X's & O's

Seattle Person

Reaction score
[youtube]K9lwy30Pf3Y[/youtube]

Sorry. Don't know how to embed YouTube videos on the website. Maybe someone can take the video and do it in a reply. I love watching videos about the X's and O's of how football plays work. It's something that makes me understand the little things and not get mad as much when plays don't work. As long as I can see the vision and the rationale, I'm ok most of the time. This is a decent video of what makes our offense exciting.

For years, the offense was stale...I think fans sort of put up with it because it resulted in wins or good stats at different parts. However last season, even when the offense was cooking, it was because Russell Wilson willed it to work. We got off to an amazing start but the offense looked forced. It was predictable and quite frankly it worked because we played subpar defenses. The defense eventually started to dictate when we can run and throw the ball. What the offense was, let's never turn back.

Flash forward this season and we are seeing what we're asking for. Lay ups. Mid-range. Deep 3s. It's all there. So much to think about if you're a X's and O's nerd. It's what makes D coordinators worry and stay up at night. Take the simple jet sweep from the video beginning around 10:25. Instead of Swain and Carson running this play, put in Dee Easy and a healthy Penny instead. Next time around, we can give the ball to the sweeper instead of the RB. Imagine running the same play with G. Everett/DK running the sweep but we fake it and they become a screen. Next time, Russ can roll out and we can take a deep shot or deep cross. That's the beauty of misdirection. It allows you to run multiple plays with the same look. It always help when you have talented players to do this with but the personnel can always change. We'll see multiple players doing different things. Less predictable this way.

It's not like last season when we took shots with DK and T. Lock. Really only those players can run them. I'm excited for the counters that Waldron will roll out this season. I'm excited that Russell is going through progressions that are easier to read. It's not look deep, look at the other deep guy, and then find a way... I'm excited that the O-line doesn't have to go straight back and block the whole play. Misdirection slow the pass rush down. Misdirection also take advantage of speed as well.

Be easy everyone! Hoping we look this nice the whole season. I'll have to reserve my whole judgement until we play a better defense. Really excited though.

sutz

Reaction score
https://youtu.be/[youtube]K9lwy30Pf3Y[/youtube]

We know Top Billin around here, but you should include a NSFW notice for language. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seattle Person":3q6ilib4 said:
[youtube]K9lwy30Pf3Y[/youtube]

Sorry. Don't know how to embed YouTube videos on the website. Maybe someone can take the video and do it in a reply. I love watching videos about the X's and O's of how football plays work. It's something that makes me understand the little things and not get mad as much when plays don't work. As long as I can see the vision and the rationale, I'm ok most of the time. This is a decent video of what makes our offense exciting.

For years, the offense was stale...I think fans sort of put up with it because it resulted in wins or good stats at different parts. However last season, even when the offense was cooking, it was because Russell Wilson willed it to work. We got off to an amazing start but the offense looked forced. It was predictable and quite frankly it worked because we played subpar defenses. The defense eventually started to dictate when we can run and throw the ball. What the offense was, let's never turn back.

Flash forward this season and we are seeing what we're asking for. Lay ups. Mid-range. Deep 3s. It's all there. So much to think about if you're a X's and O's nerd. It's what makes D coordinators worry and stay up at night. Take the simple jet sweep from the video beginning around 10:25. Instead of Swain and Carson running this play, put in Dee Easy and a healthy Penny instead. Next time around, we can give the ball to the sweeper instead of the RB. Imagine running the same play with G. Everett/DK running the sweep but we fake it and they become a screen. Next time, Russ can roll out and we can take a deep shot or deep cross. That's the beauty of misdirection. It allows you to run multiple plays with the same look. It always help when you have talented players to do this with but the personnel can always change. We'll see multiple players doing different things. Less predictable this way.

It's not like last season when we took shots with DK and T. Lock. Really only those players can run them. I'm excited for the counters that Waldron will roll out this season. I'm excited that Russell is going through progressions that are easier to read. It's not look deep, look at the other deep guy, and then find a way... I'm excited that the O-line doesn't have to go straight back and block the whole play. Misdirection slow the pass rush down. Misdirection also take advantage of speed as well.

Be easy everyone! Hoping we look this nice the whole season. I'll have to reserve my whole judgement until we play a better defense. Really excited though.
Welcome. I’m a fan of the topbillin’ guy, I like his breakdowns.
I imbedded your video.