Transition Jamal to LB?

W

Welshers

He's not a safety. Could he work as an LB or is he too small? If not just trade him. Would anyone even trade anything for his monster contract?

Reaction score
Should have been done last year. This game just reinforced what seemed obvious in that he struggles to make plays on the ball.

Even moving him to LB in this system I'm not sure would work. He's undersized. I think he'd have more value in a 3-4 system.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Do anything but put him in coverage. He should be embarrassed that he calls himself the best and can’t get to easy int’s. Home field fans should boo him and make fun of him. Maybe then he will practice catching the ball. Or get his eyes checked cause he is not a athlete in the nfl. He’s pathetic. Lol

Well at least we know his contract year he will play good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW

Reaction score
While I agree we should move him to LB, in reality he’s too small for LB and just gets swallowed up by blockers. Even when WR/TE block him he gets manhandled and plunked all game. He should meet the blocks with more violence at the point of attack and attempt to disrupt the play better but he’s always in what appears to be a slow 75% practice speed when he’s engaging in blocks. :roll:

hawker84

Reaction score
Trade him, move Diggs to SS, put Blair at free. Adams is a liability at this point. Well, one of many liabilities.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

hawker84":t4pn6i70 said:
Trade him, move Diggs to SS, put Blair at free. Afams is a liability at this point. Well, one of many liabilities.
Yeah but waht could they even get for him? Would anyone even want to trade for his huge contract for a guy ranked bottom half at his position?

hawker84

Reaction score
Welshers":bgqa0xfx said:
hawker84":bgqa0xfx said:
Trade him, move Diggs to SS, put Blair at free. Afams is a liability at this point. Well, one of many liabilities.
Yeah but waht could they even get for him? Would anyone even want to trade for his huge contract for a guy ranked bottom half at his position?

Very true.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He has to be a LB hybrid, specifically there to rush the passer and provide run support. In run support, he should be chasing the runner down from behind though, never the reverse.

He cannot shed blocks, so if he gets in front of the runner - he is likely to get blocked out of the play whomever is supporting that runner.

Same reason he should be careful when he telegraphs his blitz. He gets washed out in the line if they account for him, and frankly the RB often can hold him up.

He should be coming from both sides, not just up the middle. And we should give up trying to get him to cover, use Neal for that please.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":22hdzvmy said:
He has to be a LB hybrid, specifically there to rush the passer and provide run support. In run support, he should be chasing the runner down from behind though, never the reverse.

He cannot shed blocks, so if he gets in front of the runner - he is likely to get blocked out of the play whomever is supporting that runner.

Same reason he should be careful when he telegraphs his blitz. He gets washed out in the line if they account for him, and frankly the RB often can hold him up.

He should be coming from both sides, not just up the middle. And we should give up trying to get him to cover, use Neal for that please.

Who was it that played for the Cardinals some years ago? Bucannon? He was essentially a SS/LB Hybrid and he was used to great effect. Adam's should just be that.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
hawker84":2cn7626d said:
Welshers":2cn7626d said:
hawker84":2cn7626d said:

Very true.

There's 31 other teams in the league, half of their HC/GM's are dumb enough to make dumb choices like this. See Bill O'Brien before he got fired. I don't think we'd get more than a single 2nd round pick at this point, but I've been shocked by trades before.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Adams could be useful.

But Pete needs to stop trying to use players the way he wants them to be, instead of the way they are best used.

Pete is the king of forcing square pegs into round holes, and always got away with it because he regularly found new contributors out of nowhere that made up for the good/great players he was squandering.

But now he isn't finding great players anymore, and he is wasting good players by misusing them while he fritters away the prime years of the 1 great player we have left.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
How bout transitioning him off the team.

At this point with a lost season I'd take a 2nd round pick just for someone to take Adam's contract off our hands.

This will not get better no matter how you use him, it'll only get worse and worse as he ages and his body continues to break down.

