Who do you think/want as the Hawks next coach?

seabowl

Reaction score
Being that most of us (91% as per the poll on .Net) want Pete gone no later than the off-season, who would you think the Hawks would go get and who would you want?

I think they’d get Pederson and I would probably want him too.

Your picks?

bill99350

Reaction score
I want them to bring home Kellen Moore to be head coach! He is a great offensive mind! I say why not pair him with Russ, and then bring in a legit D coordinator

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bubbagumpino/status/1444859648432037889[/tweet]

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
toffee":3cbufarr said:
For at least 50% on dot net: "Anyone but Pete Carroll".

Poll on .Net showed 91%

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Interviews I'd want to secure:

Daboll
Bieniemy
Mike McDaniel
Renaldo Hill
Joe Brady
Dave Toub

Let Schneider pick.

Also, hire Mike Shanahan and have him come own his own son for a few years. Just because that sounds funny to me.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I suspect the vast majority of .net members did not bother to respond to said polls and those numbers are therefore inflated with a lot of hot air.
I do agree we need some coaching AND SCHEME changes on the defensive side of the ball. Our defensive scheme is passive in nature and I do not believe that plays to our advantage. I want to see a defense that attacks, dictates, play rather than simply reacting to whatever the opposition wants to do. I have never seen, on any level, such an ineffective "prevent" style defense as that shown by the Seahawks. The only thing it prevents is success for our team. It appears we are playing a prevent style defense most of the time and I don't like it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Appyhawk":ybpq0lpo said:
I suspect the vast majority of .net members did not bother to respond to said polls and those numbers are therefore inflated with a lot of hot air.
I do agree we need some coaching AND SCHEME changes on the defensive side of the ball. Our defensive scheme is passive in nature and I do not believe that plays to our advantage. I want to see a defense that attacks, dictates, play rather than simply reacting to whatever the opposition wants to do. I have never seen, on any level, such an ineffective "prevent" style defense as that shown by the Seahawks. The only thing it prevents is success for our team. It appears we are playing a prevent style defense most of the time and I don't like it.

131 people is a good sized sample and with now 89% wanting him gone, I think we know what most people on this board want.

toffee

Reaction score
Jon Gruden is now available, dude is an offense genius, and interviewed Russ before we drafted him. Gruden is also a MAGA that shares value with some 12s.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
toffee":28bcpd5s said:
Jon Gruden is now available, dude is an offense genius, and interviewed Russ before we drafted him. Gruden is also a MAGA that shares value with some 12s.

How people always come back to Jon Gruden as a great coaching candidate still baffles me. He's barely above average as a head coach and still exists on a reputation he built 2 decades ago.

If 80+% want Carroll gone, then literally 0% should want Gruden, who is just a worse Carroll.

Tokadub

Reaction score
seabowl":1foxb3l8 said:
Being that most of us (91% as per the poll on .Net) want Pete gone no later than the off-season, who would you think the Hawks would go get and who would you want?

Your picks?

What poll was 91%? I believe you but yikes...

I want Pete Carroll but he needs to start being more flexible on defense use Ryan Neal more than Jamal Adams and we might actually be good, seriously...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":14l1y03r said:
Interviews I'd want to secure:

Daboll
Bieniemy
Mike McDaniel
Renaldo Hill
Joe Brady
Dave Toub

Delete Bieniemy from that list!

He has Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce by far the best 2 offensive receivers on one team in the NFL!

Their success was BEFORE they have to pay Mohomes, they BARELY started to pay him and that team is already falling apart WAYYYYYY faster than the Seahawks did when we had to pay Wilson...

https://overthecap.com/player/patrick-mahomes/5594/

MAHOMES IS ONLY MAKING 7.4 MILLION THIS YEAR, HE MAKES 35.8 MILLION NEXT YEAR!!!

Why are they already starting to suck and they haven't even took a 28.4 million dollar hit with Mahome's salary??????

Tyreek Hill + Travis Kelce + Mahomes is 3 insane players who can carry any offense.

Wilson did it with Marshawn Lynch + Doug Baldwin (undrafted) + Golden Tate (2nd round pick).

It's a very similar situation but the Chiefs seem to be falling apart much faster than the Seahawks...

TLDR:

I don't want to hire a coach who relied on insane talent before having to pay a QB. We already did that ourselves.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Tokadub":rl5pdc6i said:
seabowl":rl5pdc6i said:

Your picks?

What poll was 91%? I believe you but yikes...

I want Pete Carroll but he needs to start being more flexible on defense use Ryan Neal more than Jamal Adams and we might actually be good, seriously...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=175505

Reaction score
It seems pretty inevitable that the next head coach is Shane Waldron. I don't think it's even a question, it will be Waldron, and I think the original hope was that it'd be Schottenheimer.

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2bf7701z said:
toffee":2bf7701z said:

How people always come back to Jon Gruden as a great coaching candidate still baffles me. He's barely above average as a head coach and still exists on a reputation he built 2 decades ago.

If 80+% want Carroll gone, then literally 0% should want Gruden, who is just a worse Carroll.

For some of those 80%, their logic may be Pete needs to go because he knew nothing about offense and yet dictates a offense philosophy that restricts Great Russell's career, those folks might also believe that an offense minded HC will lift Russell to a different level.

Gruden's brand of a west coast offense guru fit that bill?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I think we should bring in Kellen Moore for an interview. I could see him being the next Sean McVay sort of character. He has been extremely good as an OC over in Dallas. Boise State tried to make him their HC already -- I think he could be an intriguing wildcard.