even follow them anymore, AAAA farm club for the league and have been for 20 years or so since Lou and Pat left.

Reaction score
Maulbert":amawnfrj said:
pittpnthrs":amawnfrj said:

And once the dust settled they ended up with an even better reliever in Diego Castillo (at least historically - this year has been Graveman's best) - who is also under team control for a couple more years (Graveman is a Free Agent after this year).

The one thing about the trade is that it was out of the blue and messed with team chemistry and psyche.....so that may still blow up in their faces.