There's also a distinct possibility he becomes a locker room cancer, he's got that type of personality, and he already did it once in NY. So brace yourself for that down the pipe at sometime as Adam's becomes more and more frustrated.

Seymour

Reaction score
Welshers":2rhvhmdd said:
He's not a safety. Could he work as an LB or is he too small? If not just trade him. Would anyone even trade anything for his monster contract?

So a 6'1" 215 lb LB??

"Just have him put on weight", and then slow down and lose the 1 thing he has, speed?

Nope.....he is in no mans land and should have never been signed. Huge failure by this organization because once again, their eyes got so big they got blurred vision.

:pukeface:

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't get this. He doesn't beat blockers - he works as a rusher only when he's got a free path to the QB.

I just don't see how he wouldn't get manhandled as an LB.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
pinksheets":3u2j36fn said:
I don't get this. He doesn't beat blockers - he works as a rusher only when he's got a free path to the QB.

I just don't see how he wouldn't get manhandled as an LB.

This. JA does nothing special. He does not create anything on his own and does nothing to create for others. Pete Carol should be fired for this acquisition and contract alone. No matter what else happens this year.

sdog1981

Reaction score
So many posters are thinking it is 4-3 1995 football with linebackers needing to fight off fullbacks on HB power. Teams run out of the shotgun with no lead blocker these days.

Deon Bucannon from 2014 to 2017 would be what he would look like if moved to a hybrid linebacker. That was a Todd Bowles 34 defense that used him in 3 safety sets that they were running.

The Seahawks were the number 2 team in the league running a 3 linebacker base package and that was only 38% of their snaps. The other 62% of the snaps were run with 2 or 1 linebacker, so Adams could have a home moved to linebacker/safety hybrid.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
sdog1981":2lma1c8w said:
So many posters are thinking it is 4-3 1995 football with linebackers needing to fight off fullbacks on HB power. Teams run out of the shotgun with no lead blocker these days.

Deon Bucannon from 2014 to 2017 would be what he would look like if moved to a hybrid linebacker. That was a Todd Bowles 34 defense that used him in 3 safety sets that they were running.

The Seahawks were the number 2 team in the league running a 3 linebacker base package and that was only 38% of their snaps. The other 62% of the snaps were run with 2 or 1 linebacker, so Adams could have a home moved to linebacker/safety hybrid.

Disagree, If I remember right he was blocked squarely out of a play by Coopper Kup. Yep found it. If he cant step up into a hole and take on the wr to make a tackle you cant play a LB spot.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1446300198200766475[/tweet]

He is mediocre to below average in causing turnovers. 2 Int's and 7 forced fumbles in 5 years. Perspective TJ Watt has 20 FF. KJ Wright had more interceptions in 2019 (3).

JA does nothing well on his own. He needs to be spoon fed all his plays. He averaged 8 blitzes per game, while bobby blitzed 100 times !!!!

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/jamal-adams-is-the-worst-trade-of-the-carroll-era

I can't believe people talk about him as a playmaker or a difference maker, for goodness sake just watch him play.

I love the reference of him being a peacock. He struts around while doing nothing.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Fudwamper":2ugm8f3d said:
I can't believe people talk about him as a playmaker or a difference maker, for goodness sake just watch him play.

I love the reference of him being a peacock. He struts around while doing nothing.

That was your example? Him playing 15 yards away from the play? That is a play taking place in space with him playing as a safety.

PNW

Reaction score
sdog1981":1f9cvuf5 said:
Fudwamper":1f9cvuf5 said:

That was your example? Him playing 15 yards away from the play? That is a play taking place in space with him playing as a safety.
That makes it even worse, he had momentum to crush an injured Cooper Krupp at the point of attack, but he got punked out of the play, I’ve seen this example time and time again all year. He gets punked by WR/TE’s, god forbid an O-lineman gets their hands on him, they’ll eat him for a snack all game.