Geno played an incredible game

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He came in and showed absolute command of the offense, and immediately went to work.

Rhythm. Ball out quick. Ball out accurately. Scrambling when appropriate. The speed to get out there on designed runs.

What an insane showing from him. That's as good of a relief game as I've ever seen played.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He may have played against a softer defense than Russ. However....he actually took what the defense gave him instead of trying to play hero ball. Good, solid football.

SlickRick

Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to give him a round of applause, he played his azz off with the time he was given. No hero ball , just straight up played the hand that he was dealt by the opposing defense

Mizak

Reaction score
Bring this same momentum against the Stealers. WorthlessBurger is slow.

chris98251

Reaction score
I hear the excuse the Rams were in prevent, I would argue there is zero film on Geno in the offense, Rams would not play him inside out and cover 2 like Wilson, they started that way and he was taking them apart in the middle using the TE multiple times and Metcalf along with the screens that actually looked like screen plays.

I think they went to a standard loose prevent not a complete prevent since we were gouging them and had time to score multiple times.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":39t85w01 said:
You people lost your mind

I'm not saying Geno is the better quarterback, but he did play an amazing game and did immediately start moving a floundering offense.

He came in and led a freakin' 98 yard touchdown drive off the bench in his first action in how many years? If you don't think he played an incredible game, I don't even know what to say. It's just wrong.

John63

Reaction score
Mizak":3hq7strk said:
John63":3hq7strk said:
I agree he played well.

Did he play better than Wilson today?

Well leta see they both had a td. Both had an int,
Geno through 17 passes, Wilson 16. Wilson had a 69% complt, geno had a 59% complt. Wilson had 152 yards, geno 131, Wilson had a 9.5 yoa, geno 7.7, Wilson passer rating of 93.8. Geno 78.3.

So no he did not. But he played well.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If there was ever any evidence of bias, this post is a great example.

It shows that Wilson is being viewed through intensely negative glasses. Everything, from Geno’s TD throw, to his interception would be seen as no big deal if Russ did the exact same thing (which he has).

Really confirms that Russ is done here.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Scorpion05":euixgxic said:
If there was ever any evidence of bias, this post is a great example.

It shows that Wilson is being viewed through intensely negative glasses. Everything, from Geno’s TD throw, to his interception would be seen as no big deal if Russ did the exact same thing (which he has).

Really confirms that Russ is done here.

They have different sets of expectations. A 5 year old would understand that the context is completely different here.

One is making $35m a year and is a perennial Pro Bowler.

One is a bust most famous for having his jaw broken by a teammate.

To not judge the two differently isn't just unrealistic, it's stupid.

Polk738

Reaction score
I still can't believe that I saw two screen plays that actually worked

-Besides, if Russ's finger is as bad they think it is, he'll probably end up playing against the Steelers as well.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
"Bias"

Let's say a pro football player and an average joe have a foot race, and the average joe almost wins.

Would you cry "b-bias!!" if I say "holy shit, that average joe ran really impressively!"

No, because that's not how things work. That's not how people see the world.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3bqj9pxa said:
"Bias"

Let's say a pro football player and an average joe have a foot race, and the average joe almost wins.

Would you cry "b-bias!!" if I say "holy $h!t, that average joe ran really impressively!"

No, because that's not how things work. That's not how people see the world.

The difference is you would not then be saying the avg Joe is better than the nfl player or should take his place.

I thought geno played well do I think he would have been as effective if the rams knew he was starting and playing the whole game? No in fact he'll no.

BamKam

Reaction score
Some of you are so gung ho over Russell Wilson you can’t see the bigger picture. No one is saying Geno should start over Russell. What we are saying is that when Geno was in tonight the offense looked like and actual effecient offense. On some playground swoopty doop hero ball rely on 60 yard play touchdowns. Russ had a play where he held the ball for like 8 seconds and took a 15 yard sack and we blame the OL.

LTH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":k43bii5e said:
jamescasey1124":k43bii5e said:
You people lost your mind

I'm not saying Geno is the better quarterback, but he did play an amazing game and did immediately start moving a floundering offense.

He came in and led a freakin' 98 yard touchdown drive off the bench in his first action in how many years? If you don't think he played an incredible game, I don't even know what to say. It's just wrong.

He played well and although I would like to see if he plays that way consistently, If Wilson has to take a few games off I feel comfortable that Geno can make this team happen... They might have won the game if locket didn't get tripped or they would have call PI...Interesting to see what Pete says about that one.

John63

Reaction score
BamKam":2fabwwkv said:
Some of you are so gung ho over Russell Wilson you can’t see the bigger picture. No one is saying Geno should start over Russell. What we are saying is that when Geno was in tonight the offense looked like and actual effecient offense. On some playground swoopty doop hero ball rely on 60 yard play touchdowns. Russ had a play where he held the ball for like 8 seconds and took a 15 yard sack and we blame the OL.

Actually I blamed coverage on that as thr replay Cleary showed no one open and it was already 2nd and long

LTH

Reaction score
John63":3svdi8mf said:
BamKam":3svdi8mf said:

Actually I blamed coverage on that as thr replay Cleary showed no one open and it was already 2nd and long

What would brady have done? Throw the ball away... not take a huge loss...

LTH