My thoughts

LTH

Reaction score
The bottom line is they lost the game... This puts them in a deep hole...

There was improvement on D...The secondary was much tighter... they improved on 3rd down conversion and they were better against the run...the D put the team into position to win the game...

It just depends on how you see it... they lost a tough one in over time, on the road, to a good Steelers D.

I thought Geno played well over all...He managed the game very well. He did not play as well as I thought he was going to.

They were very conservative in the first half which makes me think they were trying to get him in the rhythm of the game with out putting to much pressure on him... I think the expectation I had for him was unrealistic for his first start in years. Will he be better? I think he will... But I also think its UNREALISTIC to JUDGE Geno off of ONE start.

a lot of people were looking to see if Geno was going to answer some questions about Russ not taking the check down and being a bit selfish concerning his stats vs the win... I don't think those questions were answered at least in my mind. I'm not downing Russ when I say these things.. I just think EVERY GREAT QB has to go through this type of self examination to jump to the next level (Brady)

I think the question that was answered is that Geno has some work to do to be a great starting caliber QB , as I feel Russ would have found a way to win that game...Its just a reminder to how great of a QB Russ is....to many opportunities lost, But that doesn't necessarily go ALL on Geno...That doesn't mean that Geno won't be better in the future and that doesn't mean that Geno is not going to fulfill his role.

lets give some credit to where credit is due Geno had some nice plays and managed the game well, just not to the level of an elite QB...Lets see where Geno takes it and how he Bounces back this will be the next question about Geno...

I think it is tragic that Russ got hurt because I think the D is turning it around...I believe if Russ was in there they would have won that game. That doesn't mean that he would have it just means that It's my opinion...

So where are they at this point?

They have to dig out of a deep hole down 4 games to the cards 3 to the Rams.

It's not over yet... lets see how the Hawks bounce back. This will be a big factor to see if this team can compete in the west.. We don't know what is going to happen.. the NFL is a crazy league and crazy sh!t happens.. the Cards and Rams had a fast start that doesn't mean that its going to continue. NOTHING is set in stone just perception..

Rather than attacking each other because of differing opinions we should talk about what's happening and what possibilities can happen for them to work out of this. GREATNESS IS DEFINED BY HOW ONE WORKS OUT OF ADVERSITY... This is what the Hawks are up against...This is where Carroll shines being the underdog.. lets see where it goes..

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":2xn0kwsi said:

There was improvement on D...The secondary was much tighter... they improved on 3rd down conversion and they were better against the run...the D put the team into position to win the game...

It just depends on how you see it... they lost a tough one in over time, on the road, to a good Steelers D.

I thought Geno played well over all...He managed the game very well. He did not play as well as I thought he was going to.

They were very conservative in the first half which makes me think they were trying to get him in the rhythm of the game with out putting to much pressure on him... I think the expectation I had for him was unrealistic for his first start in years. Will he be better? I think he will... But I also think its UNREALISTIC to JUDGE Geno off of ONE start.

a lot of people were looking to see if Geno was going to answer some questions about Russ not taking the check down and being a bit selfish concerning his stats vs the win... I don't think those questions were answered at least in my mind. I'm not downing Russ when I say these things.. I just think EVERY GREAT QB has to go through this type of self examination to jump to the next level (Brady)

I think the question that was answered is that Geno has some work to do to be a great starting caliber QB , as I feel Russ would have found a way to win that game...Its just a reminder to how great of a QB Russ is....to many opportunities lost, But that doesn't necessarily go ALL on Geno...That doesn't mean that Geno won't be better in the future and that doesn't mean that Geno is not going to fulfill his role.

lets give some credit to where credit is due Geno had some nice plays and managed the game well, just not to the level of an elite QB...Lets see where Geno takes it and how he Bounces back this will be the next question about Geno...

I think it is tragic that Russ got hurt because I think the D is turning it around...I believe if Russ was in there they would have won that game. That doesn't mean that he would have it just means that It's my opinion...

It's not over yet... lets see how the Hawks bounce back. This will be a big factor to see if this team can compete in the west.. We don't know what is going to happen.. the NFL is a crazy league and crazy sh!t happens.. the Cards and Rams had a fast start that doesn't mean that its going to continue. NOTHING is set in stone just perception..

