Would you be in favor of trading Russell and rebuilding now?

Would you be in favor of trading Russell while we can and starting the rebuild now?

• Yes

Votes: 33 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 52.9%

• Total voters

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Why? He is literally the only thing worth keeping in this franchise.

You cannot build a team off Chris Carson and a bunch of good to great WRs with no QB.

The Defense is worthless. The ONLY thing you have to build on is your QB is great, your weapons are solid and you might be able to rebuild the defense with Carroll kicked to the curb.

The only reason a good or very good coach would even coach here is because he has a great QB to lure him.

You don't trade the only thing propping your whole team up.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Yes. I'm curious if offering him up now, in season would possibly get a team to loosing their grip on a lot more capital than an offseason trade? It would never happen, but maybe it should? I don't know

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If it is trading Wilson and Carroll is still at the helms, a rebuild wouldn’t be any better since Carroll cannot adapt to building a defense to counter todays NFL offenses.

It would just get worse.

Seattle can’t play defense anymore and haven’t drafted well for some time except for occasional players here and there, gonna be tough to find a QB that is at Wilson’s level and/or better when Carroll can’t even draft well anymore.

If there is someone that has to leave, it needs to be Carroll.

His outdated approached has caught up with him for years now and has lapped him repeatedly.

Gonna be a lot more frustrating games this year, and you can pretty much take that to the bank!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
With one caveat, if they wanted to sell the team - they would keep the decrepit HC past his prime, and then trade the star QB to drive sentiment against the team and remove some of the barrier to sale.

So if they trade Wilson, it would be a good sign the owners are getting ready to sell the team.

Atradees

Reaction score
New gm and new coach. They decide what stays. The drafts have been horrid. We finally build a team

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
These threads are just dumb.

He isn’t getting traded. Th we threads pop up every year when we have a bad stretch.

Please name three big name, franchise QB’s that got traded in their prime. It doesn’t happen.

Fade

Reaction score
I do not want to see Pete Carroll in charge of another rebuild. His last five years attempting to build it have been terrible enough already. It's gotten so bad that not even a HoF QB can mask it anymore. This is the team he built now he must lay in it.

When it comes time to rebuild. Pete must not be involved with it. If he is you're looking at trading your Franchise QB, and Pete as evidenced by his last 7 years here will set the team back a decade further, maybe even longer. They'd become the Lions.

Keep Russell Wilson, move on from Pete, and build a defense properly. Wilson has looked fantastic in year 1 with this scheme that Aaron Rodgers, and Matt Ryan struggled in in year1, those two went on to win the MVP in year 2 of the same scheme.

Wilson is currently #1 in the league in YPA, AYPA, completion %, 0 INTs, and Passer Rating. Not only has he been incredibly efficient he has been productive throwing 7 TDs. Not bad, when history shows QBs tend to struggle in year 1 of this system. Wilson hasn't played perfect, but he is way ahead of the curve currently.

This team is closer than some may realize. They just need a descent defense, not amazing, just descent. That can be fixed in 1 off-season with competent people making the decisions, the problem is Carroll. He cannot be in charge anymore, he has been given the chance to do so year after year. He can't do it, clearly.

Think Mike McCarthy. The Pack moved on from him (and kept their Franchise QB who is also older than Wilson.) They made 2 NFC Championship Games after stagnating for years under McCarthy. The team is tuning out Pete, and has no juice anymore. The players are not stupid, they know on defense they are getting outschemed and the players are being set up to fail. Watch the game, all you see is finger pointing.

Pete has 3 games. SF, LAR, & PIT, to show something. The fanbase is sick of it, the players are starting to tune him out, and it is only going to get worse as the weeks pass. Even the most patient of fans have lost their patience, rightfully so I might add.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I know some people are very anti-Russ, but those people need to understand how business works. Russell Wilson is the star of this team. The team is worth billions more because of having a star QB.

The Seahawks pre-Wilson was worth 995 million to 1 billion. Even after the Super Bowl win, the franchise was still hovering around 1 billion.

The franchise is now worth over 3 billion. If you think having a star QB has nothing to do with that, you’re naive. Unless you are GUARANTEED to replace Russell Wilson with another star…with no more Paul Allen this could be the difference between having a team..or not. Some people are so stubborn and close minded it hurts. Appreciate your HOF QB.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
All depends on the compensation. I'd need 3 firsts and 3 thirds, or 3 firsts, 1 third, and an above average corner to consider it. Need enough capital to position for a quarterback as well as retool the defense in a new image.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The rebuild started years ago.

The people doing the rebuild just failed and are terrible at their jobs now.

Trading Wilson would just take one of the only strengths of the team off the board and give people like Carroll the ability to squander the draft picks. There is no upside to that decision.

