Corners…

Elemas

Reaction score
Dead horse…I know. I was at the game and didn’t get the same analysis you’d get by watching on T.V. I also haven’t watched highlights or any breakdowns.

But, Reed wasn’t looking that great and Flowers is… well Flowers.

We had Wentz under pressure and he wasn’t looking all that sharp. I think our biggest threat is going to be mobile QBs that can free themselves up for passes outside of the pocket (not so much a Lamar Jackson but a Kyler Murray type). Short game D may be ok as the LBs are solid (although that’s the first game I saw Wagz not make the tackle after getting a wrap). The 8-12 yard passes have me worried. Especially given the cushion Flowers plays with.

You can make this statement for every team….but I’m hoping the Hawks shore up the coverage quick-like.

Huge jump in the rankings…the “professional” analysts like what they see.

toffee

Reaction score
I was told that with all the rule changes in recent years, the current rules favor the WRs, so in situations of one on one man coverage, WR wins most of time. We should accept that Flowers at this stage of his development is not a shut down cover, when isolated on man coverage, he will suffer more often than not but the same goes for most CBs. Flowers could function just well enough under our system 85% of every game, then he will suffer some kind of lapse which led to an ugly catch. It feels like when he start to feel good about himself during a game, he will relax?

Smellyman

Reaction score
their top two receivers were running backs with 6 each.

All corners give up plays. overall it was a very good effort.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Elemas":2q38hp62 said:
You can make this statement for every team….but I’m hoping the Hawks shore up the coverage quick-like..

Kinda hard to shore up coverage going into week two of the regular season, unless you think one of the new late CB pickups like Jones can step in and play better than Reed or Flowers.

But yes, dead horse. I don't think there's anyone on this board that doesn't think CB is our biggest weakness.

But "shore up?" Eh, that ship's sailed my friend. That's something you address in the first couple waves of free agency and the draft. Not on September 14th.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
The fact that we have 2 healthy starting corners is a blessing in and of itself. Nickel is an interesting situation. Amadi played more snaps than Blair and had more impact but not by much. We rotated a lot in week 1.

PNW

Reaction score
Weekly corner check in.....Flowers was awful, but overall the prevent D seemed to leave holes all over the field especially in the 2nd half.

K

K.J WRIGHT

Dead Flowers sucks once again...he is a flat out JOKE! Get him out of here.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Titans went right at Flowers first half, I’d say he was responsible for probably 150 pass yards today. He also took one of the worst angles on a RB while supposed to be containing I’ve ever seen on the Henry TD. Sidney Jones cannot be worse than what he brings. There is absolutely no risk of a turnover throwing his way. He gives 10 yards of cushion to begin with and then just kind of shadows his guy, hoping to not give up more after the catch. I can’t believe we went from the most aggressive, trash talking, hard hitting secondary in the NFL to…this. Almost 600 yards at home with really no resistance or effort to make a play. Until Pete forced the offense to calm down, they were on pace to give up the most yards EVER.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Yah…by “shore up” I meant you can change schemes or at a minimum get Flowers out of there.

I know a market for them doesn’t exist at this stage.

Whatever…