Not being dramatic BUT is this the beginning of the end?

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
It’s a devastating loss that sets us back…which we can’t do in this division! If we don’t reach the playoffs..is this the last season we see Russ in a Seahawks jersey?

It turned from a positive offensive scheme to negative so quickly, I just think somethings going to have to give. Is it re-build next year??

John63

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":37ogcsqv said:
It’s a devastating loss that sets us back…which we can’t do in this division! If we don’t reach the playoffs..is this the last season we see Russ in a Seahawks jersey?

It turned from a positive offensive scheme to negative so quickly, I just think somethings going to have to give. Is it re-build next year??

we scored 30 points, he had a 129 passer rating and over 300 yards. This might be the last year of Wilson which will make a lot of people happy. But this loss is on the defense period.

Somos doces

Reaction score
John63":3kqd6meb said:
ScottishHawk84":3kqd6meb said:

we scored 30 points, he had a 129 passer rating and over 300 yards. This might be the last year of Wilson which will make a lot of people happy. But this loss is on the defense period.
I think it was a complete team loss, with mistakes, penalties, and poor play calling all around. But "this loss is on the defense period" is ridiculous. Here are the Hawks' last four offensive drives:
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt
- Four plays, end of half
- Three plays, punt

A score in any one of those drives would have won the game for the Hawks.

Yes, the defense sucked just as much in the second half. But with this level of offensive ineptitude down the stretch, there's no way anyone can legitimately say this loss was completely on the defense.

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":3v5wzkr9 said:
ScottishHawk84":3v5wzkr9 said:

How about only 1 drive over 2 minutes? You really expect an average at best defense to stop Henry all game with hardly any time to rest between drives?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We certainly look like we missed KJ Wright.

He does a good job of sniffing out the screens.

And yeah, this defense combined with an offense missing Wilson ? That would be the end, by almost any definition.

We made so many mistakes today it is impossible to point to one thing. But we can still be a good team this year.

Anything less than a wildcard would be a disappointment. But anything more than a wildcard (say div game win) would probably be a miracle.

We need 5 games under our belt before we know what kind of team we have. But we don't need the same to know what kind of DC we have...we already know. So an improved offense and a good Wilson should get us to the wildcard.

But the Cards look better this year, and we look worse.

That is a problem.

John63

Reaction score
Somos doces":2f227nbx said:
John63":2f227nbx said:
ScottishHawk84":2f227nbx said:

I think it was a complete team loss, with mistakes, penalties, and poor play calling all around. But "this loss is on the defense period" is ridiculous. Here are the Hawks' last four offensive drives:
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt

Yes, the defense sucked just as much in the second half. But there's no way anyone can legitimately say this game was completely on the defense.

Ahh okay but you go into the last under 4 minutes of the game with a TD lead and your defense cant hold, you go into under a qtr with a 2 score lead, and your defense cant hold them? sorry, you got 30 points a home your defense should be able to hold them.

That said if you can blame a defense who cant stop a team from scoring with under 4 minutes or stop a team from scoring in 49 seconds or giving up 2 scores in under a qtr after your offense puts up 30 then I guess you can neve blame a defense.

could the offense have baile dont the defense yes, but they should not have had to.

here are the last 4 defensive possession of regulation
missed fg
td
downs
td

Yeah sorry While I agree the offense could have helped them out from sucking, they should not have had to.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Considering the same post has been made after every loss dating back to 2015, it's probably a bit dramatic.

cymatica

Reaction score
John63":etgwpwmx said:
Somos doces":etgwpwmx said:
John63":etgwpwmx said:
ScottishHawk84":etgwpwmx said:

- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt

Yes, the defense sucked just as much in the second half. But there's no way anyone can legitimately say this game was completely on the defense.

Ahh okay but you go into the last under 4 minutes of the game with a TD lead and your defense cant hold, you go into under a qtr with a 2 score lead, and your defense cant hold them? sorry, you got 30 points a home your defense should be able to hold them.

That said if you can blame a defense who cant stop a team from scoring with under 4 minutes or stop a team from scoring in 49 seconds or giving up 2 scores in under a qtr after your offense puts up 30 then I guess you can neve blame a defense.

could the offense have baile dont the defense yes, but they should not have had to.

missed fg
td
downs
td

Yeah sorry While I agree the offense could have helped them out from sucking, they should not have had to.

