offense and defense not complementary?

strohmin

Reaction score
Does anyone feel like our offense and defense philosophy hurt each other? Our offense tends to be more quick strike getting them off the field quickly while our defense tends to be don't give up any big plays by not taking too many risks causing them to stay on the field longer. I feel like this really hurts the offense and defense because our offense is more likely to go 3 and out and our defense is on the field longer dying a slow painful death.

An offense like ours needs to have more opportunities because of the amount of deep shots they take so it would probably benefit them if our defense just blitzed and took more risks to get off the field as fast as possible. I would probably be more ok with opposing teams scoring quick touchdowns because of risky defensive plays just to get our offense back on the field faster. I feel like this would give them more time to get into a rhythm. Also, I think it would give our defense a higher chance to cause turnovers instead of watching their slow painful death from long drives from opposing offenses.

The other option is to have the offense sustain their drives longer to give our defense a much needed breather and possibly disrupting the opposing offenses rhythm from the long break. These are just my thoughts but would love to hear more from others.

Fade

Reaction score
Absolutely. I pointed this out last season. Fans were complaining that the Seahawks were scoring too quickly when Wilson was putting up record numbers, that's why they thought the defense was terrible and It was the offenses fault. So the onus on Wilson was to score, but don't score too quickly. LOL. This popped up again against Tenn this year. When It should be "Why doesn't the defense nut up and get themselves off the field?"

The strategy is horrible and Pete is missing the forest for the trees. Pete's logic on defense is don't give up the big play. But he is sacrificing everything on defense right now to get that done by playing so soft underneath. So the Hawks get dogwalked up the field, surrending long drive after long drive, while the offense rots on the bench.