Russ not on IR yet

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I believe the team has until Saturday to place Russ on IR and that will mean he'll miss 3 games, which is what is currently anticipated, at least publicly. Curious as to why they have not moved him to IR yet. Hoping against hope they think he might come back in less than 3 weeks....?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team doesn't see Wilson having to sit for 3 games then he won't go on IRr.

More medical information is likely forthcoming which will assist in the decision.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If the team doesn't see Wilson having to sit for 3 games then he won't go on IRr.

More medical information is likely forthcoming which will assist in the decision.

Beside,s my thinking is Wilson is more useful and valuable on the roster at practices and on the sidelines during games as a coach or helper to Geno than he'd be on IR not allowed to be there.

I doubt they place him on IR.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":he4y9ny8 said:

Beside,s my thinking is Wilson is more useful and valuable on the roster at practices and on the sidelines during games as a coach or helper to Geno than he'd be on IR not allowed to be there.

I would agree.. even if he does have to miss 3 games or more they might not put him on IR

LTH

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1156sz2e said:

Not sure I understand this. If Russ is on IR, does that mean he can't even show up at practices ... or stand on the sidelines in street clothes giving advice and encouragement?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Maybe he will start the game, hand off once and exit to preserve the streak. I wonder how that would go over. Actually I know how that would go over.

JGreen79

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":2052hjtd said:
Maybe he will start the game, hand off once and exit to preserve the streak. I wonder how that would go over. Actually I know how that would go over.

Denver's coach would go insane for sure.

sutz

Reaction score
Tusc2000":39gksre3 said:
jammerhawk":39gksre3 said:

Not sure I understand this. If Russ is on IR, does that mean he can't even show up at practices ... or stand on the sidelines in street clothes giving advice and encouragement?
Yes, players on IR are not allowed to practice with the team and contact is pretty limited to the training room and staff.

The tricky part is what to do about the 2d QB if RW is IR'd. If we bring Lutan up, he can only stay for 2 games or he'd have to stay on the 53 through the end of the season. Then, when RW comes back, we'd have 3 QBs, meaning we'd lose another precious roster spot. Probably why they worked Bortles out. He could be a rental for 3 games or so until Russ is healthy so we'd at least have 2 legit QBs on the roster.

A possible deal with Bortles might also be why they haven't IR'd RW yet. Some touchy decisions to make. Everybody knows Russ will be back this year, that's as close to 100% certain as any injury recovery could be IMO. I'm sure they don't want to go into a game with only 1 QB. :bitenails: