This years team can be "special"

Chawker

Reaction score
If all goes well.

One player the Seahawks need to cut ties with is Rasheem Green DE, he has under performed for to long. With the addition made to this year team, like Aldon Smith and other this makes Greens days number here in Seattle. Rashaad Penny is another player that should of been traded for a can of spam. I know Pete is a penny fan and hes alway talking him up, but the truth is for one reason or another (hes had his chances) he too has under performed.

Look for the hawks to address this penny issue in next years draft.

Travis Toivonen WR I don't know if you are aware of his size ? 6'3" 247 ppounds !!! if he makes the team the guys going to be a load for secondary defense men to deal with.

I love our TE players Everett, Dissly and Parkinson.

These just have something "Special" about them.

Cheers

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
If you want to get rid of Green, you need to mention Collier too.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":1m6hv9lk said:
If all goes well.

One player the Seahawks need to cut ties with is Rasheem Green DE, he has under performed for to long. With the addition made to this year team, like Aldon Smith and other this makes Greens days number here in Seattle. Rashaad Penny is another player that should of been traded for a can of spam. I know Pete is a penny fan and hes alway talking him up, but the truth is for one reason or another (hes had his chances) he too has under performed.

Travis Toivonen WR I don't know if you are aware of his size ? 6'3" 247 ppounds !!! if he makes the team the guys going to be a load for secondary defense men to deal with.

Cheers

What do Green and Penny actually take away from the team?

Also, how has Green underperformed? What were the realistic expectations of his level of play?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Green going into his 4th year with the team and is still one of the youngest players on the team, let him mature.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Anajimmc":eh9m2u89 said:
Green going into his 4th year with the team and is still one of the youngest players on the team, let him mature.

I was just going to say. 4th year. Dude got here at age 20. He has been in plenty of plays that go unaddressed because he was the second man off a second block etc . Plus he has played in and out on defensive line. Not worried about him. Find someone else to pick on. Oh and give it up on penny too. Has never had a solid chance to start and when he did played great for a stretch of games before injury. Stop tying 1st round to automatic greatness. Plenty of players from later rounds become stars and plenty of players from early rounds never develop. You guys just dont give anyone a chance and wanna quit on them early.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Chawker":n7q2nveg said:
If all goes well.

Cheers

Counting on Aldon Smith to play is a lot like counting on Josh Gordon. It'd be great if he did, but I wouldn't be making personnel decisions based on the idea that Smith will be available.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that we will be pleasantly surprised at both the contributions of Penny and Smith this year.

Green, not so much, so he may be on the bubble come the final cutdown. If someone else plays better then that player deserves the roster spot.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":mnjrjqb6 said:
I'm of the opinion that we will be pleasantly surprised at both the contributions of Penny and Smith this year.

Green, not so much, so he may be on the bubble come the final cutdown. If someone else plays better then that player deserves the roster spot.

I'll be ecstatic if Smith shows a sizable fraction of his former self, but I would go into every single week of practice game planning around him not being there.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":3j7qog9u said:
onanygivensunday":3j7qog9u said:

I'll be ecstatic if Smith shows a sizable fraction of his former self, but I would go into every single week of practice game planning around him not being there.

This is my take too. I'm just acting like he isnt even on the team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chawker":146cjroc said:
If all goes well.

Isn't this every year?

I actually like the makeup of our team this year. But it's a very veteran team, especially on the D and O-line, and that comes with a high risk of injury or wearing down probability.

So while I expect us to come out of the gate playing well, sustaining that level of play is what I'll be watching for as the season goes along.

But as far as talent and depth? I think this is one of the deepest rosters we've had in a while.

xray

Reaction score
The ability to be special could apply to a dozen or so teams every year . The Hawks were special last year for half the season ; then they weren't . Too early to predict anything . IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Until November it's always a crap shoot to predict the Seahawks, we ramped up the first part of the season last year, a divergence from our usual trend, then crashed on the offensive side while the defense improved. Typically we are .500 the first part under Carroll and then ramp up the last 8 games.

What do we do with a new OC this year?

Health will be the tell all of course, we seem to have guys step up and fill in or sign that help every year also, but the timing is key.

Jville

Reaction score
xray":1t1bdtrf said:
The ability to be special could apply to a dozen or so teams every year . The Hawks were special last year for half the season ; then they weren't . Too early to predict anything . IMO

Limiting ones view to the offensive unit only is really restrictive. It's not really team oriented. I would think it might be like wearing blinders. A more expanded 2020 team view saw the defensive play recover well in the second half of the year. Special Teams was stellar thru out most of the year. And there were well played games turned in by opponents.

Although, it should be acknowledge, that having eyes only for the offense is a much more expansive experience than being unable to appreciate any position beyond that of the quarter back position .... IMO.

I read many blinder views on this forum. Being able to see the whole team and the distinct phases of each season completes the fan experience and makes each team special.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Great idea! If we get rid of every player who isn't an all-pro then by definition our roster will be composed of entirely all-pros.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":1jht5r3n said:
Great idea! If we get rid of every player who isn't an all-pro then by definition our roster will be composed of entirely all-pros.

And we would be playing 5 on 11 football. That could be mildly entertaining for 30 seconds.

Latest posts