Rather than attacking each other because of differing opinions we should talk about what's happening and what possibilities can happen for them to work out of this. GREATNESS IS DEFINED BY HOW ONE WORKS OUT OF ADVERSITY... This is what the Hawks are up against...This is where Carroll shines being the underdog.. lets see where it goes..

LTH

Sorry, a Pete press conference in writing, we need to change philosophy and with the players we have on offense attack from first possession and when we find a weakness exploit it, not do everything else but it. Defense still has D line penetration and pressure issue, Mr I have a hip replacement surgery in my future was basically untouched all night for the most part.

Jville

Reaction score
LTH":38p2mcb6 said:

LTH

While I applaud your effort to bring a useful perspective, I think it will go no where. Your outnumbered by an emotional mob (90%+) that can't be bothered by thoughtful details that interrupt forum moaning and groaning and crying.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the Pittsburgh game. I learned a lot. But, this is the wrong forum to actually share game lessons. This forum is simply not conducive to analyzing a football game.

There will be no tolerance for any open and useful discussion about the throwing mechanics and release point of the current quarterback in comparison to his predecessor. Reactionary yelling and screaming is what this forum is about. Quite likely because it requires virtually nothing from it's practitioners.

Sorry :229031_shrug: it's just what happens to the purpose of open forums when it gets over run by reactionary noise. There are citizen journalists emerging as alternatives. But, it's left up to each of us to thoughtfully pick and chose who is worth looking in on.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":39c6sjdd said:
The delusion is real with this post

Delusional?

What is delusional?

Did the Seahawk D show improvement? yes they did.

Did the cornerback position show improvement> yes they did

Was Geno Wilson horrible? no he wasn't he just wasn't elite when the game was on the line.. they did make an amazing comeback and scored 20 points in the 2nd half... Geno did make some great passes like the one to Everett.

Is this something to build on for Geno? yes it is...

Does Geno have the talent to fulfill his role? Yes he does...

Did the Seahawks have great success running the ball against a top 10 run D/ yes they did.

Are the Seahawks out of contention in the west? No they are not. There is still a chance they could pull it out...

Is Greatness defined by how a team deals with adversity? Yes it absolutely is...

Has this team given up? No they have not

is it possible that the Rams and Cards 2nd part of the season not as good as the first part? yes it is!

So what part of this is delusional? It's not delusional its just not YOUR opinion...

LTH

Fade

Reaction score
LTH":2rerhv93 said:

LTH
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1449937223172837384[/tweet]
Baffling. The look on my face while reading this post.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":1om5ojzh said:
LTH":1om5ojzh said:

LTH

While I applaud your effort to bring a useful perspective, I think it will go no where. Your outnumbered by an emotional mob (90%+) that can't be bothered by thoughtful details that interrupt forum moaning and groaning and crying.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the Pittsburgh game. I learned a lot. But, this is the wrong forum to actually share game lessons. This forum is simply not conducive to analyzing a football game.

There will be no tolerance for any open and useful discussion about the throwing mechanics and release point of the current quarterback in comparison to his predecessor. Reactionary yelling and screaming is what this forum is about. Quite likely because it requires virtually nothing from it's practitioners.

Sorry :229031_shrug: it's just what happens to the purpose of open forums when it gets over run by reactionary noise. There are citizen journalists emerging as alternatives. But, it's left up to each of us to thoughtfully pick and chose who is worth looking in on.

There are a lot of smart people on this board most of which choose not to post... does it look bleak? Why yes it does look bleak but that's is the reason that creates greatness... working out of negative situations... Are the Seahawks going to pull out of this? I have no idea what's going to happen but instead of whining and moaning about a loss lets talk about the football that's being played intelligently and explore what's happening more than fire everybody because it's not going the way we want to see it...

Maybe at the end of the season Pete will get fired and they will clean house... but right now that's not what's happening... what's happening is the Seahawks had a slow start they have dug them selves a hole lets see if they can work out of it...lets explore what's happening on the field instead of being so emotionally involved in the loss that half the city needs to take Prozac to get over it... It's not over... really its not... this team continues to grow and get better at some point they will break out lets hope its not to late...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
okay perspective time

this was a bottom 5 offense we faced. So saying the defense played well is hollow.

