Still steaming about Watt not getting ejected.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
If its sufficiently egregious to the throw the flag its got to be an ejection surely.

Maybe I can take an iron bar to Watt's face and just say "I was going for the ball".

[youtube]dBoJMLa2xpA[/youtube]

Fudwamper

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2izkwpb1 said:
If its sufficiently egregious to the throw the flag its got to be an ejection surely.

Maybe I can take an iron bar to Watt's face and just say "I was going for the ball".

I was livid too. It technically is against the rules to punch at the ball.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2021-nfl-rulebook/#section-3-unsportsmanlike-conduct

Technically its up to the ref to decide for disqualification. There is no automatic disqualification for punching the 1st time.

CONDUCT FOULS
In addition to any penalty referenced elsewhere in the Official Playing Rules, a player will be automatically disqualified if that player is penalized twice in the same game for committing one of the unsportsmanlike conduct fouls listed below, or a combination of the fouls listed below:

Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.
Using abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures to opponents, teammates, officials, or representatives of the League.
Using baiting or taunting acts or words that may engender ill will between teams.
The player will be automatically disqualified regardless of whether the penalty is accepted or declined by the opponent. The fouls do not have to be judged by the official to be flagrant for the automatic disqualification to occur, and any foul that occurs during the pregame warm-up period will carry over into the game. Nothing in this section supersedes the Game Official’s discretion to judge a foul to be flagrant and disqualify the player based on one occurrence.

SECTION 3 - UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT
ARTICLE 1. PROHIBITED ACTS
There shall be no unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies to any act which is contrary to the generally understood principles of sportsmanship. Such acts specifically include, among others:

Throwing a punch, or a forearm, or kicking at an opponent, even though no contact is made.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I'm more upset we didn't draft him. Instead we got, *checks notes* Malik McDowell... (Seattle had the 26th pick before trading down)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What’s hilarious is, Watt, is a known puncher.

Habitual.

Go check out him punching Sam Darnold.

In the nuts!

But since he plays for the Steelers, he automatically gets Pittsburgh referee favoritism benefits.

There’s nothing we can do about it.

Let it go.

Rat

Reaction score
Eh, wasn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't support one of our players getting thrown out for that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He’s going to get fined for that……….

Oh wait….. no he won’t, he’s a beloved player from the stealers who are a legacy team.

Nevermind, carry on.

RVA_311

Reaction score
Rat":2dobnc05 said:
Eh, wasn't that big of a deal. I wouldn't support one of our players getting thrown out for that.

I agree for the most part, but it was still pretty nuts. I appreciate playing to the whistle and trying to make a play, etc...but Watt was particularly over the top on this one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He also looked like he was elbowing him in the head after trying to punch at the ball. But, let me guess, that's ok too I guess......

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkinNY":4tekmy0x said:
Watt is a very known steroid user outside of football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This may be true but a statement like this should include some sort of proof.

You got a link to anything related?

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Rat":28ld6y6q said:

I would. It is a big deal actually. The act of punching (the ball out) is illegal, regardless of intent. The fact that he literally threw body blows twice, then punched down a few more times without making contact with the ball sets a precedent.

I was really disappointed when no one on the hawks did anything back to their RB.

I can see in the future a Suh/Incognito like player doing this to hurt someone if he is not fined or was not thrown out of the game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
It's the Steelers and they historically get away with penalties against Seattle. He punched Collins in the stomach and in the chest but he's a star DE so no call.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ywod7fi said:
It's the Steelers and they historically get away with penalties against Seattle. He punched Collins in the stomach and in the chest but he's a star DE so no call.

True, kind of like Michael Jordon never getting called for traveling which he did a lot and or foot shuffles.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I've seen Adams and Blair punch the ball carrier on multiple occasions

LTH

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1pjhgn13 said:

Yes that was unbelievable...

so was the non call when Lockett got tripped up against the Rams thats was devistating

Both those non calls affected the out comes of the games..

LTH

Latest posts