Commitment

chris98251

Reaction score
I hope he isn't taking reps away from the guys that can play and or a distraction, during the vid I seen yesterday it looked like he was trying to be the lead guy in drills.

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
Rat":260hmcpp said:
I'll bet you have fun rooting against Geno this weekend.

Ahh no,, as that means I would be rooting again the hawks. Duh

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":c0ikbsgl said:
I hope he isn't taking reps away from the guys that can play and or a distraction, during the vid I seen yesterday it looked like he was trying to be the lead guy in drills.

According to Carrol, he is out there doing general drills, helping Geno, and doing what you want your leader to do when he is hurt.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think if you're a QB of his caliber (and pay) it's important to do what he's doing anyway. Stay in shape and show you are still part of the team. That being said I'm pretty sure all other QBs of his caliber and pay would do the same.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1407u0h3 said:
With his right hand basically in a cast, he won't be throwing any footballs for a while. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":4a625a0i said:
chris98251":4a625a0i said:
With his right hand basically in a cast, he won't be throwing any footballs for a while. ;)

Magic water ..................

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":czkkgel5 said:

I don't think even Geno believes he can play lights out and earn the starting job over Wilson once he's healthy again. All Geno can do is play well enough to make him worthy of a larger contract in the off season.

Rat

Reaction score
kidhawk":31v950n0 said:
Rat":31v950n0 said:

I don't think even Geno believes he can play lights out and earn the starting job over Wilson once he's healthy again. All Geno can do is play well enough to make him worthy of a larger contract in the off season.
I only said that because 63 like to put down Patrick Mahomes by saying that the Chiefs went 2-0 in his absence two years ago, which is a lie anyway because they were 1-1. We all know he's rooting for Geno to bomb.

I agree though. Even if Geno goes 3-0, it's still Russ' job when he's healthy.

Only way I think Geno's performance matters is if he looks phenomenal, and the team still fails to get past wild card weekend. Then, if there's more friction with Russ in the offseason, Schneider could consider unloading his salary, getting assets, and then going with the much cheaper option. Russ has all the leverage in the world right now, since we dont have comparable options.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Rat":2tocaetc said:
kidhawk":2tocaetc said:
Rat":2tocaetc said:

I only said that because 63 like to put down Patrick Mahomes by saying that the Chiefs went 2-0 in his absence two years ago, which is a lie anyway because they were 1-1. We all know he's rooting for Geno to bomb.

I agree though. Even if Geno goes 3-0, it's still Russ' job when he's healthy.

Only way I think Geno's performance matters is if he looks phenomenal, and the team still fails to get past wild card weekend. Then, if there's more friction with Russ in the offseason, Schneider could consider unloading his salary, getting assets, and then going with the much cheaper option. Russ has all the leverage in the world right now, since we dont have comparable options.

I agree, Geno playing well in this offense could make for an interesting offseason for sure. Wilson has always been held on a pedestal (I admit I do it myself) as irreplaceable, but if a quarterback like Geno can shine in the offense while he's out, then that would really hurt his leverage and also possibly diminish Wilson's trade value (if we wanted to go that route).

Not to stray too far off topic, but I honestly feel Geno will be fine. I don't think the offense is our biggest concern. Sure the offense has laid some eggs this season and can't seem to play for more than a half, but my concern is with the defense. Some of the times they've had success were more due to poor passes and decisions by the opposing quarterback than by our defensive play. You don't even have to be a football fan to be able to see how wide open the middle of the field is while we are on defense. If they can't tighten that up, we are going to get creamed.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
sutz":4zxuhabk said:
chris98251":4zxuhabk said:
What if he’s the backup this week and using his left arm. I am ambidextrous and maybe Russ is also. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Oh I just posted a similar thread my bad

Rat":igts2jda said:

There’s no need to root against Geno. He may do great. When Russ thrives on another team, none of what anti-Russ folks say will matter. Some statements of fact are just that. There’s no need to argue about it

toffee

Reaction score
If Geni play well, he may just have that last opportunity to sniff a big paycheck. With that, Geno is super super motivated, but motivation could also be stressful, let's how he handles the opportunity.

Go Geno.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

flv

Reaction score
He's on IR now...but he's still committed, right? ;)

OP
OP
John63

John63

Reaction score
flv":2yec8rx3 said:
He's on IR now...but he's still committed, right? ;)

Ahh we first the teqm.put him on it not Wilson. 2nd Waldron and pc he is still helping with game planning and talking geno through things so yea.

I understand any other player gets attaboys for doing it. But it's Wilson so no attempts. Only disdain.