As to the offense once again we waste da half of football proving this is not a Wilson issue or Geno issue but either a Waldron issue or PC issue.

Now as to Geno mixed bag. good complt%, 1 td decent Passer rating. On the other end 6 batted balls, and the fumble. that's 2 TOs in 1.3 games. 6,5 ypa not great, 5 sacks. So in one full game, Geno has almost 40% of the sacks in 1 game that Wilson had in 5 games. Once again showing it's either the oline or playcalling or design. Again lost TOP (mostly due to long drives by the opponent), again bad on 3rd down(mostly due to 3rd and longs), We did not give up over 400 yards on defense only 345, but again Pitt is a bottom 5 offense. Penalties are an issue again 6 but they all hurt.

So in other words same old same old, just luckily against a bottom 5 offense and a defense missing 2 of its starters on defense.

So to me, it was the same old same old, except we can now say it is not a Wilson thing, not a Geno thing. It's either Waldron or PC or both.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
A lot of us have seen this coming for a while, and to be frank, it sucks. Would rather be dead wrong.

Not going to pee in someone's Cheerios for wanting to believe in the best outcome.

I'm resigned to this being the next 2 years.

We are already seeing people give Pete credit for 'almost' winning last night.

Nevermind this was one of the easiest games we will face all year and we lost.

I don't think we will beat the Jags but maybe that one is an option.

For the most part, we are going to be the underdog until Wilson gets back - and even WITH a healthy Wilson we still have Pete as a giant albatross on Wilson's neck.

Going to have to hope you are right LTH.

But I've accepted we had a lot of winning for almost a decade (though not really in the playoffs since the SB loss) so that was our moment in the sun. Now someone else gets it. Now teams like the Cards, Browns, and Bills...maybe even Chargers...are better than us.

Maybe it can be turned around. But we faced one of the worst offenses in the league, and did not exactly shut them down.

We are stuck with Pete. And that means a lot more 'wins' that end up as losses in the official standings but everyone falling over themselves to point out what a good job he did or give him credit for only losing by a little.

This is a 5-7 win team and that is the future we face every year we keep Pete.

Jville

Reaction score
Throwing a tweet up on the wall.

Meaningless noise IMO.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
DangeRussHawk":3j5nojot said:
The delusion is real with this post

Better get used to it, there is an over abundance on this site.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":23ynkzus said:
Has this team given up? No they have not

This is really the only positive I took out of last night's game, the Hawks didn't quit......and the emergence of Tre Brown, he was the lone bright spot on defense.

But other than this, yes you are being overly optimistic. Both the Rams and Cards are boat racing teams, so without Russell for another 3-4 weeks means by the time he comes back we'll be at LEAST 5-6 games out with half the season gone.

Which is fine, optimism. Nothing wrong with that.

Stud

Reaction score
The D improved? Please don't fall into the same trap that Seahawks fan did last year. Your historically terrible D in 2020 only really improved because you had the easiest 2nd half schedule in the NFL.

The Steelers O is one of the bottom 10 offenses in the league. Seahawks didn't improve, they just played a pedestrian offense.

Jville

Reaction score
LTH":3eqdsnbt said:
Jville":3eqdsnbt said:
LTH":3eqdsnbt said:

LTH

There are a lot of smart people on this board most of which choose not to post... does it look bleak? Why yes it does look bleak but that's is the reason that creates greatness... working out of negative situations... Are the Seahawks going to pull out of this? I have no idea what's going to happen but instead of whining and moaning about a loss lets talk about the football that's being played intelligently and explore what's happening more than fire everybody because it's not going the way we want to see it...

Maybe at the end of the season Pete will get fired and they will clean house... but right now that's not what's happening... what's happening is the Seahawks had a slow start they have dug them selves a hole lets see if they can work out of it...lets explore what's happening on the field instead of being so emotionally involved in the loss that half the city needs to take Prozac to get over it... It's not over... really its not... this team continues to grow and get better at some point they will break out lets hope its not to late...

LTH

Best of Luck ............... but don't beat yourself up trying to talk about a process or football with the emotionally challenged.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
John63":2jkfdcuz said:
okay perspective time

this was a bottom 5 offense we faced. So saying the defense played well is hollow.

