Geno Atkins signing? Speculation

seabowl

Reaction score
Now that week one is in the books and they would not have to guarantee a salary do the Hawks sign Geno Atkins tomorrow? The D played well but he would be good depth.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I hope they do. You can never have too many good d linemen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When Poona went down, it was the first thing I thought of. And them signing a guy after week 1 is def. something they have done in the past. I'd love to see him added to that already solid D Line.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hope Poona is OK as the team needs his contributions. I wonder whether Atkins is healthy as he hasn’t had many visits? He may still want too much. If the price was right I sure would like to see him here, and added to the interior rotation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The fact that we're now into week two and no one's signed Atkins probably means he's an emergency type of acquisition after you lose a couple interior guys.

Not that he couldn't contribute, but me thinks he's to the point in his career that he's just another guy, and not someone you want to spend 2-3M (or whatever he's waiting to make once a team gets desperate).

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":21rm5o0s said:
The fact that we're now into week two and no one's signed Atkins probably means he's an emergency type of acquisition after you lose a couple interior guys.

Not that he couldn't contribute, but me thinks he's to the point in his career that he's just another guy, and not someone you want to spend 2-3M (or whatever he's waiting to make once a team gets desperate).
I suspect his asking price might be north of that (2-3M), but I agree. Let's see what the sitch is with Poona, and even then, I'm not sure we absolutely need Atkins...yet.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ajxkli3 said:

Today is the first day to sign so as not to be on the hook for the whole years salary. Hopefully we get goods news this afternoon.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Fudwamper":1u4ssyg9 said:
Sgt. Largent":1u4ssyg9 said:

Today is the first day to sign so as not to be on the hook for the whole years salary. Hopefully we get goods news this afternoon.

Exactly my point on the original message posted.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We have made some cap space, but this could also mean we are in the market to trade for a veteran. I think more teams will be willing to make a move after two or three games.