Russell Wilson Matters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Time to stop with the trade Wilson narrative. He is a bona fide franchise QB. This game tonight is a win with #3 playing.

SlickRick

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":33wt0pkr said:
Time to stop with the trade Wilson narrative. He is a bona fide franchise QB. This game tonight is a win with #3 playing.

This is a bonafide fact & with out a doubt, they stomp Pittsburgh with Wilson.

getnasty

Reaction score
Obviously Russell Wilson Matters but am i 100% sure they win if Russell plays? Not 100%. I guarantee they don't commit to the run game like they did and give the defense a break if Russell plays.

PNW

Reaction score
You do whatever you can to keep Wilson, fire Pete, fire Ken, Fire John....literally anyone to keep Russ.

balakoth

Reaction score
NEver thought he didn't... but what was he going to do under that protection? Is that what we would have called for a less mobile Wilson? Didnt love the performance... but dallas went in instead of out... DB was getting beat like a drum,,, our RT was easily swept constantly, would have rather seen the rookie there tonight

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
PNW":1rwqf9ra said:
You do whatever you can to keep Wilson, fire Pete, fire Ken, Fire John....literally anyone to keep Russ.

Let's see how he finishes out the year . He hasn't played great this year either so way to early to make that call.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1emknosj said:
PNW":1emknosj said:

Let's see how he finishes out the year . He hasn't played great this year either so way to early to make that call.

Ahh really

Wilson is

#3 in complt%
#1 in ypa
#9 in tds
#1 in td/int ratio
# in passer rating

Seems he is play great but when u have the worst defense in the league u need some help.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":10q65kjt said:

I think differently like having a rookie that would’ve played no better or worse than Geno did. Not having RWs salary on the books and then the extra 4-6 quality players you could have instead split between o line and defense that suddenly makes the team that much more effective overall than it is now.

John63

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1p62todz said:
He'd matter more if he could throw over the middle consistently.

As the passing charts that have been posted in this forum clearly show he does and can. So that narrative is not true.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Btw this game I think RW would’ve believed in his abilities to make more plays and would’ve taken more sacks

John63

Reaction score
balakoth":116p1tcg said:
NEver thought he didn't... but what was he going to do under that protection? Is that what we would have called for a less mobile Wilson? Didnt love the performance... but dallas went in instead of out... DB was getting beat like a drum,,, our RT was easily swept constantly, would have rather seen the rookie there tonight

Wilson has been dealing with that for 10 years all while being a top qb. He would have mattered.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":g4zxttki said:
He'd matter more if he could throw over the middle consistently.

geno did and his passes got batted down 3 times maybe 4. i guess being taller is not all you need to be to play better than wilson.

John63

Reaction score
ZagHawk":38rdhl7f said:
Btw this game I think RW would’ve believed in his abilities to make more plays and would’ve taken more sacks

Maybe or maybe he would have made the plays.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Of course he matters. He's just never gonna matter enough to overcome the roster limitations that come along with him

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":24kjkatp said:
Of course he matters. He's just never gonna matter enough to overcome the roster limitations that come along with him

I disagree he might not ever be able to overcome the limitations presented by the HC.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3ruvji3t said:
oldhawkfan":3ruvji3t said:

I think differently like having a rookie that would’ve played no better or worse than Geno did. Not having RWs salary on the books and then the extra 4-6 quality players you could have instead split between o line and defense that suddenly makes the team that much more effective overall than it is now.

Russell Wilson and Patrick Mahomes. That’s it. Those are the only two examples of winning a Super Bowl with a QB on a cheap contract. Those two are bona fide franchise QBs. Get rid of Russell and look for a whole bunch of Blake Bortles, Sam Darnolds, Dwayne Haskins, Drew Locks, etc pouring in and out of Seattle. Franchise QBs are not easy to acquire. When you get one you ride that horse. You fit your offense to his strengths. For 36 years I watched this team play with journeyman QBs to a few that were pretty good on occasion.

Since basically the Chicago game of his rookie year I have rarely felt like the Seahawks could not win a game with Russell Wilson at QB. I’m too damn old to wait another possible 36 years for the next franchise QB.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
John63":195l4yh9 said:
OrangeGravy":195l4yh9 said:

I disagree he might not ever be able to overcome the limitations presented by the HC.
Doesn't matter what the limitations are. He's not good enough to overcome them. New coach, New system isn't changing that formula. Russell + Russell's contract = no path to SB. The only chance he has to get back is the Brady path. It requires a team that built itself up through crap seasons while not paying a QB and acquiring said QB at the right stage of team development. Even that formula requires some good fortune along the way and Russell isn't Brady. Not many teams exist in that state. Seattle can't be one of those teams without hitting the big reset button

John63

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1ct0zrgt said:
John63":1ct0zrgt said:
OrangeGravy":1ct0zrgt said:

Doesn't matter what the limitations are. He's not good enough to overcome them. New coach, New system isn't changing that formula. Russell + Russell's contract = no path to SB. The only chance he has to get back is the Brady path. It requires a team that built itself up through crap seasons while not paying a QB and acquiring said QB at the right stage of team development. Even that formula requires some good fortune along the way and Russell isn't Brady. Not many teams exist in that state. Seattle can't be one of those teams without hitting the big reset button

And again if the problem is the HC then thr no path to the SB has nothing to do with wson or his salary but instead with hc.

In what world would any qb be able to take a team.with the worst defense in the league. A horrible oline and a hc who can't or won't adjust to today's football. Answer no qb can. New coach that understands the modern football game can.

U see your post makes it obvious u think Wilson or his contract is the problem. Yet anyone with eyes seeing the same crap with a different qb, and oc can see its the HC.