As to the offense once again we waste da half of football proving this is not a Wilson issue or Geno issue but either a Waldron issue or PC issue.

Now as to Geno mixed bag. good complt%, 1 td decent Passer rating. On the other end 6 batted balls, and the fumble. that's 2 TOs in 1.3 games. 6,5 ypa not great, 5 sacks. So in one full game, Geno has almost 40% of the sacks in 1 game that Wilson had in 5 games. Once again showing it's either the oline or playcalling or design. Again lost TOP (mostly due to long drives by the opponent), again bad on 3rd down(mostly due to 3rd and longs), We did not give up over 400 yards on defense only 345, but again Pitt is a bottom 5 offense. Penalties are an issue again 6 but they all hurt.

So in other words same old same old, just luckily against a bottom 5 offense and a defense missing 2 of its starters on defense.

So to me, it was the same old same old, except we can now say it is not a Wilson thing, not a Geno thing. It's either Waldron or PC or both.

Ok lets start here ...so I find it interesting that the O came alive when they started running the ball... it opened up the passing attack... Its my understanding that Pete made those adjustments... they scored 20 points against a good D..

Regardless if the O was good or not the corner backs made some nice plays DJ reed and Tre Brown looked good... and jones was even better

So ok you can say that the hawks played against a week O that's fine but you can't say that those plays the corners made were not solid much improved in technique plays... there is good things to build upon... the key games are still ahead we still Play AZ twice and the Rams once...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":3b4ocnka said:
Are the Seahawks out of contention in the west? No they are not. There is still a chance they could pull it out...

This is where your losing everybody, hence the delusional comment. Mathematically theres a chance, but realistically theres no chance. Seattle is just not a good football team. From the ownership, to the coaching staff, to the players,,,,,,the team is broken.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Jville":3i4w8us6 said:
LTH":3i4w8us6 said:
Jville":3i4w8us6 said:
LTH":3i4w8us6 said:

LTH

LTH

Best of Luck ............... but don't beat yourself up trying to talk about a process or football with the emotionally challenged.

I'm way past that...but thanks for reminding me...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":11vfvpy1 said:
LTH":11vfvpy1 said:

This is where your losing everybody, hence the delusional comment. Mathematically theres a chance, but realistically theres no chance. Seattle is just not a good football team. From the ownership, to the coaching staff, to the players,,,,,,the team is broken.

We still play the Cards twice and the Rams once... How Many times have u seen a team start off fast and then fall apart at the end for what ever reason an injusry or maybe the NFL figures them out...

So many things can happen...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":3a2cnr2o said:
LTH":3a2cnr2o said:

LTH
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1449937223172837384[/tweet]
Baffling. The look on my face while reading this post.

Thats what you said last year when you were SURE the Hawks were not going to make the Playoffs.... There is a lot of football to be played and excuse me if I'm not giving up like you... Ive seen many great comebacks from a Pete Carroll team and I enjoy watching football I'm not going to just give up and throw the whole season down the drain until it becomes that situation... if you want to that's fine... but if and when they make a comeback you won't even be able to enjoy that just like last year... that's fine but don't try to make me feel bad because you do how fair is that?

LTH

John63

Reaction score
LTH":39fvzocy said:
John63":39fvzocy said:
okay perspective time

Ok lets start here ...so I find it interesting that the O came alive when they started running the ball... it opened up the passing attack... Its my understanding that Pete made those adjustments... they scored 20 points against a good D..

Regardless if the O was good or not the corner backs made some nice plays DJ reed and Tre Brown looked good... and jones was even better

So ok you can say that the hawks played against a week O that's fine but you can't say that those plays the corners made were not solid much improved in technique plays... there is good things to build upon... the key games are still ahead we still Play AZ twice and the Rams once...

LTH

Lol if u watched thr game u would have heard that the Steeles came out expecting the Hawks to pass. So that may have had something to do with it. Once Pitt adjusted to the run we were toast with our last 6 drives ending in only 2 fgs. And a wrapping 100 yards. The run game caught them.by surprise but that lasted 2 drives. Great after eating a half of football PC decided that. A good catch would have decided that after 1 qtr or less.