Russell Wilson runs his first QB sneak as a Seahawk??

Seymour

Reaction score
Not positive on this, but to memory I believe it was. It's always bugged me they never attempt this when others like Brady constantly run it with success. It is clearly a Pete thing, but possibly Pete is turning over a new leaf this season??

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think you are right about this. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t run a sneak with him. I always kind of thought it was maybe because he was considered too short. At least for a sneak. Those taller guys have a longer reach.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I don't remember another one & made that comment to my wife when it happened.

sutz

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3rb0t93g said:
I think you are right about this. I’ve always wondered why they didn’t run a sneak with him. I always kind of thought it was maybe because he was considered too short. At least for a sneak. Those taller guys have a longer reach.
Yeah, I don't remember them running a sneak with Russ in there. Curious. While Russ is short, he has a low center of gravity. He's also pretty strong, I think deceptively so.

Actually liked it. :2thumbs:

AgentDib

Reaction score
BASF":3i600519 said:
He ran one last season at the goal line against the Bills for a touchdown.
Yep, 4th and 1 with 6:45 left in the 2nd quarter and he snuck up the middle for a TD. He's done it a handful of times of times over the years: in 2012 against the rams (9/30), a couple times in 2013 against the 49ers (9/15), and so on.

Brady has done 46 QB sneaks over the same period and so compared to that it's true Russ doesn't do it very often.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":3mqe1du8 said:
BASF":3mqe1du8 said:
He ran one last season at the goal line against the Bills for a touchdown.
Yep, 4th and 1 with 6:45 left in the 2nd quarter and he snuck up the middle for a TD. He's done it a handful of times of times over the years: in 2012 against the rams (9/30), a couple times in 2013 against the 49ers (9/15), and so on.

Brady has done 46 QB sneaks over the same period and so compared to that it's true Russ doesn't do it very often.
One against Dallas is in my mind but not sure.