Eskridge to IR, Philip Dorsett elevated to active roster

seabowl

Reaction score
I really hope this is not a Malik McDowell situation. They have little luck with their top picks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
seabowl":2fm8qdio said:
I really hope this is not a Malik McDowell situation. They have little luck with their top picks.

Not the same. Eskridge got hurt in a football game.

cymatica

Reaction score
Wonder if he got a fracture in his neck. The way it compressed on that hit didn't look good

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete said at his presser yesterday that it wasn’t a setback, but they just want to be extra careful because it was worse than a normal concussion (if there is such a thing). We do have horrible injury luck with our higher picks, but fingers crossed he will be back in a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
James in PA":1z32ufn1 said:
Pete said at his presser yesterday that it wasn’t a setback, but they just want to be extra careful because it was worse than a normal concussion (if there is such a thing). We do have horrible injury luck with our higher picks, but fingers crossed he will be back in a month or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are different levels of concussions, not all concussions are created equal.

PNW

Reaction score
He slammed his head on the turf hard! I’m not surprised they’re being so careful about it. It looked pretty violent

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Eskridge was a sexy pick, and a wasteful one. Now he's on IR. Team should've picked up a Center in the draft.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Draft pick aside, if they took a center of your choice and he suffered a head to turf concussion severe enough to be held out 8 weeks would you say they wasted the pick?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":3n90kim4 said:
Draft pick aside, if they took a center of your choice and he suffered a head to turf concussion severe enough to be held out 8 weeks would you say they wasted the pick?

They absolutely, 100% would say that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The team feels incredibly cursed. Bambino-level.

No matter what they do, they get a bad break. The opposite of the energy of old.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":odk7t98z said:
Flyingsquad23":odk7t98z said:

Wide. Receiver. WAS. NOT. A. NEED

We don't need to constantly bicker and try to win arguments on this site. We can just prioritize the truth.

We wasted the pick. On a talented, 24 year old wide receiver whose impact will be limited anyway because...the Center position is garbage. And was ignored

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":28zhajzs said:
Maelstrom787":28zhajzs said:
Flyingsquad23":28zhajzs said:

We don't need to constantly bicker and try to win arguments on this site. We can just prioritize the truth.

We wasted the pick. On a talented, 24 year old wide receiver whose impact will be limited anyway because...the Center position is garbage. And was ignored

I'm sorry, but I gotta disagree - and furthermore, I think the pick heavily hinted at Pete attempting to appease his new coordinators vision for the offense, flying directly in the face of the vague yet pervasive "meddling" catchall that people throw around.

I just can't see how wide receiver wasn't considered a need with an increasingly often banged-up Lockett at 2, and a replacement-level Swain behind him, followed by a massive void of nothingness. It looked like a need prior to even considering injury. The BIGGEST need? Probably not. But a need nonetheless.

If I were making the pick, I would have picked Creed. I'm on record saying it. I'm on record saying that I thought Creed was a round 1 talent. But I simply can't pretend that WR wasn't a positional need when, in my eyes, it was.

I think center would be less of a dumpster fire had Ethan continued to be dead ass average, like he was in 2020. Fuller has been... well, much much worse. If you want to know the truth, my criticism regarding the center position would be passing on the several cheap free-agent options that presented either an upgrade, or at least much better depth than Fuller. Reiter, Blythe... those guys were just sitting there, and Blythe already had experience in the scheme.

Back to my original statement, though - I really don't think its a stretch to say that if they'd picked a center and he got his brains scrambled immediately, the front office would be getting blasted for the decision. The front office gets blasted for every decision. That's just what happens when a fanbase has enough frustration built up to lose confidence in the decisions being made. You see it in every sport, and even some non-sports with a competitive dynamic like politics. Confirmation bias begins to reign. Exhibit A: Malik McDowell, who turns out to be a hell of a player and was a big need.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
To be clear, I'm not trying to get anyone to submit to my way of thinking here. Just calling it like I see it, and I see it slightly differently while acknowledging that center is a problem.

Elemas

Reaction score
I was hoping they took Josh Myers who ironically, is injured at the moment. Green Bay nabbed him at 62. Injuries aside, he was tearing it up.

I’m a bit biased on this one though. Besides thinking it was a greater need than WR, I’ve watched Josh since high school here in Miamisburg, OH. My son played ball with him. I’m sure most future NFLers tend to dominate at the HS level but this kid used to make holes so damn big, anyone could run through them. That plus his strength records.

He recently took a pic with my 9 year old who also plays ball. I was surprised to see him look “slimmer” although he weighs 305 at 6’5”. Just carries it really well.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Hopefully Dorsett can finally contribute some. Have been curious to see what he could do on a regular basis.

And here’s hoping Eskridge can at least make it back at some point. His quickness on that jet sweep was impressive.

hawker84

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3v9a9b6e said:
Maelstrom787":3v9a9b6e said:
Flyingsquad23":3v9a9b6e said:

100% agree. Not only the center position, the whole damn line is garbage. Even Brown is average at best this season. You can buy shiny new toys all day long, but it won't matter until RW has real protection... that means investing in the line on both sides of the ball.

Jville

Reaction score