Match ups vs the Steelers

LTH

Reaction score
What match ups do you guys see that would go for the Hawks...

The first match up I see is I think they are going to pressure Geno... I think everyone is underestimating him... the smart thing to do is to see in the Rams game that Geno torched the Rams when they blitzed him and had more success when they dropped and played coverage... I think the Steelers will try to blitz him and I think Geno is going to have at least 2 really big plays beating the blitz.

I think Eskridge might have a nice game.,.. I think the TE Disley and Colby are going to have nice games

and I'm looking for the run game to come alive as eventually they will have to drop into dime and that's when Collins shines a bit... Hopefully they can put together some nice long drives and control the tempo of the game and TOP..

Defensively they need win the battle in the trenches and get some pressure on Big Ben... they need to create some turn overs and of course stop the run

I have no idea what they are going to do in the secondary. Although they have given up some yardage they are better than what they are playing. If the D line can get some pressure on big Ben it's really going to help out those guys in the secondary...

then 3rd down conversions... got to get off the field on third down...

I have way more thoughts but I just want to leave it open for discussion

Just my thoughts,

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Blitz Adams every other play. Send him from different spots and angles.
Put Rapistburger on his back a lot.

On offense use passes early on with the TE’s and RB’s to open up the deep ball.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LTH":nruj7jkn said:
What match ups do you guys see that would go for the Hawks...

The first match up I see is I think they are going to pressure Geno... I think everyone is underestimating him... the smart thing to do is to see in the Rams game that Geno torched the Rams when they blitzed him and had more success when they dropped and played coverage... I think the Steelers will try to blitz him and I think Geno is going to have at least 2 really big plays beating the blitz.

I think Eskridge might have a nice game.,.. I think the TE Disley and Colby are going to have nice games

and I'm looking for the run game to come alive as eventually they will have to drop into dime and that's when Collins shines a bit... Hopefully they can put together some nice long drives and control the tempo of the game and TOP..

Defensively they need win the battle in the trenches and get some pressure on Big Ben... they need to create some turn overs and of course stop the run

I have no idea what they are going to do in the secondary. Although they have given up some yardage they are better than what they are playing. If the D line can get some pressure on big Ben it's really going to help out those guys in the secondary...

then 3rd down conversions... got to get off the field on third down...

I have way more thoughts but I just want to leave it open for discussion

Just my thoughts,

LTH

Past few games they had little to no pass rush (Stafford had all kinds of time to throw last week) and they can't stop the run. Which is quite puzzling since Ford, Woods, and Mone are known to be run stopper DTs first. They are getting gashed up the middle and then slashed on the outside. If they do those things and make Steelers one-dimensional on offense, they may have a chance to come out of this game with a win.

Eskridge is on IR. Not sure if he can be activated from it this soon since he was placed on it on Oct 7. https://www.seahawks.com/news/seaha...njured-reserve-elevate-wr-phillip-dorsett-ii-

keasley45

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":dmm7o6ed said:
Blitz Adams every other play. Send him from different spots and angles.
Put Rapistburger on his back a lot.

On offense use passes early on with the TE’s and RB’s to open up the deep ball.

I think this would be a nice change of pace. Find a way to bring adams down without being a liability, or have him on the field with Neal playing high. Maybe rotate him in at LB and really use him as a wildcard 'joker' type.

keasley45

Reaction score
Also i think we need get Hart involved. No reason he can't fill the role Eskridge was supposed to have. That would stretch the dline a bit and open up lanes for Collins.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2x63jf3s said:
Also i think we need get Hart involved. No reason he can't fill the role Eskridge was supposed to have. That would stretch the dline a bit and open up lanes for Collins.

Yes i forgot Eskridge was on Ir but Hart is just as fast...