NFC West

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Hyped up for football loving the impressive win over the Colts.

Checking the standings, damn! :shock:

NFC West W L T PCT PF PA STRK
Cardinals 1 0 0 1.000 38 13 W1
Rams 1 0 0 1.000 34 14 W1
49ers 1 0 0 1.000 41 33 W1
Hawks 1 0 0 1.000 28 16 W1

The 9ers putting up 41 on the Lions isn't a real shocker but did anyone see the Cards with 38 over the Titans?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is why I've tempered my excitement for the Hawks this year, even though IMO it's the most talented roster since the SB teams.

The NFC West is just freaking brutal, barring catastrophic injuries to the other teams in our division I can't see us coming out with a chance to get the #1 or even #2 seed.

There's just 3-4 losses sitting there for all the NFC West teams beating the hell out of each other. It's going to be a bloodbath.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I was thinking about if it would be mathematically possible to have all 4 teams from a division make the playoffs? I assume it has never happened before.

Own The West

Reaction score
The Cardinals score was surprising, but the highlights showed they got a scoop and score, and there were 3-4 plays where it looked like the Titans thought those red jerseys were QB training camp pennies and didn’t want to tackle.

I’m curious to see the power rankings this week. Our entire division might be in the top 10 — it’s like the opposite of college fb…

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
iigakusei":39lyi7mk said:
I was thinking about if it would be mathematically possible to have all 4 teams from a division make the playoffs? I assume it has never happened before.

Well the new format is seven teams from each division, so it's possible all four teams could get in with one division winner and the other three wildcards.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
iigakusei":2ohu6ibg said:
With each division team playing the other three teams twice each, there's 12 losses within the division that can't be avoided.

If shared equally between the four teams, that's three losses for each team... so theoretically, all four teams could go 14-3 in a 17-game regular season.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":a080jubn said:
This is why I've tempered my excitement for the Hawks this year, even though IMO it's the most talented roster since the SB teams.

The NFC West is just freaking brutal, barring catastrophic injuries to the other teams in our division I can't see us coming out with a chance to get the #1 or even #2 seed.

There's just 3-4 losses sitting there for all the NFC West teams beating the hell out of each other. It's going to be a bloodbath.
Iron sharpens Iron. Winning a double tough division makes playoffs and Super Bowl easier.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":13c4i0re said:
iigakusei":13c4i0re said:
With each division team playing the other three teams twice each, there's 12 losses within the division that can't be avoided.

If shared equally between the four teams, that's three losses for each team... so theoretically, all four teams could go 14-3 in a 17-game regular season.
That would be a real hootenanny. 8)

94Smith

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1oile5na said:
Sgt. Largent":1oile5na said:

Iron sharpens Iron. Winning a double tough division makes playoffs and Super Bowl easier.

I don't know about that. It's nice to have the home game in the divisionals and NFC championship and if the NFC west is on the road because all the teams beat up on each other and lessened their records it will be tougher

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":mr93yo1o said:
Sgt. Largent":mr93yo1o said:

<Looks at Patriots teams who won Super Bowl playing in a crappy division>

Nah.