No good coach would want to come to a dumpsterfire with squandered draft picks and no competent QB. And Pete would quickly bow out leaving a steaming mess.

It would be horrifyingly stupid to trust Pete to fix things when he has been making them worse for almost 3 years now.

You build off your star QB, with a system built to take advantage of his strengths. You don't build on the vision of some oldman who is trying to play a version of football that is no longer relevant in the first place.

When Wilson essentially implied him or me, the right move was to support the guy that was the biggest reason you were winning - not doubling down on the old man. Trading Wilson would be doubling down on the old man. (Who is just going to get older)

iigakusei

Reaction score
As long as the guys making the trade aren't the same ones who gave up two 1sts and a 3rd for a blitzing safety.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Fade":2626vcaz said:
I do not want to see Pete Carroll in charge of another rebuild. His last five years attempting to build it have been terrible enough already. It's gotten so bad that not even a HoF QB can mask it anymore. This is the team he built now he must lay in it.

When it comes time to rebuild. Pete must not be involved with it. If he is you're looking at trading your Franchise QB, and Pete as evidenced by his last 7 years here will set the team back a decade further, maybe even longer. They'd become the Lions.

Keep Russell Wilson, move on from Pete, and build a defense properly. Wilson has looked fantastic in year 1 with this scheme that Aaron Rodgers, and Matt Ryan struggled in in year1, those two went on to win the MVP in year 2 of the same scheme.

Wilson is currently #1 in the league in YPA, AYPA, completion %, 0 INTs, and Passer Rating. Not only has he been incredibly efficient he has been productive throwing 7 TDs. Not bad, when history shows QBs tend to struggle in year 1 of this system. Wilson hasn't played perfect, but he is way ahead of the curve currently.

This team is closer than some may realize. They just need a descent defense, not amazing, just descent. That can be fixed in 1 off-season with competent people making the decisions, the problem is Carroll. He cannot be in charge anymore, he has been given the chance to do so year after year. He can't do it, clearly.

Think Mike McCarthy. The Pack moved on from him (and kept their Franchise QB who is also older than Wilson.) They made 2 NFC Championship Games after stagnating for years under McCarthy. The team is tuning out Pete, and has no juice anymore. The players are not stupid, they know on defense they are getting outschemed and the players are being set up to fail. Watch the game, all you see is finger pointing.

Pete has 3 games. SF, LAR, & PIT, to show something. The fanbase is sick of it, the players are starting to tune him out, and it is only going to get worse as the weeks pass. Even the most patient of fans have lost their patience, rightfully so I might add.

Regrettably - THIS ^^^^^

Seymour

Reaction score
Re: Would you be in favor of trading Russell and rebuilding now?

Absolutely not as long as Pete is still in charge. Every big trade we make we either get totally hornswoggle or come up on the short end somehow.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
It all depends on if this team is a less than 5 win team. If so just blow it all up and start over. It would be worth doing then losing him for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Fox0r":u1hxorn3 said:
Curious.

I am the biggest Russell homer, but I think it is time.
Biggest Russell Homer? LOLOLOL It's brazenly Obvious that you are not.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not just yet. I want to see where we stand after the Rams game before we throw in the towel on this season. If we're sitting at 1-4 and the Rams and/or Cards are still undefeated, then we can start thinking about it. The trading deadline is Nov. 2nd, so we have some time.

Keep in mind that Russell has a no trade clause in his contract, so he's going to have to want out and he'll have to be good with going to whatever team is our trading partner.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The next two games will make or break our season. If we split and go 2-3, we are not doomed. We have until Nov 2nd before the trade Deadline.

We could sweep

at Pit
NO
JAX

and 5-3 is not worth a Fire Sale.

I have always leaned towards keeping Pete over Russ since Russ became a Prima Donna with Ciara. Pete is a great leader, and can run a specail program. Something is not right and the first domino to fall has to be KNJ.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3mayefjh said:
The next two games will make or break our season. If we split and go 2-3, we are not doomed. We have until Nov 2nd before the trade Deadline.

We could sweep

at Pit
NO
JAX

and 5-3 is not worth a Fire Sale.

I have always leaned towards keeping Pete over Russ since Russ became a Prima Donna with Ciara. Pete is a great leader, and can run a specail program. Something is not right and the first domino to fall has to be KNJ.

I agree with your take on Russell, but if we hit the reset button, then I want Pete out as well. He's the one that has pulled the trigger on some of the worst trades in franchise history, from Harvin to Graham to Adams. Even on the defensive side of the ball, an area where he is, or rather was, truly one of the best football minds of his era, he seems to have lost his eye for talent. He pays a Kings ransom for Adams then hasn't figured out how to use him. His day has come and gone.

But let's see how the next couple of weeks go. Like you said, they will make or break our season. If we're sitting at 1-4, then it's time to at least start putting out feelers.