Watch: Breaking down Russell Wilson's 4-touchdown game again

sutz

Reaction score
About the only thing people said Russ "couldn't do" was be a pocket passer, which he basically disproved many years ago.

He had a great game. If you're looking for something to nag at, look elsewhere. :229031_shrug:

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3u8nfnmh said:
Yeah, come on John. Everyone knows how well Russ throws the deep ball. It's no secret.

if that is all you took from it, you did not watch the video, or did not [pay attention.

I will help

some here have said he does not step up in the pocket
some have said he never mani[pulates the safeties

That is just 2 of things some here have said that the video shows is plain wrong.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Russ was fantastic - did you friend on the Seahawks also confirm he played well?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Why so much need to constantly defend Russ? HIs play is adequate for that it seems.

This board generally gives him extremely high marks across the board. Because he's the most effective QB in a Hawks uniform ever, the bar is very high. Critiquing him can and should still occur when he doesn't reach his typically high standard, or does something uniquely ineffective (like throw a pick-six that wasn't the receiver's fault) or fail to see a wide-open receiver.

Those few you're most interested in trying to convince? This won't help, guaranteed! And by now, they've tuned out station John63.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't need help John. I'm fully aware that Russ is good in the pocket. Just because fans who don't like the guy decide to make up crap that doesn't exist, doesn't mean I buy it. I believe my eyes. He can pass just fine from the pocket. And nobody throws a better deep pass and with touch than he does.
Let's find some new stuff to argue about. The guy isn't perfect, he's a hell of a QB and my favorite player. But he certainly is always looking to improve. And I suspect he will. I'm coming close to just giving up on defending the guy, I know what he is. Top 3 QB in the league and a future HOF. No need to go in to long arguments anymore. It's been beaten in to the ground for years. People are not going to budge, and you know what? that's ok. It's a message board full of opinions. It's not life, it's a message board. Let's talk football, and a little less arguing.
And yes, I'm guilty of it myself.......