Pete and 10am games.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":372ijw0m said:
Shanegotyou11":372ijw0m said:
12 and 1 in last thirteen 10am games. He sure killed that curse huh?
Domination!
I loved Holmy but he never could figure the 10am starts out.
Pete and crew solved it.

Exactly. I used to fear the 10am games. Now? Im like....lets go!

seabowl

Reaction score
It’s the players that killed the curse not the coach. See what happens when you get good players?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's impressive. I know Pete bashing is popular, and yes I've been one who has done my share. But......getting these guys prepared like he has is not just on the players. Him and his coaching staff absolutely have plenty to do with it.

BASF

Reaction score
seabowl":385d1jgp said:
It’s the players that killed the curse not the coach. See what happens when you get good players?

From '83 to '90 we had a ton of good players and several great players. We sucked in 10am games.

From '99 to '07 we had a bunch of good players and several great players. We sucked in 10am games.

I did a huge analysis more than a decade ago tracking the west coast teams traveling to the east coast and how much of an advantage it is the difference there is. The records for each team was poor in 10am games, but was better in night games on the east coast. It is because the bodies are used to a peak performance at a different time.

However, Pete has gotten the best out of our players earlier.

seabowl

Reaction score
BASF":133bt9nr said:
seabowl":133bt9nr said:

From '83 to '90 we had a ton of good players and several great players. We sucked in 10am games.

From '99 to '07 we had a bunch of good players and several great players. We sucked in 10am games.

I did a huge analysis more than a decade ago tracking the west coast teams traveling to the east coast and how much of an advantage it is the difference there is. The records for each team was poor in 10am games, but was better in night games on the east coast. It is because the bodies are used to a peak performance at a different time.

Agree that we had some good players during the periods you mention however NONE were the caliber of RW and none had the LOB. Not saying Pete hasn't been good for the starts but the players are the big difference.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Every game is a championship opportunity.

This mentality Pete emphasizes is also a reason why his teams have had success on Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games.

BASF

Reaction score
seabowl":1o8m2b50 said:
BASF":1o8m2b50 said:
seabowl":1o8m2b50 said:

Agree that we had some good players during the periods you mention however NONE were the caliber of RW and none had the LOB. Not saying Pete hasn't been good for the starts but the players are the big difference.

The LOB was five years ago. We have won eleven of our last twelve games. How many of those do you think the LOB was there for?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
BASF":173tcttr said:
seabowl":173tcttr said:
BASF":173tcttr said:
seabowl":173tcttr said:

The LOB was five years ago. We have won eleven of our last twelve games. How many of those do you think the LOB was there for?

I never watch any games but I'll go with ZERO.

What did I win?

chris98251

Reaction score
seabowl":1nqf822v said:

So all those years under Holmgren and Knox we had shitty players.

Super Bowl appearance under Holmgren with Shitty players I guess also........

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
In the UK we have something called the 7 ps. Proper preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance.

The day I really noticed that the Seahawks subscribed to this was the Lindon game. As someone in the crowd for that one I should have been nervous but you could see how much better prepped Seattle was. They embarrassed the Raiders.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Of course the players have a lot to do with it, but it's been said we had plenty of talented players back in the 80's and 00's that were perfectly capable of winning a lot of 10AM games but the biggest difference - and Luke Willson mentioned this Sunday night - it's how they leave a day early to get the team adjusted to the time change. They leave on Friday, get a good night's rest, go through their walk through and planning Saturday, so by the time the game comes on Sunday they are all ready to go. We clearly see the proof that this works.

For some reason, Holmgren didn't do that at all to my knowledge. Nor the coaches before.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk:31elwq5e said:
It's impressive. I know Pete bashing is popular, and yes I've been one who has done my share. But......getting these guys prepared like he has is not just on the players. Him and his coaching staff absolutely have plenty to do with it.

Coaching has been bashed routinely here but, rightfully so at times. This time I want to give credit to Waldon and Hurt for being into the game and adjusting when needed, very promising start!

Last edited:

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
12 and 1 in last thirteen 10am games. He sure killed that curse huh?
I was about to start a new thread about this but I'm glad I searched first.

I knew our record on 10am games was good in the late PC era, but I didn't realize it was this good. I have a tendency to look at these games as a high likelihood of winning though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried going in to this one.

warden

Reaction score
Pete holds most practices at ten AM PST. The players are used to playing at that time.

Single day practices in training camp under Pete 10:00 AM

Single day practices in training camp under Holmgren 1:00 PM

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Pete uses a rare psychological trick to get them ready for ten am games.

He looks them all in the eyes and says "This game is not an early game...you will perform well..."

It is an old trick used a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.