Wilson’s reaction to a play being called

John63

Reaction score
Mizak":qor2jqzz said:
https://twitter.com/PatrickClaybon/status/1449937223172837384?s=20

His face says it all.

Yup and it lost yards too.

So 3rd OC and 5th qb under oc and uses Wilson is there to make.something out of nothing we look bad. Fyi again in his career as HC PC is barely a 400 coach.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
John63":9yyrh7mw said:
Mizak":9yyrh7mw said:

His face says it all.

So 3rd OC and 5th qb under oc and uses Wilson is there to make.something out of nothing we look bad. Fyi again in his career as HC PC is barely a 400 coach.

PC is way better than a 400 coach. His NFL coaching record is 158–107–1 (.596). That being said, it might be time for him to step aside. With the ink barely dry on a 5 year extension, him stepping aside might be the only way the team makes a change. I’m not sure what it would take to fire him. Not sure if JS has the authority or cahones to do it.

John63

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3ufzjt2r said:
John63":3ufzjt2r said:
Mizak":3ufzjt2r said:

His face says it all.

PC is way better than a 400 coach. His NFL coaching record is 158–107–1 (.596). That being said, it might be time for him to step aside. With the ink barely dry on a 5 year extension, him stepping aside might be the only way the team makes a change. I’m not sure what it would take to fire him. Not sure if JS has the authority or cahones to do it.

Without Wilson he is 400 or so, Sorry I thought I wrote that. For a Guy who everyone says is such a genius one would think he would be better.

Lets look at it without Wilson

6-10 jets
10-6 NE
9-7 NE
8-8 NE
7-9 Seattle
7-9 Seattle

47-49 48% with 2 winning seasons

With Wilson Full season only
11-5
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7
10-6
11-5
12-4

97-46-1 67% With 9 winning seasons

Huge Difference.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
John63":317p977l said:
oldhawkfan":317p977l said:
John63":317p977l said:
Mizak":317p977l said:

His face says it all.

Without Wilson he is 400 or so, Sorry I thought I wrote that. For a Guy who everyone says is such a genius one would think he would be better.

6-10 jets
10-6 NE
9-7 NE
8-8 NE
7-9 Seattle
7-9 Seattle

11-5
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7
10-6
11-5
12-4

Huge Difference.

Fair enough. Russell Wilson can mask a lot of deficiencies.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":35r1mrr0 said:
Bill is 63 and 75 without Brady.

Except Bill never said he did not need a top QB. PC has said all he needs is a great run game. A great defense and an QB that can just mange the game and not make mistakes. That is not. Top QB. The problem is his system never worked till he got his top QB and even then only for 3 years.

However perhaps just proved another point i have said the top QB is more important than the HC.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
John63":nv93vwaq said:
Shanegotyou11":nv93vwaq said:

Except Bill never said he did not need a top QB. PC has said all he needs is a great run game. A great defense and an QB that can just mange the game and not make mistakes. That is not. Top QB. The problem is his system never worked till he got his top QB and even then only for 3 years.

However perhaps just proved another point i have said the top QB is more important than the HC.

Bill and Tom broke up because of this issue. Tom felt disrespected.

John63

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":26uu0quy said:
John63":26uu0quy said:
Shanegotyou11":26uu0quy said:

And that makes my point. Look were NE is and look were TB is since the top QB left

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
In all fairness NE has a lot of holes and a rookie QB. Tampa just needed a QB and had everything else covered. Give Bill a few years with Jones and we'll see where they are at then.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
John63":2sxn7mvj said:
oldhawkfan":2sxn7mvj said:
John63":2sxn7mvj said:
Mizak":2sxn7mvj said:

His face says it all.

6-10 jets
10-6 NE
9-7 NE
8-8 NE
7-9 Seattle
7-9 Seattle

11-5
13-3
12-4
10-6
10-5-1
9-7
10-6
11-5
12-4

Huge Difference.

This is stupid and tiresome.

Show me a great coach who won lots of games without a great QB?

How is Belichick doing without Tom Brady?
Sean Peyton without Drew Brees?

Pete Carroll maybe past his prime but he was a great coach with a great QB who he helped develop.

