The future of Carroll and Wilson prediction (poll)

The future of Carroll and Wilson prediction

• Both Carroll and Wilson will be Seahawks next season

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • Wilson will still be here, but Carroll is gone

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Carroll will still be here, but Wilson is gone

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Both Carroll and Wilson are no longer Seahawks

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What do you predict this team will look like to start the 2022 regular season?

What are your thoughts on the future of our Seahawks?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I PREDICT Carroll will still be here, but Wilson will be traded away.

Is it what I want? Not at all, but it's just so predictable. I'd be real shocked if Jody fired Pete after the season.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Screw it… going large.

Both are gone and rebuilding can finally begin

Fade

Reaction score
It would be a financial debacle to trade Russell Wilson and keep the old ragged coach. I refuse to believe a business would flush that much money down the toilet. What kind of ownership group wants to actively seek out becoming the Lions?

I have Pete retiring at the end of the season. Wilson stays one more year, and depending on how well the new coach does, he will sign another extension the following off-season.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Carrol becomes team president and then him and John hire Dabo Swinney. His coaching seems solid and could be paired with a strong DC. Although a year ago I would’ve felt great about the hire, now I have soured a bit on Dabo’s personality.

Other than him I have no idea, not really interested in any of the retreads. I would have to think it would be a hot job with plenty of options.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Pete retires and his son takes over which puts the team in purgatory hell.

seabowl

Reaction score
Option E:

Wilson and Carroll are gone and Jody sells to Ken Behring Jr Jr and he moves the Hawks to Santa Barbara.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1csnx5vh said:
Pete retires and his son takes over which puts the team in purgatory hell.

That's funny right there I don't care who you are

LTH

Reaction score
I think Carroll will stay and I think this year will determine if Wilson stays or not... I think there is a good possibility that Wilson gets traded. that just depends on the relationship between Carroll and Wilson, what the Hawks can get for him, what QB the hawks can land. I think Wilson signed a 4 year deal that ends in 2023> I think... so if he is going to get traded it will be after this season is over...

I'm not against the trade.. It's my view that no one player is bigger than the team... but if I was going to trade Wilson the other team would be giving up the farm... no question about that..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
For those of you who think Russell's gone next year, how can he force his way out?

He'll still have two years left on his deal, and the possibility of being franchised for two more years.

So if he's gone? Then it'll be because Pete and John decided to blow it all up and start over by trading him for 2-3 first round picks.

And for those of you who think Pete's gone? I can't think of any scenario where Pete has the humility to quit or retire, nor any scenario where an absentee owner who wants nothing to do with her NFL organization fires Pete with three years left on his contract.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nlta3ve said:
For those of you who think Russell's gone next year, how can he force his way out?

He'll still have two years left on his deal, and the possibility of being franchised for two more years.

So if he's gone? Then it'll be because Pete and John decided to blow it all up and start over by trading him for 2-3 first round picks.

And for those of you who think Pete's gone? I can't think of any scenario where Pete has the humility to quit or retire, nor any scenario where an absentee owner who wants nothing to do with her NFL organization fires Pete with three years left on his contract.

I have a question for you? How much of Wilsons success do you think is attributed to the fact that he landed on the Seahawks?

What would have happened if the Hawks would have say drafted Geno Smith instead of Wilson and Wilson would have went to the jets? would Wilson have had the same success? impossible to really know but what are your thoughts?

Its an interesting question...

How do you see it?

LTH

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":1p81temo said:
Sgt. Largent":1p81temo said:

I have a question for you? How much of Wilsons success do you think is attributed to the fact that he landed on the Seahawks?

What would have happened if the Hawks would have say drafted Geno Smith instead of Wilson and Wilson would have went to the jets? would Wilson have had the same success? impossible to really know but what are your thoughts?

How do you see it?

LTH

I think I'm in the minority on this one.

I think Pete has a great deal to do with Russell's success, and John for that matter.

They built an all time defense and traded for Lynch, which allowed Russell the 3-4 years to grow and develop as a QB without the burden of the normal roadblocks of most young QB's, which is they get drafted by terrible teams and get ruined from not having any support from good coaches or good players surrounding them helping take the burden off.

So if Russell was drafted by the Jets? I think he'd be far less of the caliber of QB he is now, and probably have sustained far more injuries and damage to his development.

But again, I think I'm in the minority. Most fans, and certainly most fans on here think Pete has been a detriment to Russell's career..........cause you know, going to two SB's and making the playoffs every year, and well on your way to the Hall is a terrible waste of talent.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36sspxbh said:
LTH":36sspxbh said:
Sgt. Largent":36sspxbh said:

How do you see it?

LTH

I think Pete has a great deal to do with Russell's success, and John for that matter.

They built an all time defense and traded for Lynch, which allowed Russell the 3-4 years to grow and develop as a QB without the burden of the normal roadblocks of most young QB's, which is they get drafted by terrible teams and get ruined from not having any support from good coaches or good players surrounding them helping take the burden off.

So if Russell was drafted by the Jets? I think he'd be far less of the caliber of QB he is now, and probably have sustained far more injuries and damage to his development.

But again, I think I'm in the minority. Most fans, and certainly most fans on here think Pete has been a detriment to Russell's career..........cause you know, going to two SB's and making the playoffs every year, and well on your way to the Hall is a terrible waste of talent.

