Best Seahawk individual game performances ever

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to list the best individual game performances ever by a Hawk. I'll start with one of my favorites and one that has probably been forgotten:

12/18/88 Hawks at Raiders (last game of the regular season). Whoever wins goes to the playoffs and the losers season is over.

John L Williams
14 rushed 59 yards
7 catches 180 yards and a touchdown

Krieg had a great game too but Williams led that team to victory that day with his long runs after the catch. I remember being sooo happy that they won and were in the playoffs.

Final score: Hawks 43 Raiders 37

What performance sticks out to you?

kidhawk

Reaction score
For me personally, I think I have to go with Alexander scoring 5 first half TDs vs the Vikings in 2002. It helps that I was able to be at that game, but it truly was phenomenal to watch.

24 rushes | 139 yards | 4 td RUSHING

3 rec | 92 yds| 1 td RECEIVING

themunn

Reaction score
It doesn't show up as strong on the stat sheet as some of his other games, but Russell Wilson vs Atlanta in 2012 playoffs.

24/36 for 385 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int (on last second hail mary), 7 rushes for 60 yards

Still an awesome statline, but watching him that day, the Falcons literally could not stop him in the 2nd half - his first 10 passes in the 2nd half, 10/10 185 yards and 1 TD.

Perhaps only his near perfect game against the Rams comes close.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
2001, Shaun Alexander runs for 266 yards and 3tds vs the Raiders in the last AFC West divisional matchup before moving to the NFC. Was a pure treat seeing Shaun burst through the holes the OL provided and add more yards with his vision.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
kidhawk":i4pemmj5 said:
For me personally, I think I have to go with Alexander scoring 5 first half TDs vs the Vikings in 2002. It helps that I was able to be at that game, but it truly was phenomenal to watch.

24 rushes | 139 yards | 4 td RUSHING

3 rec | 92 yds| 1 td RECEIVING

My favorite football quote of all time. "The Seahawks won the toss and elected to kick the bejeezus out of the Vikings". It blows my mind that my favorite quote comes from one of my least favorite announcers.

Maulbert

Reaction score
It was against replacement players, but anyone remember this game?

Steve Largent sets franchise records with 15 catches for 261 yards and catches three of Jeff Kemp's four touchdown passes in a 37-14 victory over the Detroit Lions at the Silverdome in the final game played with replacement players during the NFL players' strike. Largent, Kemp, center Blair Bush and inside linebacker Fredd Young, who has 13.5 tackles, rejoined the team just before the strike was settled. Asked after the game why he had not used double coverage on Largent, Lions coach Darryl Rogers offers, "Why embarrass two guys when you can just embarrass one?"

https://www.seahawks.com/news/on-th...-embarrasses-lions-replacement-players-135796

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Russell Wilson made a lot of new fans north of the border in a game against the Bills in Toronto..

"The rookie quarterback rushed for three TDs and threw for another as Seattle steamrolled past the Buffalo Bills 50-17 on Sunday afternoon. It marked the second straight week the Seahawks had scored 50 or more points, making them just the third NFL team ever accomplish the feat and first since 1950."

I remember that game as the Russell Wilson show.

gobosgumbo518

Reaction score
themunn":3vj7qbbq said:
It doesn't show up as strong on the stat sheet as some of his other games, but Russell Wilson vs Atlanta in 2012 playoffs.

24/36 for 385 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int (on last second hail mary), 7 rushes for 60 yards

Still an awesome statline, but watching him that day, the Falcons literally could not stop him in the 2nd half - his first 10 passes in the 2nd half, 10/10 185 yards and 1 TD.

Perhaps only his near perfect game against the Rams comes close.

Julio Jones interception?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks, SND; that was a good review of Lofa's time with us and some of the qualities that made him fun to watch for several years.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Yeah bro, I love Lofa, he was one of the few who was equally all heart and all brain.

Here, however, is the goat, to which Russ and Walt are 1b

[youtube]ffqGjVyfwws[/youtube]

JustTheTip

Reaction score
SNDavidson":vqocgu6q said:
Yeah bro, I love Lofa, he was one of the few who was equally all heart and all brain.

I disagree with Walt being 1b to anybody.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3kbdusi0 said:
Kam Chancellor super bowl 48.

Should have been MVP

Why? Because his big hit set the tone? Smiths day was better than anyone.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
JustTheTip":f2o1dege said:
SNDavidson":f2o1dege said:

I disagree with Walt being 1b to anybody.

I get it, for me, reason it is not 1 and 2, but 1a 1b is context.

Look at Tez's teams, Look at Walt's teams

Look at LT - an absolutely premier position, Walt was the best

Look at DT - an important position, takes more to be impactful, makes Aaron Donald look like a college player

Walt eliminated the left side pressure

Tez changed entire games, on poopy teams, dominated them, took them over completely, routinely

Both equally deserving of the most respect possible, Walt a technician, Tez an absolute freak

nanomoz

Reaction score
seabowl":2nh30hoq said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2nh30hoq said:
Kam Chancellor super bowl 48.

Should have been MVP

Why? Because his big hit set the tone? Smiths day was better than anyone.

Kam Chancellor had more impact on that game than any other player, to my eyes. Denver's whole offense was discombobulated by his physicality. It was something to behold.

I think Walter Jones in the NFC Championship against Carolina is another obvious choice. I know there aren't a bunch of sexy stats that go along with offensive line play, but he destroyed some great players lined up across from him over and over again.

BASF

Reaction score
Later in the thread than I thought it would be, but the Monday night game in which Holmgren faced off against his old team turned into a demonstration of how a DT could dominate a game. Tez, who was starting to show signs of slowing down, took the Green Bay plans and stomped on them. His three TFLs, his three sacks (including a strip sack) were attention grabbers, but his quick turn toward Favre on at least two occasions forced interceptions. Kennedy showed he still had it in that game and I loved every minute of it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
BASF":1mx88lfm said:
Later in the thread than I thought it would be, but the Monday night game in which Holmgren faced off against his old team turned into a demonstration of how a DT could dominate a game. Tez, who was starting to show signs of slowing down, took the Green Bay plans and stomped on them. His three TFLs, his three sacks (including a strip sack) were attention grabbers, but his quick turn toward Favre on at least two occasions forced interceptions. Kennedy showed he still had it in that game and I loved every minute of it.

I remember that game and it was one of my top ten as a fan because it showed we can match up with the best. Honestly I can’t remember Tez’s performance but sounds like he had a monster game. I see distinctly recall Mayes catching a TD and faking the Lambeau Leap.