Potential CB market for Seahawks

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I saw that the Saints released Desmond Trufant this week. Along with Trufant, the following are also free agents currently -

DJ Hayden, Jags
Brian Poole, Saints
Gareon Conley, Texans
Michael Davis, Chargers
Neiko Thorpe, Seahawks
Nickell Roby-Coleman, Lions
Prince Amukamara, Saints

The full list is on Sportrac - https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/all/cornerback//

I hope PC/JS continue to search the DB market because most of what they have on the roster isn't cutting it. There are some good players still available, not great, but average or slight better. Which would be an upgrade over the current rostered players at CB.

LTH

Reaction score
I guess that is an option but why is it that you don't buy the fact they might like the guys they have. They might just need some playing time to get used to and understand the scheme?

LTH

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LTH":zuqy9hb7 said:
I guess that is an option but why is it that you don't buy the fact they might like the guys they have. They might just need some playing time to get used to and understand the scheme?

LTH

Because I have very little faith that they will develop. It’s not because of the players are bad but because they are getting coaching that is subpar. Andre Curtis needs to be axed. Two years plus with a horrible coaching in development of DB players. Plus the scheme sucks too because he’s the defensive passing game coordinator. It’s better to seek out vets who come in and provide a band aid. Just like Duane Brown did in his first season with the Seahawks at LT. He came through a trade but the Seahawks have very few tradeable assets currently. So FA is the way to go for band aid to stop the bleeding.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1k3p7im5 said:
LTH":1k3p7im5 said:

LTH

Because I have very little faith that they will develop. It’s not because of the players are bad but because they are getting coaching that is subpar. Andre Curtis needs to be axed. Two years plus with a horrible coaching in development of DB players. Plus the scheme sucks too because he’s the defensive passing game coordinator. It’s better to seek out vets who come in and provide a band aid. Just like Duane Brown did in his first season with the Seahawks at LT. He came through a trade but the Seahawks have very few tradeable assets currently. So FA is the way to go for band aid to stop the bleeding.

I think that if the coaching is as bad as you say it is, then anybody who comes in here is going to suffer the same fate as the rest of the players. It's not as if any of the guys on that list are J Ramsey talented to the point they'd be able to overcome a scheme design and coaching that contributes to 3 or 4 players missing assignments on a pretty regular basis. The opposing qb would get around him by throwing to the other DB's.

I see your point in looking , and I'm sure the FO is probably looking at those same guys - it's a good list. And if they think that somebody out there is just a flat out better player than someone we have, they might pull the trigger. I just don't see it as being the factor in getting to better overall play, because the play is so inconsistent.

I'd want to see consistency first and failure on the basis of the players just not being good enough before I give away a player or picks to acquire what might just be a lateral acquisition. But that's just me. You might be right.

Rule

Reaction score
wasn’t thorpe also a good special teamer? seems like worth a try again?