I agree with you... I did a bit of reading on Geno and yeah he didn't have a great NFL career but in college the mountaineers had one of the best O's in college football and I'm wondering if he was ruined by his early NFL career or if Carroll has worked some magic with this guy... He totally fits Carroll's chip on the shoulder, I got something to prove profile... We have seen lights out success from players Carroll has coached with this profile.. he showed vs the Rams that he has command of the offense I guess we will see soon enough..

Ok so Wilson is out 4-6 weeks which really means 4 or less potentially... If Geno is winning do you bring back Wilson or do you give him the time to heal? and what happens if they chose to give Wilson the time to heal, say 6 weeks and Geno is 5-1? Do we have a QB controversy? do you break up the continuity that has been built? and then how does Wilson respond... that's a scary thought to me... does 6 weeks off kill Wilsons momentum or does Wilson respond lights out? or is the whole thing a mute point because the Seahawks lay an egg? I guess this is why Carroll takes things one week at a time but they are very interesting questions to me I'm intrigued and I'm unsure if Wilsons injury is a complete nightmare like everyone thinks it is... it could turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to the hawks...

Interesting to me

LTH

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":87gdfj1p said:

Well, going off of the drama that happened this past season with Wilson giving up 4 teams he'd be willing to get traded to, maybe Russ wanted to get traded before the season started. Probably even more-so now.

Hypothetical situation entirely, but I think if Russ says he's willing to go to Miami, and Miami gets wind of it and offers 3 1st rounders, 2 2nd rounders, and a great player still on a rookie contract, Pete would take that in a heartbeat.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":nudltn3c said:
LTH":nudltn3c said:
Sgt. Largent":nudltn3c said:

How do you see it?

LTH

You sir are in the minority, but you aren't the only one that thinks Wilson owe his early success to Pete. Some haters on dot net thinks success sometime has a way to ruin things, Wilson wanted out of the game managerish role that he was in ... which might led to passing on one yard line, and might also be the cause of dismantling of vets so Russ could be the sole face of franchise. Ole Pete sold his soul ... always compete was out of the window ... we never had a backup QB that could compete with Russ, until Geno surprised us all.

nwHawk

Reaction score
LTH":tqlmj53f said:
Sgt. Largent":tqlmj53f said:
LTH":tqlmj53f said:
Sgt. Largent":tqlmj53f said:

How do you see it?

LTH

I agree with you... I did a bit of reading on Geno and yeah he didn't have a great NFL career but in college the mountaineers had one of the best O's in college football and I'm wondering if he was ruined by his early NFL career or if Carroll has worked some magic with this guy... He totally fits Carroll's chip on the shoulder, I got something to prove profile... We have seen lights out success from players Carroll has coached with this profile.. he showed vs the Rams that he has command of the offense I guess we will see soon enough..

Ok so Wilson is out 4-6 weeks which really means 4 or less potentially... If Geno is winning do you bring back Wilson or do you give him the time to heal? and what happens if they chose to give Wilson the time to heal, say 6 weeks and Geno is 5-1? Do we have a QB controversy? do you break up the continuity that has been built? and then how does Wilson respond... that's a scary thought to me... does 6 weeks off kill Wilsons momentum or does Wilson respond lights out? or is the whole thing a mute point because the Seahawks lay an egg? I guess this is why Carroll takes things one week at a time but they are very interesting questions to me I'm intrigued and I'm unsure if Wilsons injury is a complete nightmare like everyone thinks it is... it could turn out to be the best thing that could have happened to the hawks...

Interesting to me

LTH

Been thinking the same thing. Interesting times.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1z4m7vdn said:

Completely agree with this statement, although just to throw a little salt in the wound, it's actually 4 more years, not 3. He signed a 5 year extension this past offseason. Proof that Jody has no clue about running a successful NFL franchise.

hawker84

Reaction score
Unfortunately Carrolls ego won't allow him to see the writing on the wall. And if by miracle he would resign, Wilson would not want to go through a rebuild with a new coaching staff, so he'd be gone. I hope Carroll leaves and we get a offensive minded coach to replace him and keep Wilson. But that won't happen.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The craziest part of this is that it wasn't supposed to be the Hawks that fell apart this year.

At the start of the season, if you were picking a team that was at the end of the line, probably had a future of losing coming, and was going to start struggling - it probably would have been the Packers.

The Packers have a solid team, but their star QB was chafing and actually like he was not coming back. They had precious little at QB in the wings. It looked bad for them.

Meanwhile, Russ was saying things but everyone expected him back. We still had Norton, but Wilson has somehow been able to overcome that partial abortion of a DC...at least in the regular season.

We all instinctively knew that if Wilson went down, we were a dumpsterfire. But Wilson always seemed to keep being healthy so we just expected it would continue. And there was still a small portion of the fan base that wanted to give credit to Carroll, as if he was actually responsible for any of the winning right now.

Well Carroll is now the single point of blame for everything that we cannot blame Norton for. Wilson is down. We look like we MIGHT have 5-6 wins on our schedule without Wilson, and the future of this team being anything but a bottomfeeder is in doubt.

Meanwhile the Packers, the team many of us expected to suddenly fall off without their QB - are just fine.
(Even after the mini-storm getting blown out by the Saints.)