Do you understand what TOP is and how it can wear down a defense? It's not Madden

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Beginning of the end? Bro it’s week 2, and last time I checked Wilson is in his prime. You make these threads when your franchise QB looks done and is near the end.

We are fine. We are the same old Hawks. We will win around 10 games, probably make the playoffs and lose in the first or second round.

nwHawk

Reaction score
John63":2dekqbht said:
ScottishHawk84":2dekqbht said:

Same tired song, same tired result. I don’t give a rats azz about passer ratings or stats. Games aren’t won via fantasy stats. Teams win as a team, and lose as a team. Hawks had flashes on both sides, but everything seemed off today.

Somos doces

Reaction score
nwHawk":1ac5xyji said:
John63":1ac5xyji said:
ScottishHawk84":1ac5xyji said:

Same tired song, same tired result. I don’t give a rats azz about passer ratings or stats. Games aren’t won via fantasy stats. Teams win as a team, and lose as a team. Hawks had flashes on both sides, but everything seemed off today.
Agreed completely. Sadly, this was a full team loss. Attempting to pin the results on one particular unit is willfully ignorant at best.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Titans are a tough team. The schedule looks tough for the first part of the season but lightens up later in the year. The season will go or not go based on how we play against the NFC West.

I’ll take some hiccups in September/October if we can tighten the screws in November/December.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The end started after Superbowl 49. The last 7 years have been a long drawn out painful death.

Somos doces

Reaction score
John63":39eumhim said:
Somos doces":39eumhim said:
John63":39eumhim said:
ScottishHawk84":39eumhim said:

- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt

missed fg
td
downs
td

Can't disagree with the defensive failures contributing to the results — as did the drops, stupid penalties by D and O, stuffed runs, uncharacteristlcally poor play on special teams, etc. Like I said, this was a complete team loss.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2w82kl5p said:
Jerhawk":2w82kl5p said:
The end started after Superbowl 49. The last 7 years have been a long drawn out painful death.
Exactly

Hush. In Pete we trust. Now grab on to his sack and dangle.

John63

Reaction score
cymatica":17k084pz said:
John63":17k084pz said:
Somos doces":17k084pz said:
John63":17k084pz said:
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt
- Three plays, punt

missed fg
td
downs
td

Do you understand what TOP is and how it can wear down a defense? It's not Madden
Do you understand a defenses ability or inability to get off the field intact top as much as the offense? Do you understand what 2 score lead is? Do you understand u should win most of the time when u have a 2 score lead and under a qtr. Do u understand how bad a defense must be to allow a td in well under a minute? I am guessing not.

Throwdown

Reaction score
ScottishHawk84":3g257gfa said:

I really dont give a damn, I hope replacement is a guy who can get a 3rd down at a high rate tho.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
It is only the second game in a new offense. The OC is a new OC. The game was not a total blow out flop. We lost in OT. Let the team adjust and lets see what they do next few games. I am more worried about the defense that the offense. The offense has the weapons and a decent coach but had a bad game. The D coaching is questionable. We have talent but I feel they are not schemed correctly. Soooo many chunk plays (even last week). Pete’s philosophy has been don’t get burnt deep and give them the small stuff and let them make mistakes. So teams are taking what we are giving and not really making those mistakes as much.

We also need to give Tennessee some credit. They played a hard fought game and never gave up. They came in well prepared.

Not the beginning of the end but I do still worry about defense.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I don't think so. Hopefully, they look at the way this game went and see that you have to dink and dunk here and there to set up the run and long ball. I don't have all 22, so I can't really judge the OC playcalling. I suspect though, that russ had hot routes he didn't take because he really wants the bombs. Russ needs to be more disciplined in this area. It is what will force the safeties to respect the short middle, which will open up the one on one's to dk and lock. Waldron is only on his second game. This was a good time for a loss like this.

Biggest issue is that Norton is lost. He just throws out base because he seems to not have any better ideas. The titans ran the same play on us over 10 times very successfully. No adjustments were made. Same defense missed the same short middle throws every time. That is why Bobby had so many tackles.