The data you provided doesn’t prove anything other than good coaches and good QB’s win a lot of games together.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1zujqwqc said:
In all fairness NE has a lot of holes and a rookie QB. Tampa just needed a QB and had everything else covered. Give Bill a few years with Jones and we'll see where they are at then.

Bill is the GM. How did they end up with so many holes?

How many years should we give him? He just splurged on FA’s last offseason because of poor drafting.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
honestly I expected more out of our OC this season. I thought we were going to run more of the rams offense, and though we have been running a version of it I just haven't seen the consistency I was expecting.

last 3 OC including Shane we still see ALOT of 3 and outs. we get into third and short and can't get the first down. when we fail to convert on 3rd down I feel like the play calls/decisions are very vanilla. unfortunately we see it too often.

when we DO convert we usually see either a very smart play call with getting players open in space. I even liked the run with Homer last game that NO ONE saw coming which turned into a big play.

sometimes we are slow to develop plays in the backfield. whether its a hand off or play actions trying to catch the defense off guard. it doesn't seem to be fooling anyone on a consistent basis.

i dont mind us running it on short yardage 3rd and 4th down plays but we need to do it more out of the spread where they can't stack the box. if they do we need to check into maybe a play action screen.

id also like to see us show a heavy run package more often getting the defense to bite and throw to our TEs more. we have such great TEs and unfortunately our past 3 OCs haven't figured out how to utilize them on a consistent basis.

so much is left out of the field yet again. we have the talent. our o-line is playing very well for us. one thing they do need to work on is when the defense blitzes on 3rd down how to turn their aggression into a weakness. the great OCs and QBs can do this every game. we need to figure this out to be more successful

John63

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":g9k9w77i said:
honestly I expected more out of our OC this season. I thought we were going to run more of the rams offense, and though we have been running a version of it I just haven't seen the consistency I was expecting.

last 3 OC including Shane we still see ALOT of 3 and outs. we get into third and short and can't get the first down. when we fail to convert on 3rd down I feel like the play calls/decisions are very vanilla. unfortunately we see it too often.

when we DO convert we usually see either a very smart play call with getting players open in space. I even liked the run with Homer last game that NO ONE saw coming which turned into a big play.

sometimes we are slow to develop plays in the backfield. whether its a hand off or play actions trying to catch the defense off guard. it doesn't seem to be fooling anyone on a consistent basis.

i dont mind us running it on short yardage 3rd and 4th down plays but we need to do it more out of the spread where they can't stack the box. if they do we need to check into maybe a play action screen.

id also like to see us show a heavy run package more often getting the defense to bite and throw to our TEs more. we have such great TEs and unfortunately our past 3 OCs haven't figured out how to utilize them on a consistent basis.

so much is left out of the field yet again. we have the talent. our o-line is playing very well for us. one thing they do need to work on is when the defense blitzes on 3rd down how to turn their aggression into a weakness. the great OCs and QBs can do this every game. we need to figure this out to be more successful

Well I agree with most of what u day. Except

Our oline has not been good. Though PC has never had a good pass protecting oline in his hc career.

As to 3rd down, the issue is and has been for some time and again is a PC hc career thing is 3rd and longs.

As to great ics and qbs you are right however they usually don't have a HC getting involved. We do.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HawkNuts":1v9gsvv7 said:
pittpnthrs":1v9gsvv7 said:

Bill is the GM. How did they end up with so many holes?

How many years should we give him? He just splurged on FA’s last offseason because of poor drafting.

Harris was injured for awhile, Gilmore was released when he should have been, the defense hasent played well (not Seattle bad, but not good), and again they have a rookie QB. Why do you ask? Are you trying to secretly say something through your post like defending Carroll or something?

Tinamedina

Reaction score
John63":2ecwgw3m said:
Shanegotyou11":2ecwgw3m said:
John63":2ecwgw3m said:
Shanegotyou11":2ecwgw3m said:

And that makes my point. Look were NE is and look were TB is since the top QB left

tom brady gets more credit than he should. he has never had to deal with what wilson has had to. brady has never played on a bad team, ever. always has an oline, always has top players around him. brady is really an iconic game manager.